Burns

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ignored, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I've been on a sh frenzy over the last week or two.... I had a big life event which left me furious and now my psychologist thinks I've turned it inward (as I usually do) and I've been burning like a demon. I've just been to the drs for a blood test and she was utterly horrified at the state of my arms. Problem is I'm going home at the w/e and my mum will see them (didn't think of that as I was doing it) and she'll go ape!! I'm such a fuck up it's scary and I wouldn't mind but the sh obsession hasn't gone away... I'm still feeling driven to do it. :sad:

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Evil, you are not a fuck up in any way, shape or form. People have different ways of handling situations and yours is no different, it's just not healthy. Instead of turning things inward, which I do also, why not try to get them out. Do something like writing, or drawing, something just so you aren't letting the events build up to the point of the burning. Right now you need to worry about you and if your mom will go apeshit, maybe it's because she cares but don't focus on her flipping out, focus on turning that around and maybe fixing it.

:hug:
    Kells

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Thanks! :hug: Maybe if I ply her with alcohol for the week, she might be too drunk to notice?? :wink: Seriously though, she'll be very very unhappy about this and start freaking out, worrying etc :sad: I do need to find a way to focus out... maybe I'll buy a punchball or something? I find anything too reflective like writing makes me worse cos I used to write poetry, journal etc All seems so long ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.