burning *triggering*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by among the stars, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

i feel like i have tried it all to deaden my pain - ive tried therapy and cutting but nothing deadens my pain like burning and even in that it doesnt always work. But lately i burn every nite before i sleep and often now during the day. i cant handle the day to day life w/o hurting myself. i take chemical cleaners and a pain relieving cream like theragesic or bengay and apply it to my skin in places that i kno wont show the burn or the scars. Its like an impulse, i do and i hate the pain that it causes. I hate the welts that stay for days or weeks. i hate what i am doing to myself but i cant stop cuz if i stop now i might do something worse.

2. isoko49

isoko49 Member

I can totally sympathise with you - once you get into a hurting cycle, it feels like it's impossible to stop. And it's true, you only do it because you know you'll do something worse otherwise. All I can suggest doing is please get some help. It's hard taking the step and admitting you have a problem but it will be worth it. If you can't tell anyone, try to follow the guidelines in the sticky threads - limit yourself if you can and make sure you have appropriate first aid on hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.