Bummer acid trips

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Tam, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Looks like there's loads of people on this bit of the forum who have a pretty wide ranging experience of most illegal and illicit substances so thought I'd see if anyone had had experiences like mine.

Way back in the dawn of man when acid came in tabs and had names like Californian Sunshine and Clockwork Orange (by the way has anyone heard of that particular name?) - I had some particularly vicious bummers the effects of which are still screwing me up big time.

Essentially I got really paranoid and never properly came out of the psychotic state the acid created. I've never met anyone in all the decades since then who's had similar experiences so I've always believed it was something wrong with me. (Hell for all I know it COULD be me.)

But I think it might help me if someone here who'd had some sort of bummer acid trip would talk about it so please think about it - if you don't want to post publicly you can always PM me.

Thanks

Tam

2. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Hmm.

So this is a farcry and risks sounding positively ridiculous, but...

Have you tried any sorts of meditation? It helps and could possibly pull you out of the state you're in. I could reference a whole bunch of books on the subject; PM me, if you'd like.

Best of luck.

3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thanks Zueri for the reply. Have struggled off and on with trying meditation and meditation type techniques for ages, and would be interested to find out more about it, so will take you up on your offer.

But also, I do want to know if anyone else has had similar bummer experiences - I've trawled sites like Erowid but not found much that matches mine. I guess I'm hoping that I'm not the only one in the world who's been affected long long after the actual trip.

Tam

4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

ive never had flashbacks off trips, but isnt clockwork orange that stanley kubrick film?

5. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Yeah, the film had just come out at the time this acid was around, I guess it was named because of the film (considering its effects, quite apt really.)

6. golddust

golddust New Member

a few years ago i had a bad trip on acid and my friend had "hppd" from mushrooms and i found this website to be really supportive: http://www.hppdonline.com/forum/

7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thanks Golddust for the link.

I looked at it but there doesn't seem to be a proper home page explaining what it's all about. The best I could understand was that it seemed to be to do with flashbacks, which isnt what's 'wrong' with me.

8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Hi Tam,

I sent you a pm regarding my experiences and that of one other guy I knew. As far as I know his problems are not the same as what you are describing. Are you saying that you feel like you never came down off the acid trip?

If so, I've never heard of it...but like I said in the pm I have heard of slight alterations to one's brain chemistry.

9. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

God no! That would be unthinkable. (Although unusually, ir not uniquely, the actual acid 'feel' lasted for about three weeks before it wore off). It's more that I saw and 'understood' all these great universal truths whilst tripping (that acid sense of everything meaning something else, something hugely signifcant and meaningful and real, more real than reality type of thing), and even though rationally I now sort of 'know' it wasn't true, it's remained as my fundamental sense of reality.

And it was compounded by the fact that the trip was unlike any normal trip I'd had before (no visual or auditory hallucinations etc) and I therefore thought that I WASN'T tripping, experiencing it all as real without that sense of background knowing that it's just acid.

Will go and read the PM now. Thanks.

Tam

10. twc

twc Well-Known Member

In all honesty, you might just want to find someone who can talk about deep subjects and just talk it all out. Philosophize.

11. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Um not quite sure how to take your post TWC. But it's made me feel defensive, like I'm being criticized for the way I'm talking about what's a really big deal to me. It's not just some intellectual exercise.

I'm sorry if it's coming across like that, I don't mean it that way.

12. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way at all.

I do think it is a big deal, and that it could help to find someone to talk to irl who does take you very seriously.

I wish you the best.

13. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thanks TWC.

Tam

14. ih8orfans

ih8orfans Member

hey tam
    clockwork orange is still used today in detroit, my pals use it quite a lot, so its used over the pond too :)

15. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

Hey tam, I think I got what twc was saying. Since you got this ability to see things in the universe differently, wouldn't it be cool to just talk about the things you were thinking? Me and my friends used to sit around all the time and talk about space and time and all that, it's cool what ideas can pop up. Why not use your info to branch out in philosophy rather than banish it as bad thoughts I guess.

For the topic, I had some ecstacy about a couple months ago and it opened my mind a little bit. Things about the universe, people, and other stuff I think lol. When I listen to music now I appreciate it a lot more and sometimes I feel the trip come back a little bit, like how it felt. But I don't think as intensly as your experiencing, and not the type. There's my ten cents. I like hearing peoples trips it always interesting, never boring, sometimes scary lol.

16. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Tam what you're going through is painfully common. They say that once you drop Acid you are never the same as you were before, and I've known people that solidifies that statement. The effects can be small or large, but regardless, you will have differences in your thinking and perception after you've taken Acid, and they will take many years to wear off, thats in the event that they do. Don't take my post as absolute truth, I'm 99% sure of what I say but there is still that 1% chance that I am wrong.

17. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Sorry, posted this before I knew how to subscribe to threads so didn't notice these replies till just now. Want to say thanks to Tobes, Tastelikeblood and ij8orfans for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

ih8orfans - do you think it's the same Clockwork Orange as was around in 1973? would be interesting to know what some of your mates think of it?

Tastelikeblood - bit hard to philosophize about psychosis :biggrin: but yeah acid and the like can give rise to some VERY interesting discussions!

Tobes - 1% off absolute certainty, that is pretty good odds :smile: Yes I think things like acid do affect neural pathways seemingly permanently, but I have a bit of faith in neural plasticity working in my favour as well. Hence the question in my thread, in the hope of getting more ideas or info to feed into those pathways, try to change the patterns of thinking the acid created.

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.