Bullying stopped me being a gymnast and now I want it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_pixie

Here's my story...

I was so good at gymnastics at school, I was flexible and thin. Girls were jealous and bullied me, so I comfort ate which turned into bulimia messing up my metabolism. I stopped excercising due to being tired from vomitting and my metabolism being slow, I put on so much weight.

I cut my hair off, I did drugs and alcohol, I formed a HORRIFIC temper, I cut my wrists and forgot the one thing I loved due to being bullied so badly.

I want to get back into it and be myself again. I am now 22 and have not done gymnastics for years....does anybody have any advice on how to get back into it? I need some encouragement I have a long road ahead of me!

Anime-Zodiac

Well flexibility is a important factor as well as all round fitness. So perhaps start improving your stamina by going for some runs and also do some routine stretches but this should only be done once your muscles are warm up, so perhaps after jogging/running, do the stretching exercises.

Also eating right, is important since you need energy and nutrition to build yourself up.

Take things in your own stride and you will eventually get there.
Only push yourself when you know you can take it.

Altruist

Eating 6 - 5 smaller meals a day will ignite your metabolism. Make sure you eat a bunch for breakfast so that you don't stay in starvation mode for the rest of the day packing on pounds at all your meals. The above poster has some good advice, you probably should start doing cardio. The main thing is dont give up, just keep at it even if you fall off the wagon. Pick yourself up and get back to it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress, we can bug you to keep at it when you start to fall down :smile:

A_pixie

Thank you for the responses guys it means so much to me I'm so excited to see where it goes :D

I will indeed update etc you have all been very encouraging :)

aoeu

My thought to get back into it would be to just jump back in. Find an adult gymnastics drop-in class near you and just start from the beginning. The first time is entirely and completely exhausting, and it'll certainly kick-start your metabolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00