bulimia and seeing someone else eat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by flower123, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flower123

flower123 Member

i went to a panto last night and i went to my boyfriend's mum's friend's house. she is about 50 years old and had anorexia when she was a teenager - she went into hospital. now she is eating fine and had two plates of nibbles. it felt really strange to me to see someone who used to have an ed eat......it shows that i will get better. although i told a couple of people afterwards and they thought i was strange and talking stupid.....dont know what to do.....
    has anyone had any experience of this?
  2. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

Yes i don`t believe in recovery (I mean in MY recovery)..But I do believe in others recovery because they have to.

A mm i`ve never met*i mean to talk and so on* someone with an ed or something but I saw....

A mm about the ones who talk without thinking they know a sh*t about bulimia or anorexia or an ed...because they DON`T LIVE with what we do,they don`t do what we do..so they just talk ...and talk...and talk ...besides the subject..
  3. Sometimes it can be weird, but mostly I'm just massively relieved that they are eating and they're not going to be mortality statistics of the illness...

I believe in recovery. I've seen it happen. I know it can be done. I haven't done it yet, but I know it can be done.
  4. Cadie

Cadie Well-Known Member

No one ever recovers from an eating disorder. I mean, you can get better, but u never fully recover.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.