Cafe Saturday Dec 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

good morning good folks... how's it going today??? john wiht momma and i got some sleep thank goodness.. yesterday was then and now is here and now and better.. watching tv without my bifocals is sort of a pain and all the hidef entertainment on my tv is wasted when i only see about half .. where oh where did i put those old friend my glasses???? have looked high low up and down and not a bloody clue.. 10 days till they get the replacement to the clinic and cost me $408 and wil be really glad to be able to seee effortlessly again.. titanium frames are expensive..

got about 11 hours till katie should have johnny back home.. lil more sleep in there somewhere.. attempt to watch blt of men in black 3 in bluray. thinking few hours will attempt to write out a list for safeway on back of mega tickey adn do the shopping this morning.. shave would be good..

not sure how today is going to go??? litlte up, and then little down.. middle is something cannot grab ahold of atm.. time to go back to bob dylan.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBO9KKMoCgI

bob dylan and all i really want to do..

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good day!

It's still a tad early here, but I'm awake and that's that. The Little Princess Star is back to munching her food happily. I was worried about her. She so rarely goes off her food. I love that little friend sooo much. :cat: I had a great long chat with a friend on the phone last night. We always find a lot to laugh at. There is a dusting of snow here. First of the season. If the weather is iffy today, I don't have to run errands. Might be a day to finish the other non-fiction book I've been reading. "Beautiful Souls" is true stories about people who refuse to obey orders than harm others but in refusing to obey put themselves in harm's way somehow.

Jimk, I have lost my glasses before and what a pain it is! I now buy the cheapest ones I can, and have tried to make it a habit to put them in the same place if I take them off. I still go on a blurry hunt for them at least once a week. If you find yours, perhaps still get the new ones, so you have a spare set? (I always want to do that, but am a cheap son of a gun.) :hug:

Well, off to suck back some caffeine here. Made a nice strong pot of coffee today :coffee: and am looking forward to it!

Happy Saturday to all! Wishing everyone good December weather today!

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hello folks!

The Christmas candles are lit! Ready to bang out the Christmas songs and put up the decorations later! Really looking forward to it as I need a distraction and something to look forward to today. Feeling a little bummed today, hopefully I can pick myself back up :)

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Jim so sorry about the glasses - on the plus side if you can only see half as much choose to only see the good in people.

Acy the book sounds very interesting, not surprising topic at all considering the author.

Lexi Christmas candles and lights are beautiful, but they are only decorations to remind us how beautiful many ordinary things can be when giving proper care and attention.

Happy December all. Turning pages on the calendars is always funny for me - a part of me smiles and a part is sad. In the long run, I think I would rather there were no calendars at all- the snow out this morning is more than enough to remind me of what time of year it is, the rest are just numbers.

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Just lounging around. Not much to do today, except for getting my Windows Server 2012 domain controller set up, so I can mess around with it.

Not much else going on. Toimmy Tom says heyroo!

Take care, and have a good day everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon everybody,

i'm all out of sorts today. the weather is weird. cold as per usual for November but higher humidity than typical with it. so there is much frost accumulation on the trees. makes everything look different. strange. my brain is discombobulated. people were driving erratically on the road too. person in front of me inexplicably brakes on the upward slope of a hill ostensibly to let someone merge in front of them. I honk horn twice, change lanes. person I changed lanes in front of flashes their highbeams at me to suggest that I cut them off. i did not. there was ample room.

i cannot deal with anymore things today. :grr:

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday Dec 2nd

morning folks.. how's it going for you today??? i went back to bed and almost slept 8 hours straight thru.. now quite sure how to deal with this..lol bypassed the chaining earlier of the marlboros.. feel bit rested ahnd slightly mellow.. going to see if can pull this off again soon??? johnny early morning tomorrow got to do my firfst apt with brand new therapist.. think will do shaves, shampoos and bath and clean clothes today.. get that done will be amazing.. been putting off the shampoos forever you old salt jimbo..

going to find a good movie after than and try for both of us to attach ourselves to... maybe will try to get cousin jeanie finally on the phone with me this day.. been missing her a lot.. ccoffee is ready. time to do a marlboro and hot cup of wakeup juice...

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and JOhn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJIDETEVIQ

billy ocean and caribbean queen...

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Re: Cafe Sunday Dec 2nd

Morning Jim and hope that appointment goes well...glad you got a good amount of sleep...it does feel refreshing after not sleeping well...I know that first hand...enjoy the movie and the day

9. Acy

Yay, the Café is open!

Jimk, you slept solidly and I woke up at 4:20 a.m. and tossed and turned until nearly 5. Have been up for a bit now.Thanks for the music, jimk...it got me dancing and I feel alive now.
    Good morning, to you Sadeyes! Hope you managed some good rest last night, too. :hug:

I'll have to wait a few hours to hear from sis what we will do about seeing Dad today. It is increasingly difficult to get him out on my own and up to sis's where there are three of us to help him. Might work better to have everyone meet him at the senior's residence and then take him out for a coffee again. We shall see. My younger niece is back in town for her second practice teaching round (Dec. 3-21), and then she's here on holidays until the new year. She's loving learning to teach, and that is awesome! Dad loves to visit with the girls and hear how school and jobs are going.

