Bull Sh*t Bingo!

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Butterfly, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Have you ever been sat in a business meeting or any type of meeting and actually wondered the f*ck everybody was talking about? Business has coined together expressions such as "running it up the flagpole", "touching base", "thinking outside the box" and "gap analysis".

Have you ever looked at your job title and wondered what is it you actually do? Do you have a job title of "Legacy Tactics Associate", "Investor Integration Producer", or "National Division Liason"?

What are your favourite, bullsh*t buzzwords and job titles? And can anyone enlight us on what these terms actually mean?? :beguiled: :nonchalance:

2. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

my dad was recently talking about that lol
    that he started looking at the words people use in his line of work, and realized that they were just ridiculous
    I'm afraid I do not know of any examples though

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I used to work for WHSmith (for the non-Ukers, thats a major high street retailer) and we used to actually play this in regional management meeting. People being paid in excess of £500,000 a year telling you that "going forward" we need to ensure that "free flow financing" is able to "drive forward sector change" in the hopes that "strategic marketing policies" can "raise brand awareness" by "making our core stock into destination prodcuts."
    Generally just made me want to throw things at them :/
    Particularly when the MD woman (making £750,000 a year) decided to get rid of staff discount to "protect our profit margins".
    On the upside - it made the meetings more entertaining, even if we did get a few dirty looks from the headoffice-wannabes :/

4. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

On my CV I use a made up job title that is worthy of Bull**** Bingo. I call myself a "Vehicular Relocation Specalist".

(I used to drive a recovery truck)

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

In graphic design, printers and clients like to commodify design work with words that make it sound like a shipment of potatoes or something. Something that grows out of the ground as if by miracle. Usually it's called "the creative". Printers will say things like, "you supply the creative. We are not responsible for errors in the creative."

here's a quote from a vendor/printer I received last month with product names removed. it also contains bonus marketing bs lingo:

:crushed:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

That is absolutely hilarious Lu. Ever get the "paradigm shift"

These stories are hilarious. Keep em coming!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.