Cafe - Saturday, September 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lightbeam, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

The 'fried biscuit of Camelot' post...

I am awake again. Either I an deathly hypomanic, or I have just gotten used to being up this late.

Not much to do on the agenda today except for grocery shopping with mom, and starting to study my huge Linux+ manual. Linux+ is a certification for use in the Information technlogy field.

I need to hold two Linux certifications to be marketable to employers. The certification I really want is the LPIC certification. It's recognized globally.

And coupled with my (hopefully I can get in, providing I pass a background check, which will be difficult) Health Information Technology degree, I will be well placed to get off this Social Security treadmill that I am on.

Alas, my parents say that I will be ready in 5 years.

I will be dead from boredom by then.

Tommy Tom says heyroo as he looks out the window.

TTYL! Have a great day everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you are awake again at this time Jason, though I admit it is nice in some way to know that I am not the only one awake at all hours day and night. If we did not all live at the extreme and different edges of the US then you, Jim, and I could have coffee together while waiting for the rest of the world to wake up. I would vote for Jims kitchen table as I appreciate his music selection and my family, nor likely yours would appreciate the extra company in the middle of the night.

Wife is having a yard sale today - actually , it has been designated for the whole town as we live too far in the sticks to get anybody to drive out to see just us but the idea is if there are lots of houses participating people may take a drive down out lonely road to check it out. She was asking me what to price things at - my standard reply for everything was "25 cents" - she took the hint and topped asking for my input. I just want to clear clutter and nothing she puts outside is going to make it back in the house anyway - leftovers are going to charity or dump.

Hope all have a great Saturday and enjoy the "long weekend"

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Good morning to all Cafe posters, hope you're doing well. Today I'll be going to a fair, that should be fun. At least it gives me something to do for a while, and forces me to be around more people. Take care all and have a great day.

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello jason, ben and christy.. good to hear from the three of you here.. knowing not alone and got some company helps me keep going always.. ben i wouild love it to be able to sit with you at my kitchen table with couple of cups of hot coffee and going thru my music stacks together and picking out the next cd..

john with katie tonight.. hope you two are doing good and johnny is sleeping peacefully in a dry bed.. yesterday afternoon john and i did his doc's apt with some blood work thrown in which john did good letting them do the needle draw. got to catch his first morning pee if a dry bed in a plastic thingamob stuck in toilet . this better than daddy trying despreately into a specimen cup.. john does not do the previous easily..lol this is better way to do it adn i thank doc and nurse for the plastic catcher in the porcelin throne..

at 8am got to remember to go dentist's office and get permanent crown put into place.. love doc S a lot.. too bad he a dentist..lol me and johnny were too busy yesterday.. going to try for a calmer one today. especially at noon when katie brings zoomies home to me..

talked to letty couple of times on phone last 2 or 3 days.. she with hee sis and loving spending time with her labrador doggie.. she will be away from SF's until about the 10th.. has no computer access now.. she misses everyone a lot..

time to wrap thsi up now. back to 1st of 2 bob dylan's essential cds. mr dylan hitting a lot of good spots atm.. hope is a good day for you. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_hDWMftgc

bob dylan mr tambourine man...

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Morning cafe goers! Lexi went out on the razz last night and is deathly hungover this morning. Definitely not cool! Antics last night were definitely not cool either *headdesk* Hope everyone is okay!

6. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Morning, coffee sounds like a good plan, my new rescue cat is very cute, but is determined to stop me typing on this keyboard!! Hope you all have a good Saturday, I am going to stay in today, and clean my house. Exciting stuff.

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi dee and welcome to the cafe..

Power is out all around ne for an hour already..even 711 has no hot coff.. I am bloody lost withou all my lecturing gadgetry..iPad has a bit of charge left so think I will use that by flashlight to finish this kindle book have been reading forever..

Bah hambug.. Would say a prayer for power return but afraid bigg daddy would strike down with lightening bolt..lol

8. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Hey Jim. What did we do before internet... the mind boggles... It's only about 5am where you are (Seattle), hey. I'm still in my bed and it's midday(Dublin). Starting to ache from lying down though, so I better get up. Lazybones.

9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning!

I've been burrowed into my blankets for the last few days and have finally come up for air.

Jim, "a prayer to 'Big Daddy'" - that woke me up :laugh:! I hope your power has been restored.

Yay, for rescue kitties! :cat: Now Star and Tommy Tom have another online friend. :wink:

Sorry you had a wild night and are hungover, Butterfly. Drink lots of little sips of water.

Sounds like people have things to do, projects on the go. The yard sale actually sounds like fun! It can be interesting to poke about in others' stuff. I hope things go well for all. My own plans are to get to the pharmacy, do groceries, and maybe go up to the airport to watch various planes for the annual air show taking off. I think it might be fun to go up in one those super buff jets, except for the fact that I don't like heights and I get motion sickness just thinking of it! :plane:

Oh, and I have to go to the library. One book overdue. No matter how hard I try, I seem to miss at least one due date every so often. :dunno: Grrr.

Hoping and wishing that everyone has a really great day!

10. Butterfly

Yes Acy, I well and truely had a wild night! I lost all my dignity and well and truely embarassed myself, oops.

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

People feel better after they share - air it all out so to speak......... :rofl:

12. lightbeam

Do tell Lexi! We want to know all the details!

13. Butterfly

Read diary entry.

14. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

came home from work today. turn on computer. internet down. PANIC. call tech support IMMEDIATELY. go through the usual unplug and plug in then unplug and plug in different order. works now. not sure what happened there. I did my own plugging and unplugging prior to the call to no avail. maybe my old router is about to kick the bucket. or rather it will be my foot doing the kicking, of the router, into a bucket, of garbage.

15. lightbeam

Oh dear Lexi. I know we talked earlier. :hug: to you!

16. lightbeam

I understand this... I wiped out the password on the old router that we had once. I was uber paranoid, because tech support kept asking me about things on the account to verify that I was aythorized to activate the DSL service again. They wanted all sort of stuff. Finally a tech took pity on me, and gave me the DSL password, so I could put it in the modem. I would have been in a pickle if my did would have not been able to get on the internet.

Paranoia does strange things to me.

17. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday September 2nd

mornign out there... how's it going today???? i slept in some this night.. after beiong awake forever during power failure yesterday i sort of needed somne sleep.. few hours got to 711 and donuts and lottery tickets.. also need badly to do grocery shopping at safeway this morning.. baths, shampoos are needed also.. watch some more season 1 of lost in there somewhere.. just going to try to not get too buzzed with the coffee..

did finish book yesterday mornign had been kindleing forever.. was way past time for that.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and JOhn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5USg8_1gA

eric clapton and Layla..

18. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Re: Cafe Sunday September 2nd

I was awake until 3am this morning - had to keep checking the house, anxiety is seriously annoying

19. Butterfly

Hiya Jim - Hope you can get all your jobs done then have some relaxation time later on!

Midnightstar - Anxiety seriously sucks, hope you managed to get a bit of a lay in after staying up that late!

As for me, blah. Just hope everyone has a good day, and that today is kind to them. Big hugs for all! :hug:

20. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone!

Jimk, I hope you get a winning lottery ticket for you and John. :stars:
    Midnightstar, wishing you a relaxing day. :smile:
    Butterfly, I hope you can do something today chase off the blahs. :wave:

I've no idea what I'll be doing today. Might be family dinner at sis's and I'll chauffeur Dad there and back to his seniors' home.

Have a good Sunday everyone! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.