by Yeshua

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudut

eleven eleven ~ by Yeshua

Never despair, never despond. Be just a channel of helpfulness for others.
Have more sympathy. Feel more tenderness towards others. Your lives shall not be all care. Gold does not stay
in the crucible - only until it is refined. Already i haer the music and marching of the unseen host, rejoicing at your
victory.
No follower of Mine would ever err or fall, if once the veil were withdrawn which prevents him seeing how these slips
delight the evil spirits, and the pain and disappointment of those who long for him to conquer in My strength (10:44)
and Name, and the ectasy of rejoicing when victory is won. My Strength is the same as that which I conquered Satan
in the wilderness - depression and sorrow in the garden, and even death on Calvary. Think of that.

sudut

Mighty and Marvelous ~ by Yeshua

Glad indeed are the Souls with whom I walk. Walking with Me is security. The coming of My Spirit into a life, and its
working are imperceptible, but the results are mighty. Learn of Me. Kill the self. Every blow to self is used to shape
the real, eternal and imperishable you. Be very candid and rigorous with yourselves. "Did self prompt that?" and if it
oust it all costs.
When I died on the cross, i died embodying all the human self. Once that was crucified, i could conquer even death.
When I bore your sins in My own body on the Tree I bore the self-human nature of the world. As you too kill self, you gain
the overwhelming power I realeased for a weary world, and you too will be victorious.

sudut

Relax, have no fear, do not get tense. All is for the best. How can you fear change when your life is hid with Me in God,
who changeth not, and I am the same, yesterday, today and forever more.

You must learn poise, soul balance and poise, in a vacilitating, changing world. claim My power. The same power with which
i cast out devils is yours today. Use it. If not, i withdraw it. Use it ceaselessly.
You cannot ask too much. Never think you are too busy. As long as you get back to Me and replenish after each task, no work
can be too much. My joy I give you. Live in it. Bathe your spirit in it. Reflect it.

sudut

It is not life and its difficutlties you have to conquer, only the self in you. As I said to My disciples, " I have many
things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." you could not understand them. But as you go on obeying Me and
walking with Me, and listening to Me, you will, and then you will see how glorious, how marvelous My revelations are,
and My teachings. (11:07)

aki

I'm just sick of religious people registering purely to try and convert other members. A lot of them don't even want to help, they just type a load of meaningless bible quotes and tell us we're going to hell.

I don't see how it's any different from advertising.

I don't think this member has signed up with the intention to purely convert members to religion - granted, we have had them in the past, but sudut isn't one of them, IMO. These quotes are not saying that we'll go to hell if we don't convert to religion, more giving us a bit of relaxation and the knowledge that, if we believe in God, that someone is there for us. If you believe, then good, if not - then don't get riled by it.
These quotes are quite inspirational IMO - and I'm not religious either.

If these threads irritate you, then don't read them - all we can suggest, really..

F

FoundAndLost1

I don't think this member has signed up with the intention to purely convert members to religion - granted, we have had them in the past, but sudut isn't one of them, IMO. These quotes are not saying that we'll go to hell if we don't convert to religion, more giving us a bit of relaxation and the knowledge that, if we believe in God, that someone is there for us. If you believe, then good, if not - then don't get riled by it.
These quotes are quite inspirational IMO - and I'm not religious either.

If these threads irritate you, then don't read them - all we can suggest, really..
Well, if your "IMO" attitude grants you the right to show and execute favoritism, maybe you're in the wrong position (imo). I would have conceded to the notion that the OP might have requested that you do this, but since it wasn't his idea, I really must ask... Don't you have anything better to do? :huh:

Nevermind that what you (IYO) personally consider 'inspirational' may well outrightly disgust the better part of the viewers - again, objectivity is not your long suit...and this is a seeming misuse of you 'privileges' as a moderator.

Besides...the OP could just as well keep his own thread alive instead of choosing to make random posts. (although I'm glad to see that they now post in this section, instead of inappropriate ones - gud thing)

BTW - is that "...WE can suggest" like the Queen's "we" or are you taking it upon yourself to speak for everyone??

