Bulimia.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Issaccs, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

So I was wondering, is the purging stage of bulimia limited to vomiting?
    Particularly, can someone be considered bulimic if they binge on crap and try to compensate by dangerous levels of exercise to the point of passing out, muscle injury e.t.c.

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

yes that's a type of purging.

3. LouiseCap

LouiseCap Member

Regarding bulimia, there are 2 sub-categories: Purging type and non-purging type.

Purging type means that you vomit after you binge eat.

Non-purging type means that you try and compensate for your binge by attempting to remove the calories you have eaten to prevent gaining weight by excessive exercising, abusing laxatives and diuretics.

4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I'd say that was purging though- diurutics, laxatives, exercise etc...

A person can vomit through their mouth or take a laxative and it flushes it out the other end. It's the same thing but different ways of getting rid of food and calories. And exercise it's the same thing you're just doing it another way..

I was diagnosed purging subtype with anorexia last year because of my compulsive exercising- before that it was vomiting.

5. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Heya,

I would say that you have purging bulimia...like ggg says you laxative, compulsive excerising and vomiting is all the same thing. If you haven't already I would go and get help and advice for what you are doing.

Sam
    x

6. Bagpuss18

Bagpuss18 Well-Known Member

Exercise... Well, obsessive exercise is definately a form of it. I really am around if you need help.

I abuse laxatives so i can't say i completely understand, but i have some understanding.

PM box open for you.

mj

x x x x :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.