Buspirone (BuSpar)?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by unionfalls, Mar 17, 2014.

1. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I have had Buspirone added to my meds and am wondering of others experiences with this anxiety med. I am currently taking Lexapro 20mg and have just had the Buspirone added for anixety at 15mg to start. Benzos are out for me, can not do, so this appears to be the only non benzo for this. Any experiences/knowledge on how quickly, if at all, it becomes effective, side affects, that sort of thing. I have read up on it and discussed with my doctor, but was hoping for some personal feedback on this med. Thank You!

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi,. I am on buspar. Its good because it does not create the benzo rollar coaster effect where people go into depression as a side effect. But i cant promise it would work. I just take it. I have no clue how much it helps. I hope it works well for you. I really do.

3. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Thank you flowers!!
    :freehug:

4. lonel

lonel Account Closed

ive never tried, but i hope it helps. i tried a beta blocker - more for high bp, but it helped some w/anxiety and calming and nothing like addiciton of benzo - no addicition at all - its like baby asprin. good luck