Bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos General

I see people use the phrase im being bullied all the time on here and im just interested to know what people think bullying actually means to them.

You see if something happens once i cant really see how that can be construed as bullying. Bullying happens when someone does or says something to a person again and again and is relentless. I can point out countless times on even here that this has occured but that defeats the point.

Bullying can mean being ignored by a group of people, constant verbal abuse, physical attacks, cyber bullying, damn there are many forms of bullying but the point of this thread i guess is what does bullying really mean?

Maybe then people on here might think about using such a strong word as bullying

Issaccs

Bullying is prolonged and intentional attempts too cause some kind of bad feeling in another person for anothers gain.
What else can it mean.

KittyGirl

...it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
I feel like bullying can span from any type of teasing to full out attacks-- if the receiver is feeling hurt afterward.

You may not realize that you are actually hurting someone by what you say or do, but that hurt will stay with the 'victim' for a very long time, resulting in mistrust and paranoia as well as other bad stuff.
The only thing you can do is apologize and work on having better communication so that no one gets hurt anymore.

Some things bother people more than others - you'll never know who is hurt by what unless it is outwardly expressed by both parties; what feels bad and what the actual intentions of the teasing/jokes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00