Cafe Saturday Feb 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how's your day going??? I been having trouble again staying asleep.. just gave up and just did awake for hour or two.. see if I can mange acouple of hours ih a bit.. going to attempt to download the rest of my iTunes library to old trusty puter this morning... also check the envelope I got all the earnings statements in and see if I have them all??? if yes then will do turbotax again this afternoon or tomorrow...

just going to try to have a laid back sort of day.. not going to try to reform my world this weekend..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB_u-to-IE

the doors and light my fire....

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, Café! :)

Another storm day here. Two to five inches of snow, followed by rain, followed by falling temps, and more snow. I am so glad I got all my errands done yesterday. :) Star and I will play a bit and snuggle a lot today, periodically staring out the window and saying, "I thought I liked winter..." Ah, well. It's a good excuse for hot coffee and an afternoon reading!

Jimk, a laid back day - you deserve it! :arms:

Hope Saturday brings some smiles and laughs to all! :grouphug:

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

Not much doin today, except studying for my Unit 6 review (I am learning Spanish).

I hope everyone is doing good

Tommy Tom says heyroo!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hello coffee forums,

speaking of coffee I tried an experiment with mine today. i read that sometimes people use butter instead of cream in their coffee for a different sort of taste and texture. I tried. It was pretty good, sort of. Taste didn't change much from regular black coffee but the texture was nice. Oily in a good way. Tomorrow I think i will try my usual splash of heavy cream (about one teaspoon or less) and just a little bit of butter for the texture. That should be best of both worlds for me I think. I do the very small splash of heavy cream because I think it brings out the flavour of the beans and reduces the acidity just slightly, removes that bit of edge that suboptimally roasted beans tend to have. And suboptimal roast/freshness is all I have in the cupboard at the moment.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday Feb 2nd

morning out there.. how's it going today??? john with Katie tonight as she thought I needed a break.. got some sleep but should get more.. too busy with computers and iTunes.. decided that backup windows 8 puter in bedroom coming out to dining room table in just a bit.. old windows 7 puter I got on dining room table taking it's place in bedroom.. that the only one that is backing itself up onto mybook.. and iTunes on the windows 7 is antiquated....

don't quite know how to and remember such without johnny in bed here middle of night... it is coming back to me..lol first thing is music at a good volume.. but not loud enuf to wake the neighbors... at least the ones I like..lol

we due here in seattle area for cold front which will park itself over us till next Saturday.. cold foggy air which may cause some icy roads.. with maybe a bit of snow to make it even more interesting..

back to couch and search for my brain atm.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BaC95O37Os

the beach boys and surfing USA...

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Re: Cafe Sunday Feb 2nd

Morning all!! Jim, I hope it doesn't get too cold there!!

Off to a family party for the afternoon, and then back to watch the Superbowl. I'm in a Superbowl pool where I could possibly win some money, so I'm hoping the scores go my way tonight. :)

7. Acy

Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone! :)

I'm not a big football fan, but the ads they show during the game are always fun! I'm out this a.m., then will probably put the game on in the afternoon and read (except during the commercials - lol). Star has no interest at all in humans tackling each other, so she will likely curl up in the living room or on the bed.

Jimk, glad you had some me time. Love the distinction you make between neighbors you like and don't like - lol! I hope your weather this week is better than forecast, hun!
    WildCherry, good luck with the Superbowl pool! If you win, extra chocolate in the groceries, right? :)

Have a good day everyone! :)

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day all,

I'm sat here eating a giant bag of sweets. Yum yum. Trying to keep my brain occupied by playing games and stuff.

Never really get the hype about the Superbowl, but then again I live in the UK so I wouldn't. But hope all those it means something too enjoy it and have fun. I'm probably going to go and watch a movie shortly :)

9. lightbeam

heyroo!

It's basketball for my mom, and the Superbowl for dad today. It's Spanish review for me. Gotta prepare for a review/test. Gotta prepare. this Unit has been the longest by far. So much to learn. Everything up to this point, was preparation for this Unit. So I better get to it!

Jim, hope you don't gt tuck with the cold front too long!

Alison, have fun at your parties!

Acy, the last time I watched the Super Bowl, was when I was inpatient at a mental health facility. In 2008. lol

Lexi! I hope you have fun with your movie!

Tommy Tom is sunning in the window, and is saying heyroo!

We are off!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  10. Mr Stewart

Have a good Sunday coffee forums. :)

11. Mr Stewart

Cafe thread for Monday February 3rd, 2014

Hello everybody. Just got home from work and see no thread has been started for today so here we are and thread is up and running. Bit of a busy day and glad to be home. Cold snap blowing through just now.

12. WildCherry

Re: Cafe thread for Monday February 3rd, 2014

Thanks for reposting the café! Basically what happened was, we were migrated to our new server early this morning. The last bit of migration was done around noon Eastern time, and for some reason, the threads, posts, and private messages that were made during the migration, are gone. Jim did start the café, but it was wiped out due to the server migration. Glad to see another one up and running.

We got some snow last night, and there are two more snowstorms headed this way in the next week. Looks like winter's here with a vengeance!

13. lightbeam

Re: Cafe thread for Monday February 3rd, 2014

You might want to thank the global warming for all the disastrous weather we all have had.

Anyway, I'm sure the regular thread will be up and up tomorrow.

Goonight peeps!