Last edited:
Well, if your "IMO" attitude grants you the right to show and execute favoritism, maybe you're in the wrong position (imo). I would have conceded to the notion that the OP might have requested that you do this, but since it wasn't his idea, I really must ask... Don't you have anything better to do? :huh:
What exactly do you define as 'favouritism' ? Not banning somebody because one member thinks that they're just spamming? We're here for the good of all the members, not just a select few. My 'IMO attitude' is exactly that - my own opinion. There were four threads originally, each containing one post by the OP, and as they were all by Yeshua, it made perfect sense to group them altogether. Indeed, the OP has PM'd me his thanks for doing that. What do you constitute as something 'better to do' ?

Nevermind that what you (IYO) personally consider 'inspirational' may well outrightly disgust the better part of the viewers - again, objectivity is not your long suit...and this is a seeming misuse of you 'privileges' as a moderator.
How exactly am I abusing my priveleges here? I'm simply grouping four posts here, so they all merge into one thread and are easier to read. If I was to delete all the threads in the Soap Box for example, or ban innocent members for no reason, then that would be abusing my privileges.
If there are many complaints about this thread, then the staff will have a discussion about it, but as there's only been one so far by weirdo_ripper - and you're not actively complaining about the thread, merely my moderating abilities, then I'm content to let this thread run as it is.

Besides...the OP could just as well keep his own thread alive instead of choosing to make random posts. (although I'm glad to see that they now post in this section, instead of inappropriate ones - gud thing)

BTW - is that "...WE can suggest" like the Queen's "we" or are you taking it upon yourself to speak for everyone??
So, essentially, you're complaining that the OP has posted these posts, just because you don't agree with them? There is nothing wrong whatsoever with these posts - they're not insulting, don't break any rules at all. This is a thread of the OP, so let him go with it.

The 'we' is the voice of the staff. As we work as a team on this forum, one staff member's voice is the voice of the whole staff.

ari

Staff Alumni
"We" is the staff.....Meaning that we talk "occasionally" about what would be appropriate when and where.

Sometimes it may seem like we have nothing better to do than to take care of this site. "We" take care of the site because "We" care about everyone here. "We" care because we have all been in the same spot at one time or another, or even now still.

This site is very diverse, as is the staff also. We are one part of a whole.

ari

F

FoundAndLost1

What exactly do you define as 'favouritism' ? Not banning somebody because one member thinks that they're just spamming? We're here for the good of all the members, not just a select few. My 'IMO attitude' is exactly that - my own opinion. There were four threads originally, each containing one post by the OP, and as they were all by Yeshua, it made perfect sense to group them altogether. Indeed, the OP has PM'd me his thanks for doing that. What do you constitute as something 'better to do' ?

How exactly am I abusing my priveleges here? I'm simply grouping four posts here, so they all merge into one thread and are easier to read. If I was to delete all the threads in the Soap Box for example, or ban innocent members for no reason, then that would be abusing my privileges.
If there are many complaints about this thread, then the staff will have a discussion about it, but as there's only been one so far by weirdo_ripper - and you're not actively complaining about the thread, merely my moderating abilities, then I'm content to let this thread run as it is.

So, essentially, you're complaining that the OP has posted these posts, just because you don't agree with them? There is nothing wrong whatsoever with these posts - they're not insulting, don't break any rules at all. This is a thread of the OP, so let him go with it.

The 'we' is the voice of the staff. As we work as a team on this forum, one staff member's voice is the voice of the whole staff.
I in no way complained about the OP making several posts, In fact, I'd mentioned that I was glad that they'd finally decided to post within an appropriate section - as their posts Re: this subject matter had consistently been moved previously, due to their inability (or unwillingness) to grasp that it would inevitably end up here anyway.

And whether I agree with them or not is utterly immaterial - that was not my point at all - but because you deemed them 'inspirational' (biased, I'd say), took it upon yourself to merge the threads (which I perceive as favouritism). I also said that the OP could well have taken this upon himself - to make the effort to keep his own thread alive. But because you deemed them "worthy", took the time which I can only assume would be better spent elsewhere in this vast forum, with many other far more important issues. But the OP's have been singled out (whereas I have yet to see anyone else arbitrarily "decide" to merge threads, unless it were a request by an OP).

Nor did I at ALL mention or infer banning anyone, or deleting 'disagreeable/controversial' posts (I honestly don't know where you got that notion, unless it were for rhetorical effect). In the context of this forum, and perhaps especially Re: the Soap Box, it is not 'gross' misuse, but misuse nevertheless of your abilities - and I find objectivity/impartiality (which I would deem necessary for such a position) lacking in this regard.

