bulimia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone recover from this?

I am relapsing hard.

Not sure what to do.

2. weordmyndum

weordmyndum Member

I know people who have.

I was actually doing really well, nearly 9 months without binging and purging, but in the last 2 weeks life's blown up in my face

But I do believe it's possible to recover from bulimia. My problem's all the other stuff I can't seem to recover from.

3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I haven't binged/purged for 8 months this month. I've been doing really well with it, so I do this it's possible to recover from bulimia.

4. alison

alison Well-Known Member

i've sort of recovered from bulimia, in that i don't throw up anymore. but i'm still weird around food, and still binge. it sucks.. idk. but its definitely possible. it's a long process and you have to be committed, but you can def recover

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

At any rate, it is possible to recover.

6. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

thanks, i just am struggling with how hard this eating disorder has ahold of me at the moment, and as much as I hate it, I feel addicted to it, it sucks. The ambivalence is hard, like, I really don't want to give it up, but deep down I know its not good for me, but I can't imagine life without it. It's become part of who I am, which is just sick and wrong, but ultimately comforting somehow.

7. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

Yes. I am recovered and if I did it, you'll do it too.

8. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

My problem has always been more ana, but I've always had bulimic tendencies too. I'm not sure if this really counts because I guess I'm nowhere near completely recovered, but I recently got out of inpatient and a partial program and I'm doing better than I have in years. I NEVER thought it would be possible, but it is. I'm not FINE with food, but I'm recovering. I've been dealing with this since I was practically a kid and never thought it could get better... But It can. Eventually. I'm not convinced it ever completely goes away, but it does get easier.

9. abrillgreen

abrillgreen New Member

Bulimia, aswell alleged bulimia nervosa, is a cerebral bistro disorder. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control. Inappropriate methods of weight ascendancy cover vomiting, fasting, enemas, boundless use of laxatives and diuretics, or besetting exercising.

10. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I've started binging and purging again......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.