Cafe Black Friday Nov. 25th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today???? got some sleep finally somehow..john with katie now.. she supposed to keep him till noon today.. miss him some for sure..

not much got to do today.. eat, medicate and not a whole bunch more.. not going to shop again today. not even on amazon.. do not need anything more is the truth now..

feeling tired atm.. back to couch now.. you take care out there, Jim

alison krauss and gravity
  2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Morning jim and all at sf. I had to google Black Friday lol it's not a very pleasant term really,on my results it said the term originated as follows:
    JANUARY 1966 -- "Black Friday" is the name which the Philadelphia Police Department has given to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day. It is not a term of endearment to them. "Black Friday" officially opens the Christmas shopping season in center city, and it usually brings massive traffic jams and over-crowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing.
    That sounds a bit like boxing day here in the uk,the kind of day that I will not venture out from the house :-(
  3. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Yeah lol thats a black friday for you. shopping p the ass. xD

Good afternoon everyone. wont be around that much. sam and I have to babysit today from 2-12. but i might pop on every once in a while to see whats up. :p hope all have a nice day and some people get some nice deals.
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good morning,

I was awoken earlier by my landlord calling me and knocking on my door. I was half asleep so didn't answer. They came in anyway. I guess in the process of a toilet replacement upstairs they ran into a snag and had to shut off the water. The only way to get to the water valve is through my apartment. Not pleased about that, but I understand. There would have been flooding if they hadn't.

I guess I'll have to shower at work this afternoon. Those showers creep me out.

Not a good start to the day, to be sure. :grr:
  5. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

It isn't pleasant at all, Mark. There are horror stories of people being trampled, fights happening in Wal Mart, lines forming outside stores going into the parking lot at 3am. And what makes the "horror stories" is that they're all true. I tried venturing into it last year and decided that it wasn't for me. The "deals" really aren't worth the traffic jams, or the literally being shoved aside when you're trying to grab something, or the rudeness endured from customers who are trying to grab the last item on the shelf. It's horrible. Needless to say, I slept through it. Didn't get in last night until 1am. Dinner lasted longer than it should have. Got to sleep at about 4am after finishing an article. I've been free-lance writing. It will get the bills paid, at least. Today is a lazy day. I will probably have some pie and then proceed to sit on my bed all day.
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

john just got back home and in good shape.. mail brought everything was waiting on.. invoice for care i provide john . sears card bill.. check from mortgage company with grandma's farm.. american gigolo dvd from private seller.. all got here to day and can stop worrying now..

off to do john's noon pills.. then to watch american is going well and just going to try to enjoy it.. Jim
  7. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Babysitting these kids is a nightmare. >.< just mopped the floor and the girl walked all over my floor. >.< *sigh*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.