Empathy Only Burned out and in a permanent mental fog

I absolutely hate my job. The only redeeming quality it has is the fact that it gives me money. I hate what I do for work. It hasn't been enjoyable for a very long time. However, I'm at a point in my life now where changing careers is pretty much a no-go. If I do it, I'd be starting over from the very bottom, and I wouldn't be able to afford to cover my bills. Right now, I'm sitting here trying to come up with what I really need to let out there, but I literally can't. There's just so much wrong with me and my life that I can't even collect a single thought.

I live alone, I have no chance of a relationship due to crippling anxiety, I really shouldn't live alone because it's gotten my mental health even worse than it used to be and no one in my life really seems to understand or care. I have no one to talk to.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I absolutely hate my job. The only redeeming quality it has is the fact that it gives me money. I hate what I do for work. It hasn't been enjoyable for a very long time. However, I'm at a point in my life now where changing careers is pretty much a no-go. If I do it, I'd be starting over from the very bottom, and I wouldn't be able to afford to cover my bills. Right now, I'm sitting here trying to come up with what I really need to let out there, but I literally can't. There's just so much wrong with me and my life that I can't even collect a single thought.

I live alone, I have no chance of a relationship due to crippling anxiety, I really shouldn't live alone because it's gotten my mental health even worse than it used to be and no one in my life really seems to understand or care. I have no one to talk to.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Sorry to hear this, Ulrike. Am I right in saying it's your manager that cloaks the whole joy and sense of fulfillment in your work? Personality I would tell her to go fuck herself, but I'm on the aggressive side. Have you tried telling her to stop doing things that make you uncomfortable.

Sorry to hear this, Ulrike. Am I right in saying it's your manager that cloaks the whole joy and sense of fulfillment in your work? Personality I would tell her to go fuck herself, but I'm on the aggressive side. Have you tried telling her to stop doing things that make you uncomfortable.
I'm not quite sure what you mean? I don't like my job largely because I don't enjoy what I do for work anymore.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I'm not quite sure what you mean? I don't like my job largely because I don't enjoy what I do for work anymore.
So you've grown out of this type of work & It's causing you to feel disillusionment. Have you thought about what you'd like to now.

Harmony

SF Supporter
It sounds like you have great insight into what is and is not helpful for you. Sorry for the situation you currently find yourself in and I hope there is some way it can improve as impossible as that prospect may currently seem at this point in time.

Jane65

It sounds like you have decided to stick with your job fir the financial security... seems you have weighed up the pros and cons carefully. But there was something else you were trying to find the words to express.
Could you gave another go at writing it out here where you will be heard. You can talk here as much as you like... maybe try writing what may feel like waffle and see where it goes.
I live alone too. I have always been alone (55yrs old). I have a crushing sense of loneliness too.
You said you couldn't even collect a thought but I heard what you have written and it moved me. I hear how sad and lonely you feel and I wish I could ease that in some small way.
I hear you x

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00