Not much else on my plate today. I'm keeping an eye on Star as she is still not back to her usual self. It will be a trip to the vet's tomorrow or Tuesday if she's not eating more by tomorrow a.m. Poor kitty!

I hope everyone has a super Sunday! :grouphug:

10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello sad eyes and Acy.. You are a sweetie SE to wish me only well.. Hope some good for you also today..Acy hope things work out ok trying to get your dad with the family..

Trying to keep the volume of music on iPad so will not wake zoomies..is me time.. Mariah Carey and I doing emancipation of Mimi..is good.lol

11. Butterfly

Good day folks :) Put up the xmas decorations in my room yesterday and began wrapping up all my Christmas presents :) My mum will be putting up the main tree later on which will be awesome. Having a relaxing day today, think I am going to take some frustrations out on the sims later. Tehe. The poor unfortunate souls! Mwahahaha!

12. letty

letty Banned Member

Good morning Jimk, Sadeyes, Acy , and Lexi I hope you are all having a good day, I am doing ok, going to try to do some laundry today, first i need some coffee i am lazy this morning. have a great day everyone,

13. Mr Stewart

afternoon everybody,

came home tired from work just now and had a bit of a sensory overload. have earplugs in ears and noise cancel headphones on top of that. feel a little better now. I shouldn;t have dropped by the mall in search of winter jackets at this time of year. mall is loud and packed to the rafter with humanity,. it's too much,. world is so loud sometimes. how do normal people stand it?

it does help now that I can identify sensory overload for what it is. in the past, before I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome and OCD, i didn't know why I felt so horrible sometimes. times when I wasn't depressed or anxious. therapist has helped me to identify now. now I feel it happening and take immediate steps to stop it. earplugs, sunglasses, quiet room. calm down.

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Monday Dec 3rd

morning good ppl.. how's it all going today??? slept like shit last night.. knew something wrong was going on and i did not know it yet.. finally gave up adn got out of bed at about 11pm.. yes i was rite and the message was there rite in my face.. could have used some sleep this night.. at 9:30 am got first apt with new therapist.. boy they are not going to be very impressed by me today..lol oh well..

got to do 711 for loaf of white bread before breakfast.. will wait till lovly nahwand is there around 5:30 before going there for a few... been 13 days since sent and mailed payment to credit card services.. balance is still the same and guess they have not gotten my check yet.. sudie my mail carrier is a dear and thank her a couple of times a year for her outstanding serivice.. will give anohter day to see if payment reaches htem and if not will call and see about a giving of debit card info can put a paymetn on hte books????

am awfully wide awake now.. not even goig to bother trying to head back to bed.. got about 4 hours that i hope john sleeps thru .. then will crank teh music up and see if i can get my life partner to join me. i coudluse his help some today..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pYOYRUvApE

barbra steisand and children will listen....

15. Acy

Re: Cafe Monday Dec 3rd

Good morning, folks!

Jimk, so sorry you had a crummy night. Wanting good sleep and not getting it can feel stressful...the more we want the sleep, the more it runs from us.

Star came and woke me up this a.m. She just ate breakfast and is now munching on her kibbles. This is the first real meal she's munched on in three or four days. I will still keep an eye on her, but I'm hoping it means she is feeling well again (and it was a hairball that caused the lack of appetite). I was mighty worried about my little friend. Will continue to monitor as I don't want her to be sick and in pain. But for now, she has eaten and behaved more like herself. Yay, Princess Star! :cat:

General pick up and laundry on the to do list today. Tonight I might remember to set out the butter to soften for the shortbreads. Got to get into the swing of the big Bake-A-Thon and sooner is better than later.

Have a marvelous Monday everyone! :stars: :arms:

16. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Jim and Acy...as Acy said, not getting enough sleep is rough...hope your appointment with new therapist is productive and remember you are the client so you do not have to put on any airs to show up..Acy...sounds yum...send some here, and glad the furry is better...today, I have wound care clinic, as I have had for over a yr...so tired of getting cut or grafted or anything wound related...and then I have to rest afterwards...kills a whole day...wishing all a great day and a peaceful nite

17. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

I'm bored out of my tiny mind today, nothing to do and nowhere to go :unsure:

Bored bored and more bored, that's me today :unsure:

18. letty

letty Banned Member

Good Morning Jimk ,Acy Sadeyes , midnightstar, i hope your day is going good, I had a hard time sleeping. I work today
    i hope the day goes by fast, having my first cup of coffee, and a hostess cupcake later . take care everyone

19. Butterfly

Hey all,

Had a rough night's sleep last night so woke up feeling like a zombie. Have had mega rough day at work. Wasn't busy as such, but was helping a patient off the weighing scales and patient collapsed and died. Was quite frightening, first time it's ever happened to me as a qualified nurse.

20. Mr Stewart

looks like a sunny day outside today. have not had one of those in some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.