Burning moon

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I recently had a dream that confused me. I thought Id post here and see if anyone had any ideas.. The dream started out like this: Im standing in the door of the old store building. My uncle is standing outside sort of leaning up against the wall beside the door. We are talking but I cant hear the conversation. All of the sudden I can hear whats being said. I say to him 'Look its a eclipse'. Now it was dark outside with a big bright moon in the sky. All of the sudden the eclipise finishes and this red ring appears and moves over the surface of the moon. Its red with black swirling spots. Its like the moon is on fire. I say 'Do you see that' and we both run into the yard where all of the sudden theres all of these people (its like a party). We keep screaming at people to look, look at whats happening, but no one does. Then the moon just burns up and the peices fall (like when somethings burning you can see the sparks and the debree). Well it appears again, and again, and again. About four times does the moon reappear and burn down again..

The rest of the dream was horribly odd but Im certain didnt mean anything. It turned into this weird sex thing (no not with my uncle..the other people in the dream were going crazy like being controlled by something unseen). Then I ran into the old house (which isnt there now btw) and found others hiding. I told them to stay out of the moonlight. Then it turned into this weird transmorphers fight for your life thing..But anyhow..Im wondering if the burning moon has any meaning?

2. ThoseEmptyWalls

Im still very interested in the meaning of this dream. I looked in my my dream book and found nothing. Searched online and found nothing helpful..Any ideas?

3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i know about dream interpretation...

the moon symbolizes things we keep hidden, and by it burning it could represent you disposing of it, moving on, etc. that it keeps returning but you're the only one who notices means that you can't quite put it behind you just yet. that you warn others to stay out of the moonlight means you also don't want others to know.

in the tarot the moon card can symbolize lies and deception, so maybe it's a guilty conscience?

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

I wish I knew what my concious was feeling guilty about. Could it be some sort of sexual thing Im feeling guilty about? Because the dream has sex in it.. I have sex dreams all of the time but nothing as weird as what was in this dream. I wasnt even engaged in the sexual acts in this dream either. So it stumped me..

5. necrodude

i have no idea sorry. dream interpretation is a very personal thing, and if it's to do with your subconscious, then maybe even your conscious mind doesn't know.

then again it may be related to these repressed memories you mentioned? i'm no psych expert but it might be worth examining. with the help of a qualified professional

6. ThoseEmptyWalls

Sure, when the tress in my back yard start sprouting money I will bring it up with a professional... But no, Im sure its nothing to do with repressed memories that I mentioned.. When I have dreams about rape they are always so scary and dark in nature. This was just weird, off the wall, and loopy. I know dreams are very personal. I know my subconsious mind is trying to tell me something that my awake mind isnt aware of, just wish it was.

7. necrodude

could just be a typical dream. but at least you're aware that there's a message in there which is a step closer to receiving it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.