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday Feb 4th

morning out there.. how you doing today???? johnny still sleeping soundly atm.. I got some sleep but need some more tonight.. in a bit will try again..

yesterday installed turbotax for 2013 and entered everything and filed.. got a notice that there was a mistake on my name and SSAj number.. finally figured how to amend the return and efiled it again.. after I went to bed got notice that IRS accepted my return.. a refund of $82 3 or 4 weeks in a check.. the direct deposit into my checking account had some process that I could not tackle.. glad that is done..

cold outside tonight and will be for better part of a week... no moisture yet except for heavy fog in morning.. that can get dangerous...after sun been out for a bit thinking go get a carton of smokes at 711 and a fresh lighter. seems that I am just not ready to try again now at kicking this god awful habit!!!

I need a shave.. john a shampoo and baths for the two of us.. will try to get to these in morning..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hf8BJVwdnY

Rupert holmes and escape (the pina colada song)

15. DeadAlive

DeadAlive Member

Re: Cafe Tuesday Feb 4th

I have a friend... he is 40. Happily married with three children. He is dying of lung cancer. He smoked too. I have known him a long time. He could not kick the habit. His children won't have a daddy too much longer.

I have a father that used to smoke. He quit cold turkey. He watched the ugly way his father died of mouth and throat cancer from smoking. It sobered him up... he is now 77 years old and happily alive and kicking.

The bottom line is you. If your serious about quitting then quit. Find something else to do to replace the habit. Chew gum. Remember that it is very painful to die of cancer. Not just for you; but for those who love you too.

16. Acy

Good morning Café! :)

OK, the strange dreams can stop anytime...so can the "Private Number" calls from a fax machine at 4 a.m. (I had a bit of a rough night.) Star slept through it all. :D

Jimk, that freezing fog sounds treacherous - I'm hoping the sun comes out early for you folks! Wow, you managed to file your taxes early - good for you! :)
    DeadAlive, I'm sorry that loss and hurt have been stirred up for you. I'm glad your father found that special oomph that helped him quit. :)

I'm out this a.m. Running an errand or two this afternoon so I'm ready for the snow and blowing snow that is coming to my area tonight and tomorrow. Old Man Winter seems to have a lot of things up his sleeve this year! :noidea:

17. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Morning all. School has been rough. My anxieties kicking in I guess. Anyway we had ice yesterday so first class was cancelled. Made it to 2nd class after 20 minutes of ice scraping the car.

Seems my fridge is dying. Sure do hate that. Chicken went bad in 3 days. That was one 10th of my grocery bill. Sigh. I suppose I could return it, but I know it was the fridge that did it.

Have a dental cleaning today, that is always stressful.

Take care in the snowy weather Acy.

Everyone have a good day!

18. WildCherry

Morning all!!

Six inches of snow on the way, so I'm going out to do some grocery shopping before it gets here.

19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi angie.. hope dental cleaning goes quickly and painlessly.. sorry bout the fridge condition..

Acy hope the fax calls at 4am stop right now... good luck out and about today fore the weather goes cosmic..

thanks for caring deadalive.. I got the message.. got to kick this fucking habit!!! more for my son johnny than me.. I want to be alive as long as possible for him.. also if I gave him lung cancer from all my smoking in the house I would never forgive myself.. he got more than enuf to deal already. got two packs left now.. sometime late tomorrow afternoon will run out...

today and tomorrow morning to read again on kindle on ipad allen carr's book the easy way to quit smoking.. he recommends the cold turkey method and getting past the nicotine addiction fast as one can.. got my written list already reasons I need to quit. another list for what can do instead.. and info sheet on quintet.com website which has thousands of good ppl in all stages of trying to quit smoking.. chatrooms there also.. takes two hands typing to do that.. thanks again deadalive.. tc, Jim

20. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good morning all. Exhausted this morning. Only got about three odd hours of sleep and didn't get very good quality sleep thanks to nightmares about being in the hospital, but I'm not totally surprised given the all the talking I did about that in my session with my therapist last night. Spent a good bit of yesterday in a fog of darkness so heavy that I could feel the heaviness in my body. I struggled with the darkness all day long and the suicidal thoughts and even idle plans floating through my brain. Was in the carpool line at school when I got an unexpected text from my therapist asking if hubby and I wanted to meet for our weekly marital session on Saturday as we hadn't scheduled the next session at our last one. I was so muddled by the depression that I replied in a rather incoherent (for me) way. Anyone else who had read my reply might have assumed that I was busy or just distracted. My therapist knew (as he told me later) that he knew that something was wrong from my first reply. I asked how he knew and he said it just didn't sound like me. I suppose after five years of being my therapist, I ought not be very surprised that he knew immediately that something was wrong. To make a very long story short, we had a crisis session last night that wound up being just over two hours long. I wish I could say that it put everything to rights, but I left there still grappling with a lot inside my head. It did help some as I felt a little more grounded and not as deeply in my head. It was a scary night for my hubby and for an old teacher (who has become a dear friend) who were both worried for my safety. My teacher friend was so worried that he even tried to call my hubby even though they have never met each other. I wish I could say that last night was scary for me, but it wasn't. I do feel very bad that I worried my hubby and dear friend, but I would be lying if I said that I felt anything akin to fear about the possibility of ending my life. This morning I feel a little less in a fog but I'm still struggling with the darkness. I haven't eaten anything since Sunday night and I just don't feel hungry for anything. I have my usual session with my therapist on Thursday evening. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. For now, I'm going to get another cup of coffee. Hope you all have a good day.

~Ana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.