Cafe Saturday June 1st.. finally got here..lol

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning good people.. how you doing today???? john with momma and I doing the usual music , coffee and Marlboros.. old friends are the best.. the quit smoking yesterday was going to so well and then straight to crap.. thinking atm the only thing I am able to do is try to cut down some..

zoomies and Katie I hope you two sleeping peacefully tonight??? ever so much.. if rain is not around about 8am I wil drag out extensions cord and weed eat the front.. then fuel up lawn mower and attack front and back best I can.. grass just grows so bloody fast and I am such a tough old crazy bird that will probably always feel is mine to mow...lol maybe by 70 I will change that thinking????

some more of dexter today.. along with watching dubbing of realtime with bill maher to vhs tape.. if get to lawn early enuf may even sneak back to bed for a bit??? back to couch and watch this new dvd I have had for 6 months and watch celine dion concert...

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF-ovJL5f_s

Barbra Streisand Michael Crawford and the music of the night...

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good morning all!

Still feeling poorly but considerably better than I have been and I have been back to work the past couple of days :) Today is such a nice sunny day and me and my friend are going shopping and then going to get some lunch out! Might even sit outside in the sunshine. I am feeling quite good at the moment. I like this feeling!

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

This month is my birth month! I will be celebrating (or mourning) the final throes of my 28th year in this lifetime. In other news, my aunt who was wheelchair-bound for over a month is back up, able to walk again, with help, and she's feeling better.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi all...I hope you got things done and got back to bed Jim...glad you are feeling better Lex and happy birthday soon Witty and so glad about your aunt...being the weekend, today is catch up day...sleep, work, speaking to ppl...just another lazy Saturday..hope all are well the rest of the day

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi lexi, prinn and sadeyes.. good to hear from you.. lexi glad the health issues you have had a getting better...

I was up early and on a manic tear till 4am.. then forced myself to go back to bed and finally got couple more hours of sleep.. finally did breakfast and meds.. then went out and tried to use weedeater before mowing.. could not make it work right so mowed the front anyway.. \after completing front I was trying to adjust the height of the mower cause back is much thinker and that is last thing I remember gfor couple of hours..

dissociated again and not a clue what I did for couple of hoursl.. finally fought my way back difficulty to reality... back was not mowed and mower was just sitting in back yard and I had taken my outside outer clothes off... geez I hate to lose time and be so incapitated with dissociation..

got inspired finally and went and mowed the back.. fiddled some more with weedeater and got it to work long enuf to do by the house and fence and edge of flowrbeds.. really glad this is done now..

6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

After the USB debacle of the century, I am now running Mint 15 'Olivia'. Had to burn the bloody thing to disc to get it to install correctly. It's a good thing I had them around.

Anyway, that has taken the brunt of my time today. so yeah...

Meanwhile Tommy Tom has been snoozing. lol

We are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

have a good weekend coffee forums. :)

8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good evening all. :)

Went out with a group today to a retreat. We walked a labyrinth for meditation purposes, sang some songs, had lunch, and exchanged ideas on how we can build gratitude and hope in lives. It was a good day!

Wishing everyone a great evening!

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday June 2nd

morning people.. how's it going today??? dashed back to bed after a coup[le of puffs on a Marlboro and got almost 7 hours of sleep so far.. needed that.. thinkin gmaybe today will fiddle a bit more with cord on weedeater and hit the edges and trim on the back yard today.. not much more even going to attempt.. some more of disc 3 of tv show dexter..

already plotting just which cd I will put on when zoomies joins me this morning.. just going to try to have a laid back day..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

10. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Re: Cafe Sunday June 2nd

Good day all!

I had a good day yesterday! Sat in the sunshine soaking up some rays in the morning, then I went for some lunch with my friend and we did a bit of shopping. Think I'm getting a little manic as I'm doing a lot of cleaning (I'm lazy, I never clean!) but it's harmless and I feel good :) It's not warm enough yet to sit out in the sunshine, but if it brightens up a bit later I will be sure to sit in the garden with some fizzy pop and a choc ice!

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Morning all - plan is to finally finish all of the gardens today ... made good progress at it yesterday so if today goes as well will be done then will just be minor upkeep for rest of year......

12. Acy

Good morning!

Have fed Star and am sipping on my coffee now. Plan to see Dad this afternoon as I didn't see him yesterday.

