But WHY don't you like me??!!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Cariad_Bach, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I'm sure many people here, and out there in The World, feel bad when they don't get along with someone. It feels really awful to think that another person doesn't like you, or is mad at you for some reason (especially if that reason is unknown) - particularly if you don't know how to make it better.

And I know that you can't get on with everybody all the time.

But I get really obsessed when I know someone has a problem with me, and I just can't seem to rest unless I feel it has been resolved, or at least that I have tried enough to absolve myself of the responsibility for Trying to make it better. Even if the thing I should do to make it better is back off, or leave well alone, or just give them some breathing space, I just can't seem to stop myself from worrying and fretting over it. I go over and over every conversation, every detail to find what I did wrong and how I can make them change their mind about me - and even though I know that that is a pointless excercise I just can't stop doing it.

Anyone else do this? How do you deal with it? What's the best way to handle it?

What if the person is someone who is very important to someone who is very important to you? You can't Make someone like you, and you can't Force them to spend time with you (would you want to...???) But is it really OK to just ignore the fact that you don't get along, and avoid them? To see only the person you do like and try to pretend the other doesn't exist? I've done that before and it's not gone well... And cutting out both of them, well.. that is an option, but not a particularly satisfactory one, when what I really want is to spend time with the person who likes me, and makes me happy, and treats me nicely and makes me feel good.... y'know, without the other one making me feel bad :doh:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The other person has the problem hun not you YOu can only be true to yourself okay you stay who you are and if they don't like you tough I have been hurt inside by so many now i know to just let it be just be myself and if they don't want to accept apologisie or want to get along then you tried hun and it is their problem okay not yours

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sometimes it really is just a chemistry thing.

I've hated the sight of someone on sight, with no rational reason.
    So either we've been enemies in a previous life, or our chemistry clashes.
    People love at first sight so this must be the opposite of that.
    Not a lot you can do about that tbh, but if it's any consolation, as you get older you will care less and less what others think of you.

4. Gypsy_Girl

Gypsy_Girl Active Member

true..... but not when we need that person to move on with our lives like our boss..... but now i don't care much..... the next big thing comes along... i will know when to make my move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.