Brutal loneliness

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Auerbach, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I feel so alone and hopeless that my chest feels heavy, I cry unbearably, the pain is just so intense. It feels like I am falling off a cliff. That's how bad this loneliness feels, because no one seems to understand or care.

2. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

I think a lot of people understand the feeling. I'm not sure how much some people care, but there are those that do. There are people here that care. I often feel alone, even with people around me. A sense of isolation and detachment. It's not easy to deal with. I find it depends on the day, and making contact with someone can help.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I understand it hurts i get it some days i just go to mall and walk around just so i don't feel so alone and sit and watch people i am sorry you are so sad

4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I, too, understand the pain of loneliness and it really is horrible. Have you looked into groups and meetups etc in your area? I know it doesn't feel like it would help because more strangers are not what you need, but the only way to make new friends and find people to care about you is to start with strangers, exhausting and difficult as that seems. I am sorry you are in so much pain!

Take care *hug*

5. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Yes, loneliness can feel like falling off a cliff. I actually said same thing to myself last week. The only thing I can say is sit with it, this feeling will pass. If you need to talk, and you certainly will if the burden is great, call a crisis line in your state. These folks are great and can direct you to options you may not be aware of for additional help.

6. Auerbach

Thanks for your replies everyone.

It's a particular lonely night tonight, depressed and a little anxious. I need to change my ways. I still can't get over my two best friends that i lost two years ago, I miss them so much. I just sit here or lay crying...I could cry for an eternity.

7. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

Hello, you are more than welcome to chat to me whenever you are feeling lonely. If you would like my contact details then you can send me a PM. Finding friends seems to be a sisyphean task but don't give up hope.

8. Auerbach

Thanks flaxney.