Cafe Monday April 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today??? I got some sleep and tween the Marlboros ,, music and coffee things okay atm.. going to be done with the cigs about 8am or so. will see how that goes????????

gas station for gas in tank and grass mowing can.. then to bank and put IRS return in safety deposit box and put couple of checks into deposit.. come home and weed eat the front yard.. then fire up mower and attack the son of a gun lawn..

get that all done will be a bit happy... a movie I think then.. except for watering the front grass with hopes that the seeded areas finally start showing some new grass a growin'...

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and jOhn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ZkMUv3_5U

tony Bennett and I left my heart in san Francisco....

2. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Hiya All
    Things are have very 50/50, I missed a call from my crisis team this morning so I had to call them back, they are coming round tomorrow around 10am to check on me and make sure im alright. They are doing this regularly just make sure im coping. Then I spent time on my mac for a while and now im replying to threads online I have a lot of chase ups that have gotta to be done, then for the rest of the day I am not sure what I am up to.

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Morning all. You're welcome to the lawn care Jim. So glad the check arrived. I've got a small one to pay in and keep forgetting. Skinny sweetie, perhaps it's time to listen to the crisis team and concentrate on yourself. You don't *have* to chase people up. The natural reaction to being chased is to run away.
    Fell for the first April Fool within an hour of waking. The first I'm aware of that is:). Often only find out on 2nd. Have a peaceful day fellow Cafe customers

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning!

Not much going on here today...Star and I are having our breakfasts now.

Jimk, good luck with the lawn. I'm glad your check arrived! Enjoy the movie you watch today!
    Skinnylove, it's good that the crisis team is there for you. :hug: I hope you are feeling better soon. :)
    Theodora...That's right - April Fool's Day...I haven't seen any pranks yet, but I'm still just waking up. Have a lovely day. :)

Happy April 1st - I hope everyone finds something fun today!

5. skinnylove911

Yes im finally getting assistance for my mental health now and i realised that I was heading down a path i don't want to go down and wanted to nip it in the bud while I can.

6. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Skinny at least you know the crisis team well. Hope you are still able to go to Mind next week for extra help. After the years you've spent with just your parents to talk to it will be good for you to be with people.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Morning all!!

So my iPhone just successfully identified a jar of applesauce and a box of Granola bars. Now I'm parading around my apartment, taking pictures of objects so it will identify them. Lol this can't be healthy. :p

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

skinnylove.. glad you get some good help from the crisis team.. hope they help you get to a better place for yourself..\

Alison the picture taking is a good and necessary cause for the future.. good luck with not eating all you photograph now hon..lol

I was bordering on the line with dissociating this morning just a bit ago... managed to stay in the here and now and thankful for that fact..

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Dropping by to say Hello.

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning coffee forums,

that's a neat feature for the iPhone to have, WildCherry. Didn't know it could do that.

Hello to gentlelady. :)

I think it's about time to do the spring car cleaning. Pull out the mats and scrub off the salt and gravel accumulated over the winter months. Vacuum, dust and spray on a fresh coat of Armor All.

11. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday April 2nd

good morning out there.. how you doing today???? almost did not start this today.. mind is sort of defunct atm.. johnny sleeping still soundly thank goodness.. I got to get to 711 and safeway today.. not too much more on the gotta list.. thinking in few minutes I am just going to sneak back to bed and get away.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plvBR02wDs

dolly parton and Jolene...

12. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Cafe Tuesday April 2nd

Hope you manage to get a little more rest Jim.

Id the last couple hours of quiet for the day before the house gets loud since kids and wife are on vacation this week. Nice to have the company but cannot help but miss the quiet as well. Guess it is true - as humans we can never be satisfied.

Take care all!

13. skinnylove911

Today has been really good so far my mood is a lot better this morning, I think I am out of crisis situation and things starting to improve, I have my crisis team round this morning, they stayed for a hour and they are really positive that things are starting to look up for me. So I am out the woods and actually they explained thats it's very normal to get severe low from a high period its the way the mind deals with stuff and she also explained that i should go slowly at my own pace at recovery it may take me longer than i anticipated but she said i shouldn't rush otherwise I will crash and burn out easily.

14. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, all! :)

Star is sitting, staring at my ankles, making me very nervous that she is plotting a sneak attack...lol. Perhaps I need to play with her a bit more today and direct her hunting instincts toward a toy on a string.

Jimk, I hope you get some more sleep. :hug:
    NYJmp, I hope you find a balance of happy noise and happy quiet this week. :)
    Skinnylove, really sounds like you've got lots of good support with the crisis team. Keep in touch with people here on SF, too...whether it's to say what the weather is like in your area, or to talk about how you're feeling. :)

I'm off to the library today. Will see Dad today or tomorrow.

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

15. skinnylove911

This afternoon I watched a programme i never seen before called the hart of dixie and it may feel positive again,at first i thought it would be triggering as it may bring back memories of me studying and wanting to go uni and the frustrations im dealing with but after a while I settled down and watched and later im gonna watch the next episode and hopefully this can help with my recovery. I am learning i can watch a tv programme if i want to, im not lazy and its not my fault i feel this way.
    Im also really glad I have joined other social networks recently and thats a good start and I am getting m backside back to into studying again.

http://uktv.co.uk/really/homepage/sid/9142

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  16. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi there!!! Ben, good luck dealing with the activity going on around you..

Acy hope Starr's attacks were gentle..

Skinny love. Glad you found some tv was good to attach to

I got some more sleep and with it found some peace.. Just got back from reunion with Nahawand at 711..she did not even ask me what..look in my eyes read carton of Marlboro 100's.. About time for breakfast.. Then ponder my naval and find enuf energy and off to Safeway..

17. skinnylove911

Im now doing studying for distance learning course in mental health and im also doing a course in health and social care
    so at the moment im busy doing some studying and im really starting to enjoy both courses.

18. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

A very fitting song, DJ Jim, for people in these parts. It tells a tale of submission and sadness... Where someone is begging for someone who is their perceived better not to take their world away. The world they equate with their loved one whom they base their happiness upon....

A couple of common traps that are easy to fall into for those with a tender heart and low self esteem. And hell, don't I know it first hand...

Great, great song. :)

As for me right now... I've slipped off a PAIR of wagons, but not too drastically... Just wound so tight with a few circumstances that have popped up and the sense of duty that accompanies them... At times, I wonder how I or any of us manages to do it in a world so needlessly convoluted and complicated... But somehow, we do. And we need to give ourselves a BIG fucking hug for having the strength to do it. :)

My deepest love and support to all of yr sweet souls. :grouphug:

19. skinnylove911

Today I'm starting my new journals, my livejournal is available for anyone to see now and my wordpress journal will be available shortly just got lots of technical things going with it at the moment
    http://mysecretworld13.livejournal.com/

20. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning coffee forums,

weather looks nice outside today. I will have to venture out at some point. for now having breakfast and coffee will be brewed momentarily. the last batch of coffee I bought from the grocery store was surprisingly fresh. i brew my coffee by manual pourover and it's really noticeable how recently the beans were roasted based on how much of a chemical reaction the grounds have to the hot water. lots more bubbles produced from fresh beans than older ones that have been sitting on the shelf for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.