Bullying

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Chase, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase

Chase Member

I wasn't bullied in my life. However, I have spiralled into depression which I have wallowed in for over a year now. I've kept my scars hidden except from my close friends, but today some people in class saw and, of all things, took the piss out of me.

Why would someone do this? I'm upset so what do they do? Try to upset me more.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Aw darling I'm so sorry to hear about that.

There are many reasons that people make fun of things, ignorance, fear, maybe even they do it themselves. Please don't let them get to you.

With regards to your depression, are you getting any help for it? Have you got a therapist or any professional support? If not maybe you could try and get some to try adn help you through it.

It's never easy if people find out by accident, it often leaves a feeling of being out of control, and you have also been left with other feelings due to people being stupid about something very serious. Please keep talking about it and remember that it is not you at fault, they are the ignorant ones.

If you want to talk feel free to pm me

Take care

3. toonkate

toonkate Guest

people are still pretty ignorant when it comes to mental health issues.
    i know its near impossible to do, but try ignore what they said, they are the ones at fault here, dont let them make you feel bad.

4. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

I had an incident like this about a month ago. I tried to avoid the person but finally he just got to me and I told myself fuck it. He asked, I told him and I took a little pride in being able to be comfortable with myself letting someone else know, even though it's something that is frowned upon. Don't look at this situation negatively, embrace it. It is a chance for you to overcome yourself and become a better person.

And what S said reminded me of something from the movie "Hearts in Atlantis" (written by Stephen King). The main character has "abilities" and the kid at whose house he was staying with was called a "queer" by another character. The main character proceeded to have "conversation with the name caller and told him he knew about him putting on his mothers clothes, etc...And I feel that is a big part of what bullying is, making others feel worse so that the bully can feel better about their own insecurities. Don't let them get to you.

5. eih

eih Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me too but I hadnt been cutting that long before everyone found out.

sorry it happened I know its a horrible feeling having your secret exposed and everyone teasing u for it

just dont let it get to you and know that those people are ignorant and unempathetic.

6. Chase

Chase Member

Yes, I am seeing a councellor. He is a lot of help.

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I'll try to not let it get to me.

Love, Chase.

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's really good you are seeing someone and getting some help. It might be a good idea to try and discuss this with your counsellor.

Take care of yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.