Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by no point, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no point

no point Well-Known Member

Ok this may seem like a stupid question. But I feel like I have to ask this. Do you think being bullied is a sign of weakness? I was bullied all through elementary school, middlle school and high school. I know that it has affected me beyond anything else that has happened over the years. But I can't talk about it with anyone. I'm just embarrassed about it and also I think it's a weakness and I deserved all of it. I don't know...you don't have to answer this. Maybe it is a stupid question after all.
  2. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

It's not a stupid question. I felt the same way, I always thought that maybe I was just weak and that was why I was bullied. I always thought that I deserved what I got.
    No one who gets bullied is weak and no one deserves it. It's very unfortunate that it happens to certain people. It shouldn't have to happen.

People who bully others are the weak ones. Most of the time when someone is bullying someone it is to boost their confidence and be accepted. If someone has to bully someone in order to gain peoples respect than they are the weak ones.
  3. I don't believe that is a stupid question at all. Now I'm not exactly speaking from experience here, despite my confidence issues people seemed to have taken a liking to me for reasons unknown.

But we've all been bullied at least once or twice and I know how it makes you feel. The truth is, the one doing the bullying is the person with the weakness, not you. And I'm sure you've heard this before but they bully to feel better about themselves, when really - they probably hate themselves. No one deserves to be bullied, no matter what. And I'm sure you're a wonderful person. Just try your best not to take it to heart because there will always be people out there who accept you for you. You just have to find them.
  4. Diseased88

Diseased88 Active Member

this is my opinion, but yes. On one hand, the bully is emotionally weak, and needs to pick on someone (usually) to feel beeter/more confident. But on the other hand, the person being bullied also shows weakness. Irregardless of physical strength, if the person being bullied just accepts their fate and does nothing to fix the situation, i would call that very weak. and only by either bringing the situation to a higher authority, or standing up for yourself will you be able to stop the situation.

I have an intense hatred for people who abuse their power, whatever little it might be. but people need to know they cant just sit around and take shit from others.

thats my opinion though, and is subject to change
  5. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure of that weakness of bullies. Some evil persons may just laugh at people they think are stupid or weird, but they still have strong self-esteem and are popular among others. I don't know, but it just sounds like worn-out comfort sentence.
  6. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

i told my friend a couple stories. and he didn't believe me. some people just never experienced or believe bullying exists. a high school student of the tech killer said she never witnesses him being bullied. but her friends did.
  7. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

i think everyone has a vulnerable and strength quality. chuck norris said that sometimes one has to have a vulnerable quality to exhibit strength. of course, everyone is vulnerable. USA is strong, but look at the world trade center. how you choose to use your strength for or against others?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.