C.A.T Therapy

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by princessofelegance, Sep 24, 2016.

1. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

I've begun my 2nd half of C.A.T therapy with my therapist last week. It went okay, after stopping for 8 weeks because I went into a psychiatric hospital after becoming extremely unwell because of the first half of C.A.T.
    I'm finding it hard managing my emotional intensity and flashbacks after each session. I become really angry and aggressive and defensive and generally turn into a really rubbish person. I was shown the tapping method by my therapist in my last session which seemed to snap me out of the dark dark place I'd gotten into through talking. But now at home I feel so alone with my thoughts and feelings and I feel as if I'm losing control again. Mood wise I feel fairly okay, I don't feel too down or desperate. I just feel very confused and out of control. I feel like my PTSD and EID are controlling me right now not the other way around.

Anyone have an advice on methods in which to deal with fall out from therapy sessions?

2. twinklil

twinklil Well-Known Member

Dear Princessofelegance,
    You said that the tapping method helped you in your last session. Just wondered if that is somehting you may be able to do at home too to help you get through this intense feelings and thoughts you are having right now? As therapy when reinforced when we are in control ourselves is a way of gaining back control in the now that was taken from us in the past. The fall out from therapy sessions is challenging and for me I would sometimes journal my thoughts and then take them back to my therapist in the next session and say look this is what came up for me after therapy last time - could you help me (therapist) to work through this stuff and help me to develop some more coping strategies so that there will be less fall out in future. Just an idea. take care of yourself.