Bulimia.. sort of?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by houseofcards, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Ok, first time i'm going to come out and open with this... kinda can't hold it in anymore.

A few years ago, like maybe 5ish now, I used to Have full-fledged binging and purging issues. Eat like maybe 3,000 calories or more and just get rid of it. I stopped when my friend emailed my mom and told her I was doing it, she didn't believe him since I wasn't "thin", so I stopped for a while out of fear.

Lately I've been having tons of binging sprees, but now i'm completely terrified of puking ever since I projectile vomited in my car while coming home from the ER. Does anyone else deal with compulsively binging but not getting rid of it afterwards? I just want to talk to someone and see how it is for them so I don't have the "I'm all alone" feeling :unsure:

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Aw, that sounds rough...

It's the guilty feeling afterwards, eh?
    One thing you could start doing is exercising after binging-- especially if you feel really lazy and like- not wanting to move. It's kind of like self punishment to make yourself exercise and it's healthier than purging and can speed up your metabolism.

Other than that... you can try writing a diary of all the things you eat and how much-- then go back and read through it every night.
    Sometimes that sets the guilt on enough to help you stop yourself from eating so much for no reason.

I think the healthiest way would be to get someone to help you monitor what you eat, though.

3. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

that is called Binge eating disorder. I have it. Nightmare. I didnt even know it existed but there is info online about it. There are therapies available, and some of the SSRIs are meant to help it, I'm on Lexapro, but all the reports I've heard about it are that it will make me gain more weight, even though my Doc says it will help me stop binge eating. I havent really noticed a change to be honest.

4. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was on a buttload of different SSRI's and didn't really feel any difference, but the antipsychotics especially made me gain SO much. I'm seeing a lady that controls my meds on tuesday so i'm gonna ask her if theres any way to make me stop being a pig.:mellow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.