bulimic and don't want to quit

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I really don't, it has become like my best friend, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't throw up and yet it makes me miserable at the same time, but there is something comforting in that misery....sick huh?

I know it is killing me, but I can't stop.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What you say is so common for those suffering from any ED, as well as many other problems too. Only you can choose whether or not to fight it. If you choose to fight it, then you have control over it, if you choose not to fight it, then the bulimia has control over you. If you decide now is not the right time to fight, that's ok, but don't rule it out completely, forever.

What is it that worries you about being without bulimia, specifically the purging part of it?
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

You only think it's your friend hun but friends aren't meant to make you miserable. Only you can decide when or if you want to stop this. It's scary admitting that you are bulimic, but you've already done that.

I know you don't want lectured on long term effects but they are not nice & I know that from experience.

I hope you can find the courage to seek out the help you need.

:hug: Claire xx
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe it's something helping you cope right now. Maybe, it's something that's saving your life. You never know. Maybe you don't want to stop because you can't? Just a few thoughts.
  5. xxicedragonxx

xxicedragonxx Well-Known Member

of course you dont want to stop. thats normal. mia grabs a hold of you and doesnt want to let go. you think you are contolling it but it controls you.
    my gf has been anorexic and bulemic (she switches...ednos...) for a very long time. i am trying so hard to be there for her... yet there are times when i dont eat too...
    she freaks when she cant puke something up. no matter how hard she tries to keep it down she cant. you arent alone... the only thing to do is fight...
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi swimmergirl,

It sounds as if you are using the eating disorder as a coping method. Are you getting any professional help for your ED? If not,I'd strongly suggest you do. Do you think it would be too difficult to find another way of coping? :hug:
  7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i was just wondering whether you knew the trigger for what started your eating disorder because they normally only come about because of wanting complete control over something and food is the only thing that there is

but as claire_83 said, friends arent there to make you miserable and so maybe the best thing to do is to stop thinking of it as a friend if you do want to stop. sadly bulimia is something you do and not an entity all of its own
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.