Cafe Friday Nov 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how's it going???? john sleeping soundly atm.. I been awake for more than 2 hours already.. just got done after trip to 711 and bummed couple of cigs fron jean at 711.. 2 am started the quit again.. geez, this a very tedious process.. thinking back to bed in a few just to avoid thinking about life without..

social security checks were deposited.. thank goodness.. crazy assed republicans did not get their way..amen... hope john makes it at least till 4am fore he is up and about.. some more of untold history of the united states by oliver stone today.. great film..stone did not pull any ;punches.. the nutso American war machine had their necks stuck way out there for a constant war economy forever up to today..

little more of car driving game again today. just a bit.. restarted my daily diary on main puter yesterday.. time to go there again now..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

willie nelson and on the road again...
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

G'day, everyone! :)

I woke up fairly close to target time, so am happy about that. Have fed Star and had my coffee. I've even started the chores/errands on today's To Do List. Needed to as volunteering at Bingo today is also on the list. Will try to get a few other things done before Bingo, or they get pushed to this evening, after Bingo.

Jimk, sounds like quitting the cigs is a struggle for you, and I wish you well with it. Hope it eases. Enjoy your car game and the history show today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday and a great start to November! :cheer2:
  3. shedhaddock

shedhaddock Banned Member

I have a new coffee cup ..... *places a rather large bucket on the counter* fill it up please :D

I am still having a crappier than crap time and still trying to find that fight in me to survive.
    Im feeling stressed and so ill today :(

Catch up with you all soon i hope

Pinky :flypig:
  4. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good morning all.

With the flip of the calendar page this morning, this episode of depression has lasted ten months. I wish I could see an end in sight, but I just can't. At least not an end that is a good one for me and those who love me. I'm so tired of fighting this. This week has been another one that has been too close to the edge. I haven't gotten to the stage of making a final decision to end things, but I've had a lot of suicidal thoughts and a crisis that was bad enough that my T called me after reading between the lines of a text conversation. We wound up talking almost certainly half hour. Talking with him usually helps me feel a lot better but after we talked, I still felt really rough. My husband and I have an appointment with him tomorrow afternoon. I'm not at all looking forward to it. I've been so withdrawn this week and just am so tired of fighting this. I want to give up the struggle. It isn't that I want to die, it's just that I'm tired of fighting it all the damn time and feeling like I'm not getting any better. For now, I look at the sleeping face of my baby and my eldest's twirling around the living room and my middle daughter's constant cartwheels and forward rolls and I feel my husband's arms around me and the fierce hugs lavished on me by little arms and I choose to live. The problem is that I know what my brain is capable of doing and how close it can take me to the edge and the knowledge makes me wonder how long I will be able to look at them and stay. Something has to change in a big way or I will lose this fight.

So that's where I am now. Wish I had better to say this morning. For now, baby is napping and I'm going to do likewise.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Acy, good luck with the chores and bingo today..

Pinky, my mr coffee is never full enuf to fill the ice bucket of yours.. get a moderate size container and I will offer to fill such..

hi ana.. hope apt with hubby and therapist tomorrow helps all in attendance.. worry about you ana????? tc please

I just passed my 8th hour with out a cigarette.. just going to try to make it thru rest of day and hit the bed smokeless tonight..time will tell????

last of the tshirts for johnny showed up today via UPS.. back to movie with johnny..
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

New pjs for hospital, even though they say nighties...I am NOT a nightie person. :p
    Spent the afternoon leaving everything to Mole and strict instructions on what I expect for the animals, including the name and address of a lady with an aviary who is willing to take the feathered fiends.
    Having got the scary stuff out the way, feet up, glass of wine and no more fretting.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Terry)) best wishes and thoughts for you in upcoming hospital stay.. Hope all goes good and are home soon in better shape...
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hello coffee forums,

you know Terry I briefly entertained the idea of purchasing one of those full length night shirts that extend all the way to the floor that used to be popular i don't know last century sometime or the century before that. I wonder if you can still get them anywhere. They seem like they would be comfortable.
  9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

If I got a Victorian one I could walk about like Miss Haversham lol!
  10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Saturday Nov 2nd

morning out there.. how's it going today???? john with Katie tonight.. slept on and off again for hours now.. just gave up and decided am up not a lot of gotta's today.. would like to get to office depot today and get a calendar and banker box.. try to finish untold history of the united states.. also try to make today a smokeless day..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim
  11. Acy

Re: Cafe Saturday Nov 2nd

Good morning! :)

Woke up, I dislike that feeling LOL! Star has been fed, I've had my coffee (first one) and I still feel tired. Would love to go back to bed, but that doesn't usually help me. I have a few small things to do today, and then I will visit Dad (if not today, then tomorrow). Be good to get to the library today, as well. On my last book and need a new supply. Eeek. I'm a bookworm.

