Cafe Friday February 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Theodora, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Morning' all, first boob of the day so far was starting this thread or so I thought three hours ago only to learn a few minutes ago I hadn't pressed the right button or something.
    Acy, hope your Dad's appointment with doc went smoothly. Lightbeam, hope you got to the bank. Thank you again for "jelly doughnut". Mr Stewart do you only drink tea? I'm a Lapsang Souchong lady myself.
    Jim, have you ever tried e-cigarettes? I did years ago after finding sucking a dummy (pacifier in USA?) in private cut down amount I smoked. That type e-cig no good to me but newer type with vapour is. I have not given up, am just not smoking at the moment.
    Cosset yourselves everybody, Theo
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi there theo.. morning hon.. think still morning in UK for you now.. not ever tried the E-cig route yet.. thinking is not going to get the nicotine jolt from that which is what I crave.. in few days when I run out will talk to nahawand up at 711 about that route though. maybe better to talk to her other half ziad cause is a smoker who hates the damn habit also.. tried just about everything to kick it himself..

checked our social security checks were deposited already.. balanced register against online balance and atm all is good.. got to withhold johnny's Depakote this morning until can get him over to clinic to have blood drawn first.. hope all the other fasting poors souls not too many ahead of us.. depending upon how that goes maybe after we dash off to safeway and buy just about everything in the frigging store.. low on many items now..

had a tinkle break quickly during the night and went back to bed until 2am.. taking a long while to thaw out and actually be awake this morning.. no rush I guess now.

hope is a good day for all.. tc, Jim and John

stones and paint it black....
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, all!

Star nipped my nose and eyebrows before 6 a.m., so got up and fed her. SIpping on my coffee now and feeling a little more awake. Appointment with Dad was OK. He's slowing down a little more, but nothing unexpected. Today I have an appointment, and after that I need to pick up some groceries that are on special this week.

Theo, good to hear that you've had some success with the e-cigarette. I have another friend who has just started using that and she is also finding it helps. :)

So, jimk, it sounds like the e-cig might offer some help to you and I'm glad you will check into it. I must admit that I wonder about the lack of the nicotine hit, too, but at least it soothes the behavioral part of the habit. *dunno* Fasting blood tests - poor Johnny! I hope that goes well for you guys!

Have a happy Friday, everyone! *dances with Star*
  4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

heyroo all.

Awake early today, since I went bed at 8:45 last night. I keep on having to move my med time forward, because I seem to be getting less and less benefit from them. I keep on being amazed at just how sick I am getting.

I am scared half to death of my review in December. I fear that the govt is going to kick me off, because my appts with my doc are every three months, and I have 'stabilized' on my meds. I've been on the same ones for a couple of years now.

My fears are spurred by the voices. They keep telling me that I will need to get a job this December, because I won't get SSDI again. That I am a fat, lazy, benign person. That I can't qualify again, because someone else needs the benefits more than I do.

I'm such a loser.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  5. Theodora

Glad you popped in Lightbeam. I always worry that I'm the kiss of death to a thread. Have P.Md you. I may be the new kid, okay old bat, on the block but *I'm* the big, fat, lazy person in this cafe. I've been a little fragile today at times but as Sondheim wrote "I'm Still Here" Note to Jimk, don't worry, don't like that particular song just that the title keeps coming into my head. I saw the first full production of Follies in London in the 80s. There'd only been a concert performance in America.
  6. lightbeam

Speaking of which... the production of Phantom of the Opera is in it's 25 year! Crazy. Imagine playing the same role for 25 years. Insane.

You are not the kiss of death to a thread. When I forget to take my meds, I usually stay up to create the Cafe thread. Don't worry yourself about it.

Thanks for the PM.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

got the stuff I wanted to get to done.. yeah... acy hope apt of yours went good today... Jason do not throw yourself into more of a panic state.. first talk to your psych professional and ask for an assessment of your mental health now with the possibility of getting thrown off or not of SSI disability the punch line.. sir I love you and your voices that attack you all the time and the mental health issues you have mentioned in the café do lead me to the point that I think you will not be thrown off anytime soon.. no dispersions upon you just what I believe to be the truth sir..

Theo you are a spark lately in the café.. fresh blood and thoughts.. we needed that sides I do not miss trying to start this thread when I was still half take care out there.. please..

got to laboratory with johnny and got blood draw done by our favorite lab tech. she a darling.. then off to safeway and got everything I wanted just from memory except the dozen eggs.. will get to that got papers looked at and sorted and bank statements checked.. just did baths and clean clothes for me and zoomies..

now going to find a good movie to attach to for couple of hours. right after the genesis cd I burned ages ago is done playing..

genesis jesus he knows me....
  8. lightbeam

My pdoc told me in our last appt that the SSDI people have to determine by the evidence before them if it would be better for me to remain on SSDI, or if I would make further progress by being a productive member of society (working). He feels that I am not ready for the stress of working. Not to mention he is concerned that I am getting worse actually, because of our appointments. I usually go in with shadows that threaten t0 kill him, and have me watch. I become apathetic during our meetings. I just don't think I'm being listened to.

He doesn't know about the shadows. I am just going to get so apathetic, that it will trigger a psychotic episode possibly. One of these days, I am going to snap, and tell them to kill him. I am just about there... I truly am ill. How I can go to work beyond 2008 (the year of my last mental breakdown/psychotic episode, that spurred continued psychotic issues up to now.) is beyond me. I am going to be 'under the weather' for the rest of my life.

