Cable leak

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by aoeu, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this isn't up yet... Short of it: 250,000 diplomatic cables between US ambassadors have been leaked by WikiLeaks (yay for WikiLeaks!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_diplomatic_cables_leak

It includes all sorts of really interesting data, and will probably lead to some very interesting diplomatic reactions... This should be an interesting next few months.

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

This is the world's largest leak overcoming the record from before, also held by wikileaks, for the Iraq war logs.

Julian Assange, the founder of wikileaks, is under investigation and many allegations by many countries up to an including movements to classify him as a terrorist.

3. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

why are they called "cables"?

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think these were used by diplomats for much longer than the rest of us because it was a recorded written message as opposed to the verbal telephone call, and then it just became the general term for diplomatic communication.

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

From the origin of these quick, brief messages: the telegraph. They came through a wire/cable and so, as people say 'phone me' it became common to call it a wire or cable.

6. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

oh, k , thx , did not know this
    was imagining its about communication, but my mind only got me to under sea internet cables and it did not sound right XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

i dont know much about the issues involved, but I think that in order for a world or country or society to change, it needs all the little systems to be brought up into the spotlight, and the people working in those systems to re-define their moral and ethical practices and stances. I dont think a leader changes a society, I think the people change it.

Hope this goes ok, and some progress is made... and most importantly no soliders or agents or active missions are put into jepordy.

Waay over my head though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.