Butterfly effect healing

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Entity, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

Not sure if any of you have heard, but a very good friend of mine Jacque (fubar) told me about this, it's where you draw a butterfly on yourself and wait for it to fade of natural causes and at least until it fades you cannot do any form of si or you will kill the butterfly, when drawing the butterfly, dedicate it to a loved one.
    Jacque and I are both trying this :biggrin:
    Day one:

Jacque's butterfly:

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/Katie1522/butterfly effect/Jacquebutterfly-1.jpg

My butterfly:

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/Katie1522/butterfly effect/butterflyeffect.jpg

Join us?

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'll do it :) But I can't draw it right now as I am at college haha. But I'll do it when I get home.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow that is a beautiful idea thanks

4. x BrokenBabydoll x

x BrokenBabydoll x Well-Known Member

I've had mine on for 2 days! Though I don't draw nearly as well as you two! Keep flying :) x

5. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

wow Khloe that's fantastic! keep it going :) I'm sure you draw just fine, it's not an art contest just a neat little way to stop si ^_^

6. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Your butterflies are lovely! i'll join u :) Even though my method of self-harming is completely different,LOL(nervous laugh).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  7. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

This is a really nice idea. Would it be ok to post about this in my blog? I would put your name as the credit, as i dont want to steal your idea! My blog address is in the post 'Distractions and fighting it' if you wanna check it out before answering? xx

8. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

No need to ask permission :) it wasn't an original idea of mine, Jacque found it on deviantArt, i thought it was very lovely and decided to share it with all my friends here on sf :hug:

9. kizzybaby

Ok thank you, I'll give you credit for it tho! its great when people share things like that. Positive things, that might make a difference. xoxo

10. x BrokenBabydoll x

It's totally going on my latest blog post too! Day 3, still being strong, getting much harder now though!! Beginning too wonder why I decided on semi-permanent marker for my first attempt! x

11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I drew something today, to stop myself from starting. It's so hard

:later:

12. kizzybaby

Well done baby doll! i LOVE the lyrics on your name! Fiona Apple <3
    xx

13. x BrokenBabydoll x

Let's face it....Fiona Apple kinda rules :) Day 4, i've only just woken up so not too hard at the moment, shall see how the rest of the day goes! This is the longest i've stopped for a while now! :) How's everyone else? xx

14. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for joining the cause you guys, i hope everything goes well! Keep me posted ^_^

15. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

as a recovering/recovered self harmer -- i think this is a wonderful idea. i am in a strong enough place to be able to go months without self harming now, but even so afterwards i am going to look for a marker pen, just as a reminder of how far i've come. =)

16. x BrokenBabydoll x

How's your butterfly attempt going Kit-Kat? Day 5, butterfly's finally fading but I still haven't given in! I think I just work really well with visual challenges, like something I can see. Hope everyone else is okay :) x

17. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

I hope that i'm doing okay, there have been a couple close calls, but she is still there, and i've been redrawing her with markers every day, just so i can't say "well it's almost gone there's no difference now" I'm so glad you're doing so good, Khloe :biggrin:

18. kizzybaby

heehee! i used eyeliner and gel pens, but painted over it with a thin layer of clear nail varnish. try that? or my friend used a sharpie. xx

19. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

well, I hope this works for you guys... Myself i've tried it and it hasn't worked but all the best of luck and I hope you succeed.

:groupwave:​

20. barto

barto Well-Known Member

This is a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing it with us :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.