But what if it works?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boleyn, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boleyn

boleyn New Member

Bulimia...it's supposed to be bad for you...but what if it works? I've lost thirteen pounds...I have control over food now. I can control my life because of this...Or at least, I feel in control.

How can it be this bad if it's keeping me from disappearing completely?

Peace, Love,
    Boleyn.

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Are you really controlling food, or are you letting it control you in a different fashion?

People have been controlled by food for all history. There's really nothing wrong with it.

3. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Hi Boleyn..

I don't either Anorexia or Bulimia resembles control in any way, shape or form other than the ED controlling you, rather than the other way around.

For years I have fooled myself into thinking that my Anorexia is under my control but in reality I now know that she (Ana) controls me..It permeates every aspect of my life from my sleep pattern to my social life..And I have no intention of letting her go.

Once in the thrall of it, you will won't realise until it is too late so please, rethink.. I am not telling you to stop, that would be futile as only you can do that..But consider the relationship you have with food & your reasons for becoming bulimic...Don't wonder blindly down the path to self destruction as I have..Where everything revolves around food (Or the lack of it)

Have a look at some of the other posts on this forum, see the damage it has done..From broken relationships to torn throat linings... It can come to little good hon..

With all that said, it is your choice..If you ever want to talk, cry, scream or even just share the load, drop me a pm & I promise I shall not judge or scorn you for what you decide..Just choose wisely..

With peaceful thoughts

4. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I am struggling with the same sort of questions, but deep down I know it's bad for me, despite the short term relief it provides, apparently though the part of me that rationally knows I am doing harm is not as loud as the eating disorder that beckons me to keep going.

5. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

See? That's the voice talking to you, telling you its ok, the spider drawing you closer for the kill. Get help before you're lost to it. I know the voice, it's intoxicating and tempting, and tells you it's ok. It's really not. Do something NOW before the voice gets too strong and you end up caught in the crossfire.

Lex

6. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I know you know this..but I think it bears repeating.

-Your teeth will wear away.
    -Your throat will wear away.
    -You can get to a point where either a) you can throw up on command or b) you can't throw up no matter WHAT you do.
    -It's an addictive behavior
    -If you use your fingers to purge, your nails and skin are going to get messed up.

Not to mention the multitude of ways this could KILL you...and none of them are pretty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.