Cafe Friday 1st March

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Theodora, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Mornin' all, I'm still sorting things out. Whilst waiting for my taxi to airport did a load of washing, tried to open door too soon and it locked. This morning went to do a load and remembered problem. It hadn't self cured with time so trying on a short spin. Do not want to have to cope with repairs, warranty etc. Jim, take care of yourself, hugs to you and Johny. Mr Stewart hope you've recovered from the bad day at work. Have a big hug. Acy, take very good care of yourself. Lunartic, glad to see you, I've missed hearing from you. One of the letters waiting on my mat I haven't opened yet as I know it's bad news and I'm not up to that. There was a sheaf from tax man which I assumed was bad news but bit the bullet late last night and opened. The Inland Revenue took too much last year, owe me money and sent a cheque!
    Have as good a day as possible all visitors,

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi theo... welcome home and back.. good luck with all the concerns and stuff you talk about here..

back and ribs and stuff suddenly decided after being on hurt list for 3 weeks, to suddenly ease up and doing ok.. last night I laid in my old sloth sprawl on couch for first time in too long a time. felt good..lol still have to be a little careful sometimes but doing better.. thank you lord..

little bit when bank has done it's daily online processing I will check to see if me and zoomies SSA checks made it into the accounts???? if yes and here I am going to transfer a good chunk of money into money market savings account. I really controlled the dvd, iTunes and electrical new gadgets spending a heck of a lot last month. good going jimbo..lol

johnny and I need shaves, baths and clean clothes today... hopefully Katie will take john tonight...if get inspired we will do grocery shopping at safeway.. if not today, then tomorrow morning all on my own..

I am in sort of a mellow mood now. music, coffee and Marlboros. good place and need nothing else now.. hope is a good day for you also. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

bonnie tyler and total eclipse of the heart....

3. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

Good day!
    I hope your day will be good Theodora! And I'm glad your ribs are ok, jim!
    I'm hoping for a good weekend and that I'll be well enough to join a birthday party. Will be so good to see the people again. Very tired now though..

Take care everyone.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

A quick good day to all!

Appointment today and groceries to get. Not much on my plate today. Star has been fed and I'm sipping on my coffee!

Welcome back Theo! I hope you are rested and refreshed!
    Jimk, so glad your ribs and back allowed you back on the couch!
    Senada, I hope you get to the birthday party and have a good time!

Have Fab Friday! Yay! Weekend!

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Was finally able to get some good sleep; no laughing! Yay! Just resting today. Gotta print something out regarding my training today, so I don't forget. (It's to help me analyse my games)

Tommy Tom and I are veggin pretty much for the day.

We'll see how things go today. Talk soon!

Tommy Tom says Heyroo! *nuzzles to Acy and Star*

-Jason and Tommy Tom

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Senada hope you are able to make it to birthday bash a\nd is good for everyone.. acy ,, hope appointment and shopping goes good.. Jason, best wishes in becoming a chess master and hope you take a break today and vegging some is good..

been awake almost 12 hours and is not even 11 am yet.. at least 9 hours more till I can take meds and go to bed after johnny goes with Katie... we got to safeway and bought most everything was a possibility that we might need and use.. jane the checker and I had a good conversation at her counter.. got 2 tbone steaks and some cut white mushrooms and fast food frozen fries along with a cheap bottle of champagne which we are going to have for dinner tomorrow night.. we do steaks maybe twice a year so hope I get dinner right tomorrow.. also got fixings for BLT sandwiches in a couple of days;. think I can pull that off for the two of us..

got home and we did shaves, baths and clean clothes for both of us.. I am starting to fade.. time to fire up mr coffee......

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

i was going to write something but now i've forgotten what it was. until tomorrow.

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Saturday March 2nd...

good morning out there.. how you doing today???? john with momma tonight.. Katie having lots of worry and troubles lately.. hope she can hold on.. also hope her and johnny sleeping peacefully tonight... I got a little sleep so far.. got to try for more soon tonight.. I need it badly.. got something I really have to do today tween 1pm and maybe 2:30.. make it thru that am hoping then I can pull it together enuf to do steak , muschrooms, fries dinner with johnny tonight.. will see how I am doing about 3pm???

got to avoid loading up on coffee now.. do not need wired for action state atm.. think going to put complete Clapton cd into playstation 3 in just a minute.. Clapton and page two of the greatest rock electric guitar players of all time. maybe some zeppelin also tonight.

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I

Kelly Clarkson and stronger.....

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: Cafe Saturday March 2nd...

Hi Jim im up early 5 am not tired now wiating for people to get up need a coffee though take care of you Jim

10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Phone and Internet service out until Monday or Tuesday..using wireless iPad now..will not be around much for awhile..

11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

we will miss you Jim...thanks for letting us know...and try to get some rest both of you

12. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo pplz!

Woke up early this morning to no laughing. Thank heavens! Managed to get back to sleep. I'm awake now, but I will need a nap sometime today.

Going to try to relax and not do chess problems today. I need to take a week off, and not worry about anything about it. I should start playing actual games during the week. Again, I'm studying theory... and I can only do that for so long. Need to apply it.

Anyway, I am tired. I hate waking up so early, but alas my body thinks differently.

Tommy Tom says 'Heyroo!' from the window sunning!

We are off! Have a good day everyone!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

13. Theodora

Take care of yourself Jim. I've spent day duvet diving. Had a bad night and sleeping is a great escape. Trying to work myself up to getting things done rather than putting them off.

14. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

today is first day I have felt sort of back to normal energy level after influenza adventures this week. need to catch up on house cleaning i skipped.

15. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

So this is a late reply, but hi all!! It's been an interesting day. Am having to lea new sprogram, and it's proving to be exciting and challenging all at the same time. It's like learning my way around the Internet all over again.

Hope you all have had a good one. Jim, it REALLY sucks about your phone and Net! I hope it gets fixed sooner than you expect.

16. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday march 3rd

Hi good ppl.. How you doing today??? Got some sleep already.. On iPad as still do not have phone and Internet.. Could be much worse if had no power or tv!!! Careful there Jimbo. Lol

Had not taken Tylenol for couple of days.. Just took one again though..ribs and back doing a ton better now..Johnny and I did not do steak and trimmings yesterday.. Maybe dinner tonight.. Would like to watch bluray of film the master today.. Not even going to attempt much more..

Got to remember to turn on cell tomorrow so can verify to phone company I am going to be here for attempted repair.. Back to ms Streisand. Now on iPad..

Hope is a good day for you..TC, Jim and john

17. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Re: Cafe Sunday march 3rd

Yay, first comment!
    (never did see the point in why people posted that nonsense...)

um... how can you be using an IPad, if you have no internet service...?

18. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Welcome Leif.. Easy answer now..have no phone, no dsl or wifi service to net but both my iPads also have wireless 4g service like a cell phone!!!

19. Theodora

Morning, hope you get services restored Jim. I can now see the point of 4G. I'm still loafing in bed. Sun is shining but too cold for me outside.

20. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi theo and good morning to you..sometimes just pulling the covers up in a warm bed is good and safe hon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.