by the Grace of God I've survived

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by youRprecious!, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

suicide, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar....... Nothing special about me, just a determination to keep going no matter what. Think I have some answers, mostly to do with self-awareness and awareness in general about reality.
    This might be too deep for a first post - sorry, 2nd post. I wrote one yesterday but cannot find where it is - just getting to know my way around the site, I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Am here to befriend, never to betray or belittle or bemoan, been through too much for anything negative like that. Will talk with anyone who's just trying to make sense of it all and who needs a friend.:semi-twins:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi nice to have you here hun glad you did survive and know that if you need any support at all we are here to help you too hugs

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hey there! I'm glad you joined SF. If you need anything at all feel free to PM me anytime x :hug:

4. Descendant

Descendant Account Closed

Hi Precious, good to see someone who wants to lend a hand to anyone; I don't think this place can ever have enough people like you. I think you've already inspired some determination in me. :tongue:

5. letty

letty Banned Member

hi urprecious , you can PM me any time.good to have you here.

6. youRprecious!

That is SIMPLY AWESOME Des! :biggrin: Encouragement - is what everyone needs, and it is always there to be had - even when we cannot believe it :aussie: (Not quite an Aussie, but they don't have a Kiwi flag waver :biggrin:)

7. youRprecious!

Thankyou letty, L-Ove and T.E. too

8. letty

letty Banned Member

Your welcome:peaceful:

9. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Welcome, and in case you haven't guessed by now, you've wound up in a caring community that tries to help each other, with emotional support and encouragement. I think we're pretty low on the negativity, we try to be compassionate, but someone may post almost anything they wish, within the FAQ.

I think you'll fit right in.

10. youRprecious!

I hope so too Lefty :smile:

11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Your title remind me of my favorite song, "Amazing Grace"...I do know how that feels and would welcome a conversation...please take as you give, as it is the best way to keep for yourself what you need.

12. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Nice to meet you....anytime you would like some support (or encouragement), please feel welcome to let others here try to help hold you up. :hug:

13. Descendant

Descendant Account Closed

That's a good bit of advice, thanks for sharing - I think I should learn to follow it.

14. youRprecious!

Very pleased to meet you Sadeyes - I like your "hoping to be set free through forgiveness" - I think that's exactly where it's at! I love talking about it - how best to have our conversation? In PMs or for the world to see? I don't mind either way, up to you.

I like your "pleae take as you give, etc." - that is also very true.

The best thing about Grace is that it is totally undeserved. Otherwise it would not be free. We cannot earn what has already been given, and I find there are so many (including myself for very many years, and still today because old mental habits die hard) who cannot get their head around it - but I think I'm getting better because of stuff that I've been through, and have, by grace (lol!) managed to learn a little from it.

15. youRprecious!

Thank you Speedy - I just love your signature!....... I can relate to it only too well......... I tried to set about changing some stuff and did too much, which ended up in my suicide. But...... here I am! Maybe Calvin is looking down and approving:hamtaro: I'd like to think he's my cheerleader, lol!

16. glenne2000

glenne2000 Member

urPrecious, welcome to the site and though I'm new here too, I find the kind folk here to be very supportive. I hope you are in a 'good place,' and your enthusiasm has brightened my day. Thank you. Glenn

17. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Honestly, I have been very humbled by what I have gone through...I have always thought there were gifts from tragedy, if you live long and wise enough to find them...I am still looking, I must admit! And forgiveness, the process of getting something for yourself, that is probably the most difficult thing to give...again, another work in process

And Desc, I truly believe that you never give away more than you have.

18. youRprecious!

:sf:

I am in a place that is getting better and brighter......... it is also good (compared to 15 years ago)..........thank you Glenn. [We are both of the "slightly older category" here, I think!]

19. youRprecious!

That is such a comfort, .."gifts from tragedy". I thank God for them - for they are surely there.......... and the being humbled is the best, I reckon for "God gives grace to the humble, but the proud he knows from afar" -

20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you chose to join our community. Out seems like you are a very determined spirit. I really am glad you are fighting through your issues with such a will to survive. Many people would give up and lose hope when they didn't need to. Hopefully you are able to both give and receive support here. It is a great place to call home :) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.