But yet, I have a government entity that may possibly say that I am able to work. And I'm nowhere near ready. I hate therapists. They all have their theories and work to back them up. 'Well, how do you feel about that Mr Jason?' 'I want you to leave me alone. I don't need you filling my head with psychobabble.'
  9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Afternoon coffee forums,

No, I'm a big fan of coffee. Just do tea in the late afternoon/evening because caffeine late in the day screws up my sleep schedule.
  10. Theodora

Cafe Saturday 2nd February

Mornin' all,
    Jim, only semi-comatose when you start this? Uh, that's nothing. I've needed a huge mug of ultra strong fair trade Kenyan and been awake an hour and a half.
    Lightbeam, medical reviews are 'unprintable'. I've never seen Phantom. Or Les Mis. Do have a lovely little crystal and silver cream jug which belonged to Victor Hugo. One of my umpteenth gt. gt grandfathers was born in the Channel Islands when Hugo was in exile there.
    Mr Stewart, I have to severely restrict my coffee coz so sensitive to it. Tried to go completely without but need the kickstart.
    Acy and all visitors, hi and keep visiting. Consider posting. Just "hi" or " the coffee here is ****"is fine because underneath the surface I'm a sensitive soul and desperate for encouragement.

Yesterday was very up and down. Back in tears on receipt of e-mail from gt nephews university. Just getting it before reading. Will never know for sure but from all info available suspect drug overdose whether deliberate or accidental. Reason first learning about it had such an adverse reaction was coz his christening was my last carefree, gloriously happy special occasion / day. I had forgotten or repressed memory that my life had been like that.
  11. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Re: Cafe Saturday 2nd February

Morning out there Theo.. sorry about the bad news and triggering for you.. sometimes????

been awake on and off for hours now.. at point just giving up trying to sleep and am up for hours now.. music, Marlboros and coffee are old friends of mine.. can't think of anything other than medicate nd eat some that really just got to do today..

if can remember that artists that I want and think I need on this cd will try to burn a cd on this new computer using iTunes.. old reliable puter that seems to have met it's end I really do miss you old friend. expecting geek squad telling me soon that costs way too much to replace motherboard and display card and offering me some money to buy a new windows 8 puter from then instead.. windows 8????? que sera, sera..

time to dub dvr recording of realtime with bill maher to vcr now.. love this got kind of a warped mind like my time to head back to couch..

Hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim , john with momma tonight..

genesis and land of confusion...
  12. Theodora

O my sainted Aunt Jemima! Jim if I drank even a fraction of the coffee you do I'd be so wired I'd never sleep. Does anyone else think I sound like a nag?
  13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

nag and you hon is not a true I do drink too much coffee. smoke too many Marlboros and the list is at age 65 odds are these faults and foibles not going to change
  14. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day all,

Enjoying my weekend before another set of nights next week! Looking into private therapists and sending a couple of enquiries off :) Seems very reasonably priced. Will see how it all pans out.
  15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning!

Slept, but not well. Feel very tired even after full coffee allotment for the day. *yawns* Star has been fed and watered but she is hovering. She has been feisty and playful the last couple of days. Loves to pounce on my ankles without warning. If only she would just play tussle, but she actually sinks her teeth in - OW! I swear she thinks I'm a funny looking cat and not a human. Or she is just giving me payback for snuggling her when she'd rather sleep undisturbed. (I loves my little baby cat! :)) Today I must do some housework. Ho-hum. :(

Theodora, I hope your day is good. Your gt. nephew's death is so sad. Tears sound normal. Grief is a process and it does bring up all kinds of memories, thoughts, and feelings. I hope that you can find moments of good during the day today. *hug* On a different note, I am with you on the coffee. I have my 1.45 cups in the morning and that is it for the day! I can't even do cappucino ice cream for dessert at dinner - and I love cappucino ice cream! :(
    Jimk, have fun with the iTunes today! And if you hear from the geek squad, I hope they have good news for you ("We can fix it!) !
    Butterfly, I hope the weekend is restful and fun for you! Glad you are looking into private care therapists - sounds like you're determined to find a good match!

Wishing everyone a fun or at least tolerable Saturday! *group hug*
  16. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Afternoon all.
    Hope you are doing well. I am annoyed this morning as my ex wasted money on ordering the wrong size screen for my laptop, I am slowly adjusting to a missing quarter of my screen. Could be a whole lot worse and broken completely. Absolutely drained recently. Just want to sleep my days away
  17. lightbeam

Heyroo all...

Had a bad night. Had a nightmare. Woke up so sad, and with voices laughing. I can't win for the past couple of days. Makes me wanna cry.

Tommy Tom was cuddling this morning. He must feel so sad with dad not doing well. He gives me as much lovins as he can.

Thank heavens for Tommy Tom, or I would either be in the hospital in the psych unit or dead.

I just cannot win right now. *sigh*
  18. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

finally got back to sleep and caught up finally with some needed sleep.. listening to some good music along with a Marlboro atm just waiting for zoomies go get back home shortly...

Person sorry BF blew it with the ;puter screen size.. hope you can work ok with one you got now..

Jason sorry things so very rough for you lately..

lexi hope the time off work for the weekend goes really good for you..

I am just moving slow now.. that is different.. could get used to this I think????
  19. Theodora

Am in bed,warm, cozy,with my Kindle hoping that I and all the Patrons of the Cafe will "dream good dreams"
  20. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good evening,

had some trouble with sensory overload today. by the time I got home from work I was an agitated mess. now if only upstairs neighbour will stop playing that goddamned piano I will be okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.