But I Do Hurt...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by iicookieii, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iicookieii

iicookieii Active Member

My parents are from another generation and have diffrent ways of doing things. They dont understand the basis of my clinical depression, assuming instead that it is simply "sadness", to which I could snap out of it if I so chose. The same applys to my SH, cutting, which they describe as a cry for attention and not overtly serious.

It hurts.

It hurts so much and I feel so guilty, guilty for having these feelings. I feel like somethings wrong with me.

When I attempted suicide this past Febuary, I felt their dissapointment, not their concern or fear or relief. Everytime the school calls to say theyre concerned about me, everytime a close teacher of mine asks those s***headed guidance councilers how I am, because there concerned, I get yelled at. Becasue theres nothing wrong with me and obviously Im acting out.

Ill show them.

I dont hate myself. Theres alot I can do. I just..I hate this world. There are no words to describe my hatred for this world. I just cant go on.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

People are so ignorant hun of course you cannot just snap out of it god i hate it when people say that. You need to get some therapy some meds as well to help you get out of this darkness you are in Please hun know we understand okay we will not judge you here please pm me anytime you need to h ugs
  3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Melissa,

I am sorry you are massively misunderstood by your parents.. It irritates me how they are reacting with anger towards you when they need to be more supportive and genuinely concerned. :( I wish you the best, and may the reality and seriousness of your suffering finally sink in soon for your mom and dad... so that you can have more outside support around you... Always know that we are here to listen. :] I am glad you are here with us. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.