Cafe Saturday March 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning ppl.. how you doing today??? john with momma tonight.. I got some sleep but need to try for bit more soon.. currently while doing this post am on ipad with old friend from down under.. been too long since we did this...

finally is March... February seemed to have drug on forever.. hopefully this month will be better???? need to do pharmacy this morning to pick up fresh supply of once a week tabs of vitamin D.. not a whole bunch more got to get to today.. can appreciate that..lol

for $10 a month have signed onto WWE network.. world wrestling entertainment network.. trial basis for 6 months ... love their brand of professional wrestling .. now got access streaming video onto playstation 3 of all the matches for last 30 or so years.. when I want it is even better..

time to change the cd.. fill the cup.. head back to couch for a bit more... hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0

sinead O'Connor and nothing compares 2 U

2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Morning all. Have come down with the crud. Keep waking at at 2:30 3:00 coughing. Makes for pretty miserable day. Hopefully will be over soon. Made a B on that Botany test so I was happy. Missed a college trip because of the crud, so not so happy about that. Having problems with low blood sugar. If I am up to it I am going to pharmacy to see about getting BS meter checked. Need to go grocery shopping too.
    Supposed to have an arctic front tomorrow and maybe ice, hope not.
    You all have a good day.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning Café! :)

I was out late last night so I slept a little later this a.m. I was downtown to deal with Dad's estate and then met up with a friend. We went to see The Monuments Men. A war story about recovering art that the Nazis stole. The film was laced with a lot of funny moments, too. Great cast! Today will be a fairly quiet day, I think. I'm really tired for some reason.

Jimk, I'm with you - glad to see that March is here! Enjoy your wrestling network! :superbear:
    Texaskitty, congratulations on the test score! :) Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Wishing everyone a super Saturday! :arms:

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Working on 5th grade math. Passed 4th grade by mastering all the different concepts. I am now 65 percent through the 5th grade modules. Have yet to do anything with the fractions module. Thank heavens there is not fractions module in the 6th grade! lol

Not much doin today. Gonna watch the ASU grame on the PAC12 network today.

It's one of the rare times I watch TV for anything other than NCIS.

Anyway, Tommy Tom and I are off! He says heyroo!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon everybody,

holy hell is it cold outside today! maybe coldest day this year? glad to be done with work now. having a large bowl of soup for lunch right now. cream of potato. i put some cayenne pepper in. maybe overdid the cayenne a little. i like spice.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday March 2nd

morning ppl out there... how's it going today??? I got some sleep and up for the moment... previous last two nights I went back to bed and had some really troubling nightmares.. took awhile both nights to finally get to a better ;place after waking.. gives this one htoughts about going back to bed tonight...

might be some snow and ice on the roads this morning .. going to check my weather app for my location in a bit and watch till later.. thinking of me and zoomies doing mall walking but no way if roads in bad shape..

have not gotten to car racing game on xbox for few days... need to do that today!!! also some more tv show lost..thinking we do little pig suasages and fried eggs and toast for dinner.. think I can pull that off.. also need to add a few payments to my check register and then check out on banks website..

doing low key so far.. going to try to make that last.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9TByT3QlWc

merle haggard and if we make it thru December...

7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Re: Cafe Sunday March 2nd

'morning Jim & John

We're having a full Sunday carvery today so we'll be thinking of you two having just little pig suasages and fried eggs and toast for dinner - perhaps a bottle of wine will be a good compliment to your light lunch :smile-new:

8. Acy

Good day, Café folks! :)

I have been up for a while...I fed my tiger and had my coffee and am ready for the day...sort of. ;) Not much planned today. Will watch the Oscars tonight - at least the opening with Ellen as host. I have not seen ANY of the movies this year, so the rest of the program won't mean much to me. I'm reading a biography of Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets) and it's quite interesting, so maybe that's what I'll what I'll do later tonight.

Jimk, I hope the weather cooperates with you, so you can go mall walking. If not, maybe later in the week! :)
    Twocky, is "full carvery" a roast beast (beef)? Enjoy!

Wishing everyone a sunny Sunday! :arms:

9. lightbeam

Heyroo all!

Got more tests for math today! I've done everything except for fractions in the 5th grade.

It's all good!

Anyway, Tommy Tom says heyroo!

ttyl!

:hug: to all cafe patrons!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Yes Acy a full carvery is roast beast/beef; though it can also be roast chicken or lamb; but right first time Acy, we did have beef

Hope you're all having a restful sunday :hug:

11. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Twocky hope the food was great..

