Cafe Monday US Veterans day the 11th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning good ppl.. really late in starting this today.. yesterday morning and today again had the most horrific scary ass nightmares.. took hours both times to get my head and soul back to a calmer world.. very damn tired again today..

john up with me now we having our coffee together atm... got last cd I burned for tara my departed long time therapist a playin' now.. can see tara just like she in the room with zoomies aned me again.. blonde short haired goddess...

not much at all got to get to today.. sides medicating and feeding really all rest is going to just be our \desires and wants... probably a movie in there

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and jOhn

stairway to heaven by led zeppelin..
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, all! :)

Star and I have been up for a bit. Coffee'd and fed, the two of us. Remembrance Day here (same thing as Veterans' Day). We wear red poppies over our hearts until the services are finished (by around noon). It used to be a stat holiday here. Now it is not. Our government makes a point of participating in the Remembrance Day ceremonies at the same time that they cut benefits to veterans returning from service. It's disgusting. I find war sad, but for heaven's sake, if we send people over to fight, at least we could provide for them upon their return or help support the families of those who don't return.

Jimk, I'm sorry you had a nasty night. Thanks for Stairway to Heaven! Enjoy your day without much on the gotta list :)

Wishing everyone a good day! :grouphug:
  3. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good afternoon, all.

I'm slow coming to helm today. Still feeling a bit on the sickly side since I posted on Friday, but I have my voice back and despite the emotional difficulty in cantoring at Mass yesterday, I was able to sing the notes. That's one thing about this depression that has been very hard. I normally love to proclaim the psalms to the people at Mass (and it's something I usually do quite well at) but lately, it seems like every time it's been my turn to cantor, the Psalm for the week has been something praising God's love and goodness and His support for those who are oppressed or brokenhearted. The other week I had to stand up and sing, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and those who are crushed in spirit He saves." It was all I could do to get the words and notes out without breaking down in tears. I have felt so much the opposite lately, that God has turned His back on me that I have a hard time feeling anything else but anger towards Him.

Today emotionally I'm feeling a little less depressed, but I think that's largely to do with it being a holiday and my hubby being home from work. I am trying to enjoy it though, as best I am able. I'm thinking of getting out in a while to go shopping for a St. Benedict medal at our local Catholic shop. I may also hit up our local Aldi to procure dinner materials and a few buy ahead items for our Thanksgiving dinner (like a frozen smoked turkey that will be super easy to heat and serve).

Happy Veteran's/Remembrance Day to all of you.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon coffee forums :giraffe:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.