bullying and being mean

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Aug 12, 2011.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't get why people gotta be so mean and jealous...I was reading about this 14 years old girl named rebecca black who made a song/video called friday, I watched it a bit, not my type of music, but I don't hate or bully her with stupid comments...

why do people have to be so mean? I just don't get it...how can hurting someone else can make you feel better? she's just a kid for crying out loud, with a dream...if it's not your type of music then move on....you can say you don't like it, but don't start bullying the girl for it...completely stupid...and total waste of time....

it makes me want to do something to counter act that negativity, but I don't know what to do...it just sucks that people are so evil....I can't be the only one who wants people around me to be happy and succeed? right??
  2. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. Thats a generous way of thinking. I can tell you have a kind heart. But yeah, its all part of human nature I guess. Some just have that natural instinct to be mean or perhaps someone/something has made them that way. I notice hate is a fad nowadays.. You get tons of thumbs up if you say something foul about Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, etc on most sites and you get tons of thumbs down if you say something nice or try to defend them. A lot of those people may secretly like Rebecca Black or feel sorry for her yet they fear being rejected for not following along with the fad. I use to be that way about Justin Bieber. I'd trash talk him just for the few minutes of fame even though I believe that if you don't like a celebrity, just move the hell on and listen to someone you do like. Stupid fads nowadays.. I think this trolling crap plays a huge roll on bullying nowadays. Everyone has their own way of entertainment though... Some more twisted than others or an act to blend in with a crowd.
  3. Comrade Napoleon

Comrade Napoleon Well-Known Member

Well those people that spread negativity are usually referred as "Trolls". Even though, Rebecca Black's song "Friday" is like scratching chalk board to my ears. People feel they could criticize and say whatever they want behind the safety of a computer screen.

What Rebecca Black could do is ignore all the haters and only focus on their true fans. There will always be haters in this world. Her true fans are the one that go to her concerts and buy her CDs.

Bullying is a big issue. I remember there I was victim of bullying. Furthermore, recent cases say bullying could lead to student suicides and school shooting. Here are some of the articles of people that fell victim to bullying.

This makes you think about bullying and I do hope those anti-bully laws do pass and show results.
  4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

on the internet people can be wankers. in real life they can be too. so eh. :|
  5. magillygutty

magillygutty Member

There the worst because you cant do anything to them. There such little bitches....:rant: sorry about the language...
  6. foolnomore

foolnomore Well-Known Member

The internet makes people feel brave and they think hiding behind anonymous names etc keeps them safe. I have come across many in my years on the internet (started long before the www) and the best thing everybody can do is ignore them -if they get no response they give up. There are occasions when that tactic doesn't work so then you have to stand up to them but not stoop to their low tactics. The bullies hate to be ignored and hate anyone to stand up to them,especially if you fight back in a reasonable manner . Bullies on the internet or in RL are basically cowards that get used to people being afraid of them,when someone shows no fear they don't know what to do
  7. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I can really relate morning rush there are so many haters out their it's ridiculous it seems that wayyy too many people have lost the ability to empathize with others or be considerate of others feelings. Lot's of individuals due it out of jealously and others do it to make themselves feel better. This is often the case with labels and aggressive judgments.

Hate just spreads though some people get bullied and hated on so they think it's okay to do it to other people. I even saw this one story on Dr. Phil where this girl with very rich parents like 17 or so crashed a very nice car and she died in the crash. There were people posting horribly mean things, like how can anyone do that when a person has died? It's mind boggling.

It reminds me of what's know as an in-group bias I've said this a few times on here but individuals will look for any reason no matter how insignificant to prove why their group is superior this in fact improves their self esteem :(

"There is nothing noble about being superior to another person. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self." I love this quote.
  8. Amyblue

Amyblue Member

I am currently a victim of in school bullying(psychology grad school if you can beleive that). It started when a guy who used to be friends with me realised I was closely related to someone famous and hounded me to get close to my relative until I said no after he asked to stay at her house with me. He started rumours about me and then next thing you know I have half of my class hating me and i don't even know why. He also sent messages on FB from a mutual friend who is not in our class saying I am insane and even went so far as to share a private email about my own childhood sexual abuse with 5 other students. Every week i am in the same class with the same 20 people and at least half of them are his friend and act like I have the plague or something. It's very painful. I've spoken to the director who has basically said that he can only do something if it happens in the classroom where a teacher can see. It is everyday and I am just feeling so alone and vulnerable against this bully who is like the "ringleader". I would transfer schools but I would lose all of the credits I earned so far. This is in psychology doctoral school I'm talking about.
  9. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear, it's sad how people just follow one person and do mean and cruel things. It's largely social influence that's the problem. There is a thread I created in the soap box called "understanding how good people turn evil" it's about a book written by a famous social psychologist Phillip Zimbardo I suggest you check it out.

We all do react to the world around us but you need to do your best not to let them get to you, their acting childish and them being mean isn't your issue it's theirs.
  10. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear :/. He sounds very immature. I once had a bully in 3rd grade tell cops that I brought a lighter to school and was planning on lighting the school on fire. He dropped the lighter his self though. Thankfully the cops could tell he was mischievous and that I was sweet so he ended up getting suspended for a while for bringing the lighter and lying to them. He was always trying to get me in trouble. Even after that for a while some of his friends would pick at me. I was always a victim of bullying in school.
  11. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow I'm sorry this is happening...but the director should be doing something...maybe you need to get a lawyer involved...

maybe you should just ask those groups why they are picking on you? just confront them and see what happens...don't let them boss you around...I know that's easier said than done, but you deserve to be treated with respect...wish I could do more...I hate bullying with a passion....