Jason hope the battle with the math comes out with you winning!

Acy hope the day is going good for you,,

We got to mall and walked for half hour. There is a bigger mall down the hill and also nearby... Going to dexknows.com and see if can find name and phone number and find if they also open the inner halls early for walkers?? Change of scenery sometimes is good..

Took a nap fore Zoomies lunch. I was tired and finally coming to full consciousness now..

Watching wrestling from the past on WWE network on PS3..is good

12. Mr Stewart

have a good Sunday coffee forums. stay warm!

13. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Cafe Monday March 3rd

Wow! I beat Jimk to this. Hope all is okay with you Jim.

Another day, heck, another week of meaningless life begins. Putting one foot in front of the other, and keeping on going may keep you going, but it doesn't make this great.

Gonnna be a really rainy week here. But we are blessed that it will not be snow.

Hope everyone has a terrific week.

:sadbear:

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Re: Cafe Monday March 3rd

Morning Barb.. Hope is a good day at work for you!! Yes no snow here and we are not missing it..lol

Me and Johnny got sleeping sickness and not any energy.. Both seen the doc for this and supposed to be taken care of.. It ain't and if we still dragging on ground tomorrow I will call the nurse.. Know the response will be more blood tests..

Geez I am awfully tired of being a pin cushion... Hope a good day for everyone.. TC

15. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

So tired. Severely depressed. Don't want to do this anymore. Yesterday had my depression rise from an 8 to a 10 and went from passive suicidal thoughts to more active thought. I had plans flitting through my head too. Today is not much better. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up. Something needs to change but I have no hope that it will. I can't keep doing this. I am beyond exhausted and have no reserves left. I'm sorry to be such a downer.

~Ana

16. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Ana)) maybe a bit of sleep to refresh and try again.. Your family does love you very much and does not want to lose you!!

Finally had more than my dose of black coffee and w as able to do our pills and breakfast.. Had my doubts that was going to happen? So far watched first hour of oscars with Johnny..took a break and checked on my bank's website..my ssa and john's there..balanced their accounting and my register just to be sure..

Then paid centurylink bundled bill ele ctronicslly.. Now back to oscars...

17. lightbeam

Heyroo!

Jist tired all around. Sen things out of the corner of my eyes. Red things in particular. Might call therapist to check in. We have established trust. He gave me two ways to reach him. I've never had a therapist's number. Actually I'm scared to use it. I don't want to bother him.

18. Mr Stewart

hello to coffee forums,

late check-in today. the door to my apartment froze shut this afternoon. it's a sliding door, like a patio door sort of thing. condensation on the tracks and cold weather + little bit of warm in the day to melt and a little cold in the evening to freeze and there. frozen door. luckily my landlord was home to let me in. I have cleaned track and liberally coated with wd-40. that should prevent it from happening again.

i hate winter.

19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday March 4th

morning people. how you doing today??? john sleeping soundly atm.. I ain;'t...lol slept thru about 7 hours already.. woke in less pain and tiredness already today, unlike yesterday.. was trying to do the fasting for blood work at 8am at lab but tween the dead light bulb in kitchen and my desire for a hot cup I did not keep the fast going .. maybe tonight and tomorrow morning will be able??? geez mornings without coffee are not what I want!!!! I asked for the labwork so just live withj it JIMBO>>

sometime after 6am will drive up to 711 and get milk, bread and Marlboros.. nahawand always got the biggest smile on her face.. and cares oh so very much about the other guy and gal.

thinking also sorting the paperwork on kitchen table and filing for future reference.. also call my hmo's third party liability section to make sure the car insurance has paid everything for johnnhy. think we alright but insurance company wants me to verify that for johnny.. bit of a pain..lol

back to couch with a hot cup and some more of the Who.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, jim and JOhn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKbUm8GrbM

the who and pinball wizard...

20. Acy

Re: Cafe Tuesday March 4th

Hello! :)

Jimk, I so dislike those fasting blood tests and no coffee! Wishing you good luck for that tomorrow. :hug:

A quiet day here. Need to wait for a courier to arrive, then run an errand if it is not snowing. If it's snowing, I'll find something to do indoors.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
    It's Mardi Gras, so celebrate...even if you don't believe in all the customs, have a bit of a party! *tosses beads to the swaying crowds below!* :happy_hello::dancing_flower::tweetiepie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.