Burns depression check list

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Borrowed time*, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I have asked this a few times in the thread and never gotten an answer so its probably a stupid question but its one which is still bothering me.
    How reliable is this test? I ask because some of the questions seem to point to my personality such as low self esteem, feeling sad and loss of interest in family and friends. Well my family arent interested so why should i be and i have no friends. Iv been told i was always a quiet person growing up and spent a lot of time on my own.
    I dont like to self diagnose but have done the test a few times and always scored over 90. Im going back to the doctors next week about what i tried to do last weekend because frankly it did scare me.
    Im in the UK so does any one know if the doctor will make me take a test similar to this one? Also if i tell him i attempted but dont plan on doing so again any time soon but that i still want to, will he still try to send me to hospital? I really cant do that.
    Again sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Thank you for any advice

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

It's very much a general guide, I would say. I wouldn't take the result too seriously. For example, I've always thought that someone could influence the results themselves, as you choose the option. And yes some of the questions might not apply to you. And someone might be suicidally depressed but not fit every category of depression still. Putting a score on depression doesn't really work, in my opinion.

Good luck with your appointment. I doubt the doctor will actually give you a test, they'll probably just ask you about what your experiencing, about different symptoms. They probably won't send you to hospital just for being suicidal, they usually only send you if you tell them your planning to do it very soon.

3. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Thanks for that
    That's what iv always thought but was never sure.
    I'll see what my doctor says if I actually manage to talk this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.