Jimk, wishing a wonderful "laid back day"! Enjoy!
    Butterfly, glad you had fun with your friend yesterday. Lunch out and shopping with a friend is lovely!
    NYJmp, sounds like you have put in hard work to set up your garden. Glad it will be just upkeep when you're done. Gardens are lovely refuges!

Have a sensational Sunday, everyone! :)

13. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Woke up at a half-way decent hour! Instead of being passed out until 6:00am, I woke up ay 8:30a which is nice. Debating making an iced cappucino. That would be way good!

Jim, I hope you are able to get the weedeating done, and out of the way for another week! My ad has to mow the lawn at least once a week, or it gets unruly.
    Butterfly, glad to hear your friend's visit was eventful! Shopping is always good, as long as you don't go overboard.
    Ben. I'm glad that you are able to get your garden in. I am hoping our garden yeilds tons of tomatoes and bell peppers!
    Acy, ir's always lovely to hear about you and Star. Tommy Tom gives you both nuzzles!

Well, time for me to burn a disc for my workouts. Just 1 disc. I will have more in few days in about a week. I better eat my cookies! Peanut butter and oatmeal raisin. Nomnomnom!

Tommy Tom says heyroo!

We are off!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

14. Lunartic

Lunartic Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi All, Sunshine arrived here today (Large Yellow globe in the sky!) so Molly and I hightailed it to our local country park. We hiked 5+ miles along the river, through a bluebell wood, and round a large lake, Molly chased the Rabbits (Sorry Acy, but she`s too fat to catch them!) and we actually heard a Cuckoo calling in the wood. I`m very grateful that despite my Diabetic neuropathy I can still go for long walks, though tomorrow my 66 year old hips`n`thighs might have a different opinion on the matter!!
    Steak,new potatos and peas for dinner later, looking forward to that (don`t tell Molly) Hope everyone has a tranquil Sunday wherever you may be. Hugs to All that need them...

15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi again everyone..... got to 711 for breads, milky ways and lottery tickets.. got back and fiddled with cord on the weedeater and got to work.. did back for first time in ages and finished rest of front.. garage door opener remotes are not working and instructions how to program both did not work either.. will try again tomorrow and if still no go will call sears and have repair person stop by soon I hope...

16. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

got inspired again and pulled bedding off my bed .. washed sheets and pillow cases for first time in ages.. Katie left me with a king size bed and this is a chore.. got remade just now and looking forward to crawling into tonight.. had been p;utting this off forever..

17. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

But did you get the doughnuts Jim? Your and Zoomie's glazed doughnut supply is worrying me. Are there such things as frozen doughnuts? Or frozen doughnut dough? If not I think we have to consider it as a food aid issue /emergency.

Oh if anyone hadn't noticed I think I'm having manic moments concurrent with the perennial depression and PTSD hangovers. :whistle:

18. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Afternoon coffee forums,

I'm in an unusual mood today. Feel restless but also tired but not tired enough to be sleepy. Irritable. Anyway, will be off work shortly. I started trying to organize my storage room a few days ago but didn't get further than running to the store to pickup some extra plastic bins., maybe tomorrow I will set to it.

19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Monday June 3rd

good morning out there... how you doing today???? got some sleep and ready to go for few hours anyway.. just checked online bank accounts.. our checks made it into our accounts.. the mortgage check from gramma's farm used to make it here by the 24th each month.. not anymore , going to wait till mail shows today and if check not in box I am going to call company and politely complain.. maybe inquire if direct deposit is possible???

got so much done yesterday that not that much left to do today..lol when zoomies wakes up going to play a bit more with seeing if can get base unit to recognize the two remotes and if can open and close the garage door??? have a feeling that ain't going to happen and will have to call sears and they send one out at an outrageous dollar amount.. oh well..

back to couch now ... hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John
    \
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8

Elton john and your song...

20. Acy

Re: Cafe Monday June 3rd

Good Monday morning!

Star and I are up and almost ready to face the day. It is going to be a fresh day here - not too hot or too cold. I love 18-20°C! Considering a long walk in the woods.

Jimk, hope you can get direct deposit for the check. Would make things easier and maybe you could even set up a specific day it's done on each month. I hope the garage door is an easy fix and not too outrageously expensive. Don't you love those days when you get so much done the next day or two are quieter?! Yay for you! :hug:

WIshing everyone a happy Monday to start the week! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.