As for the "we", I understand & appreciate your jobs are challenging & trying at times, given the nature of this forum, and the seeming unity of the staff needs be apparent. However, to suggest that "we" recommend not reading controversial posts is rather a moot and futile point - and again, perhaps especially Re: The Soap Box (nor have I yet seen you point this out regarding other posts - which again implies that you seem partial to this particular thread).

I do not believe I'm the only one who feels this way - as someone else has already shortly thereafter replied with a succinct ":dry:" You may of course "defend/justify" yourself however you wish, but the 'appearance' of your lack of impartiality remains...

ari

Staff Alumni
The reason for merging is not for favortism but to try and clean up the site
ari

edited to add....I and every staff person that I know tries to be as impartial as we can be.....To Err is human...and we are human.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us
ari

I in no way complained about the OP making several posts, In fact, I'd mentioned that I was glad that they'd finally decided to post within an appropriate section - as their posts Re: this subject matter had consistently been moved previously, due to their inability (or unwillingness) to grasp that it would inevitably end up here anyway.
Okey dokey.

And whether I agree with them or not is utterly immaterial - that was not my point at all - but because you deemed them 'inspirational' (biased, I'd say), took it upon yourself to merge the threads (which I perceive as favouritism).
No, if you look, I posted that I'd merged the threads before I commented on them, which is the way it went - I noticed that all the threads were about, or contained references to Yeshua, hence they were merged. Only then did I choose to read them. To be honest, as Ari has said, it wasn't 'favouritism' or anything of the sort, merely an attempt to clean up the forum and keep it tidy.

I also said that the OP could well have taken this upon himself - to make the effort to keep his own thread alive. But because you deemed them "worthy", took the time which I can only assume would be better spent elsewhere in this vast forum, with many other far more important issues. But the OP's have been singled out (whereas I have yet to see anyone else arbitrarily "decide" to merge threads, unless it were a request by an OP).
So, you're complaining that I'm using my own time to help someone, when I could be supposedly using it to help out elsewhere on the forum? You've put important in italics - just because this doesn't seem important to you, doesn't mean that it isn't to the OP. As I've said, the sole reason I merged the threads in the first place, is that I was keeping the place tidy. I edit out methods as I come across them, if the posts haven't been reported, likewise, I do odd-jobs around the forum, such as thread merging if certain threads are similar, such as these which are - when I come across them too.

Nor did I at ALL mention or infer banning anyone, or deleting 'disagreeable/controversial' posts (I honestly don't know where you got that notion, unless it were for rhetorical effect). In the context of this forum, and perhaps especially Re: the Soap Box, it is not 'gross' misuse, but misuse nevertheless of your abilities - and I find objectivity/impartiality (which I would deem necessary for such a position) lacking in this regard.
In my mind, there's no issue of a lack of objectivity/impartiality here, merely me attempting to (as I and Ari have said now, four times), keep the place tidy, and also help the OP out in keeping his threads together. While it may have been (in your eyes) lacking in this regard, I'd personally much rather it be lacking in this instance, rather than say, with a thread in the Suicide section, which I kept open too long, or left methods in, and caused a member harm.

As for the "we", I understand & appreciate your jobs are challenging & trying at times, given the nature of this forum, and the seeming unity of the staff needs be apparent. However, to suggest that "we" recommend not reading controversial posts is rather a moot and futile point - and again, perhaps especially Re: The Soap Box (nor have I yet seen you point this out regarding other posts - which again implies that you seem partial to this particular thread).
We came to a decision as staff, some time ago, as members were complaining that XYZ threads triggered / upset them, that while we were there to keep the forum safe, there is only so much we can do. The onus, after we've done all we practically can to make members aware of what's in the thread - by putting warnings in the title etc (eg - *language* or *trigger*), is on the member to make sure they don't get triggered (etc) by it. Simply because I haven't mentioned it before, does not mean that I am partial to this thread - far from it. I struggle to see where you got this 'partialness' of mine about this thread from - I simply merged four posts together - nothing more, nothing less.

I do not believe I'm the only one who feels this way - as someone else has already shortly thereafter replied with a succinct ":dry:" You may of course "defend/justify" yourself however you wish, but the 'appearance' of your lack of impartiality remains...
In which case, we're going to have to disagree on what 'lack of impartiality' is defined as. Seeing as this thread has basically been hijacked by this debate, I'd ask for any complaints from anyone, to be put in the LtM forum from now on, rather than it taking up pages of a perfectly good rule-abiding thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00