But I don't want to die...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lethal Photography, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

I've been okay since January. No attempts, no cutting, no bad thoughts, nothing. But now I'm getting these overwhelming thoughts about cutting and going deep enough to die. I did cut, not deep enough, but enough to run out of bandaids when I was cleaning them afterwards. But these thoughts are taking over and I don't want to die, but I keep making plans. There's so much I want to do, and I never want to be in a hospital again, and...and...I'm scared.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I make plans even when I don't really want to die also.
    Remember that you don't really want to die when you get those thoughts. That they are just thoughts.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You have to try and block those thoughts of suicide out of your minds Nicothodes. You sound like you really want to live, but have a hard time dealing with the suicidal thoughts. And you have to regain control and stop cutting yourself. I know it's very hard, but you have to stop. :hug:
  4. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

work on the reasons why you cut first, then resolve those reasons, then proactively go forward in life
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Do you see a therapist or anyone professional?
    Try to occupy your mind and also find out if there is any particular reason you feel this way.
  6. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

I was seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist, but I just moved into college, 6 hours away from my doctors.
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Does the college have any supporting body's to help? I'm aware that at universities they have councilors, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.