Jimk, good luck with the smokeless day and I hope you get to see the last of the history show! Enjoy!

Wishing everyone a sensational Saturday! :arms:
  12. Mr Stewart

Re: Cafe Saturday Nov 2nd

hi coffee forums,

Another large batch of snow is in process of falling here today. Temperature is hovering right around freezing point so the roads were still sufficiently grippy. No ice. I shall be staying inside warm apartment for the remainder of the day,. Hey new emoticons. :giraffe:
  13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Monday Nov 4th

hi out there.. good morning.. how's it going today??? son johnny sleeping peacefully atm.. zoomies is 37 yrs old today.. we going to celebrate this together all day!!! just finished smoking last cig Marlboro in my possession at 1:30am 11/04/2013... going to try my darndest to not make the 2 minute trip up to 711 for anymore now..

would like us to do safeway and 711 this morning for some necessaries... did finish the oliver stone documentary yesterday. now back to season 2 of justified.. last disc now of that today.. have given up my Pepcid AC heartburn med now.. just an occasional antacid tab instead.. our doc wanted me to switch to Prilosec and after reading possible side effects from htat one and the lab work needed not going there in this lifetime.. will email doc Elizabeth and tell her so today.. my body

think now will sneak quietly past zoomies bedroom door now and try to catch a few more hours of some sleep.. have a good one please today.. Jim and john

Christopher cross and sailing...
  14. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Re: Cafe Monday Nov 4th

Morning all,

Jim, send Zoomies a lot of birthday wishes from me! I hope you both have a good day celebrating!

As for me, just got back from the hospital for my check up. Just feel so tired and achey all the time, just gotta wait for my bloods to come back in a week or so. Got very sore arms as not only had blood tests but had flu and hep b jab in both arms, boooooo!
  15. Acy

Good morning! :)

I slept fairly well, but had dreams about a big cat biting my face...Aha! It was a little kitty kissing me. And then biting my face! Star wanted her breakfast. We're both happy now - she's had food, I've had coffee. Today is a slow day for me. I have to pass the time until my dental appointment in the late afternoon: Part II of the root canal. Oh yay! Will be glad when it's over! Not much else on my plate today.

Jimk, wishing you well with giving up the Marlboros! You could replace them with the old "Popeye" ones - candy (the old packages called them candy cigarettes, but now they're called candy sticks).

Butterfly, I hope your aches and pains go away. Glad you got yourself all checked out and are up to date on tests and shots!

I hope everyone has a great day! :arms:
  16. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good morning, all.

<mod edit - guidelines- note>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  17. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello Ana.. please reach out for some professional help instead.. things can better over time but you need to be alive for that to happen.. ana, you take your own life , your kids and husband are going to be just crushed and lost for a very long time.. please get some help!!! Jim
  18. Mr Stewart

Good afternoon coffee forums,

Happy birthday to John. :happybirthday:

Pretty nice day today. Sunny but snow is still most everywhere and hasn't melted much yet. Pretty.
  19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday Nov 5th

morning good ppl.. how's it going today???? john sleeping well atm.. keep it up for awhile more dear son.. daddy completed his two albums of U2 on ipad #1 and been listening to them too loud for hour or more..

got state checks for me caring for zoomies yesterday.. need to get to bank and deposit fore just down the parking lot to do safeway with johnny littleafter 9am today.. home then put the groceries away and then finish off season two of justified.. amazon orders all over the ;place should show up UPS and USPS.. daddy decide that every major film that was on bluray and did not have yet just had to bloody well have now... they were bargain price and once I got started online I just could not

johnny needs bath and clean clothes to be ready to go with Katie tonight.. will do that after the mail and sudie my carrier shows up.. we just going to try hard to have a good day..

hope is a good one for you also.. tc, Jim and John

U2 and I still haven;'t found what I'm looking for...
  20. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Re: Cafe Tuesday Nov 5th

Good morning Jim and everybody else. Just having a couple beers and playing Mario on the Wii before bed. Trying to adjust to the stress of the new location for my job is kinda difficult. Surprising how different 2 stores can be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.