Cafe Sunday February 5th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there... how's it going today???? i got some sleep thank goodness.. been 15 hours without a marlboro and i want one of the frigging things rite now.. keep seeing this image dead on front of me with the marlboro being as big as a cuban cigar and a flame thrower with flame a going to lite it in just a minute.. coffee ready so going to tackle that now and p;ut on kiss alblum on ipad and try to distract myself..

katie supposed to take zoomies for the afternoon adn dinner today.. seem to have a large number of dvds.. ought to be able to find one dear to my heart to watch then this afternoon.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

lost the bloody battle this time with the marlboros.. hour ago i went up to 7-11 and bought a pack from steve the wonderful graveyard man who is always there.. he smokes and almost offered him a dollar for one of his but decided that would just not be right .. do not feel very damn good atm..

john awake now and we doing our morning coffee together ... got ps3 playing some steve winwood now..

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The smoking war is such a battle and it takes so many false starts for many of us, so please do not give up...have a wonderful day and hope you always have sweet music playing in your life

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Things have been crazy today. Went to Costco to get some water, and went to Einstein's to get bagels. Green Chili, and Six Cheese. Got three different types of cream cheese too. Sun Dried Tomato and Basil, Garden Veggie, and Smoked Salmon.

Then we went to Walmart to find a replacement movie for the one that my mother broke on accident (She borrowed it from a coworker). And then finally home. Was going to make calzones but too tired to do it. Maybe tomorrow.

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon everybody,

keep at it Jim. One step at a time.

Weather persists in being all nice and warm. I am appreciative but also weirded out by it. February isn't supposed to be like this.

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

hello all. Its been a busy weekend for me. I got my tax return and went and took care of stuff. I put in my application for an apartment so hopefully I can get approved for that. If I do then I'm moving Thursday.

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Mondayh February 6th

hello out there... how's it going today???? i got some sleep finally . was engaged in 3 and 1/2 horu movie JFK last evening.. today got to get to bank and deposit state check where they pay me some for caing for johnny.. consideering it costs them a thousand to do this they are well off considering zooms in a state institution would cost teh taxpayers $16,000 a month.. something not quite rite there..

got to balance my check register today.. would like to go with johnny to safeway and do the grocery number.. not much more on gotta list today.. coffee is ready. to couch now.. hope is a good day for you .. tc, Jim adn John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNhdQRbXhc

i would do anything for love (but i won't do that) by meatloaf

8. ZombiePringle

Re: Cafe Mondayh February 6th

Morning all. Just at work trying to finish out my shift. got about 5 hours left. I will be hearing from the apartments after work some time telling me if I got approved for my apartment. Will be moving on thursday if thats the case. I'm really hoping I get it.

9. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Hello all

It snowed over here on saturday afternoon but got out this morning to shops for necessary goods lol --- hope you are well.

When Meatloaf says I will do anything for love, what does it mean that he wont do that - what is that??(he wont do) - or is it obvious. :)

10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi zombie and hornbeam.. zombie hope you do get the apartment and a long good period within.. hornbeam the but won't do that has a different meaning to all that listen to this song. i got my own but going to keep it that way. following is wikpedia's thoughts on the lyric:

Perceived ambiguity of "that"Some people misunderstand the lyrics, claiming that the singer never identifies what "that" thing is, which he will not do. Meat Loaf says that the question, "What is 'that'?" is one of the most popular questions he is asked.[6]

Each verse mentions two things that he would do for love, followed by one thing that he will not do. The title phrase repetition reasserts that he "won't do that". Each mention of "that" is a reference to the particular promise that he made earlier in the same verse.[7] In addition, at the song's conclusion, the female vocalist predicts two other things that he will do: "You'll see that it's time to move on" and "You'll be screwing around". To both of these, he emphatically responds, "I won't do that!"

In his 1998 VH1 Storytellers special, he even explained it on stage using a blackboard and a pointing stick.[7] In a 1993 promotional interview, Steinman states that the definition of "that" is fully revealed in the song in each of the several verses in which it is mentioned.

It sort of is a little puzzle and I guess it goes by - but they're all great things. 'I won't stop doing beautiful things and I won't do bad things.' It's very noble. I'm very proud of that song because it's very much like out of the world of Excalibur. To me, it's like Sir Lancelot or something - very noble and chivalrous. That's my favorite song on the record - it's very ambitious.[8][9]

Although Meat Loaf believed that the lyrics were unambiguous, the singer recalls that Steinman predicted that they would cause confusion.[10] An early episode of the VH1 program Pop-up Video made this claim at the end of the song's video: "Exactly what Meat Loaf won't do for love remains a mystery to this day."[11] A reviewer writing for Allmusic commented that "The lyrics build suspense by portraying a romance-consumed lover who pledges to do anything in the name of love except 'that,' a mysterious thing that he will not specify."[4] The reviewer concludes that the mystery is revealed during the closing stages of the song, incorrectly implying that all references of "that" refer to the female vocalist's predictions at the end. Others assume that "that" is a reference to euthanasia or anal sex. In a DVD audio commentary, Meat Loaf indicated that the latter of these could be what "that" refers to.[6] Scholar Anne Bader interprets this as providing "an enlightening example of how listeners project their own thoughts, values, and concerns onto the meaning of the song with misconstrued lyrics."[2]

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

heyroo all!

Just woke up 10 minutes ago. Having a hard time getting moving already. Maybe I will just veg out today.

I eaally don't feel like doing anything today.

12. Mr Stewart

good evening everybody,

I received a package in the mail today. It contained the new coat that I ordered online to replace the fifteen years old one I've been meaning to replace for years and years but never got around to it or didn't want to go into a store to do it. Internet saves the day.

Plan for tomorrow is to take my car in to the car doctor for outpatient car surgery. Those squeaky brakes shall be fixed here and now and for all time, until they squeak again.

13. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a wonderful evening. :)

Well, today has been a busy day for me because I had to go through by filling out a application for DSHS today. We went to there office today because I need medical coverage in order to see a counselor or primary care office. My older insurance Molina cut me off without letting me know - so I've basically been inactive for a few months without knowing it. So, I'm still inactive and have to go through DSHS to get some coverage now. Other than that the good news is that I've been doing a little better because I managed to vent a little bit to my youth pastor. So, it seems to be helping me now because I've bottled things up for so many years. Other than that tonight has been so so just ate dinner a while ago. So, going to watch some t.v and chill tonight. Got 90% on my first English Essay of the quarter so I'm happy about that. Don't know how I did on my math test today... It seemed easy but it was kind of challenging so I'll remain optimistic on that.

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday February 7th

morning out there... how you doing????? johnny sleeping soundly now. i ain;t..lol new alblum of mccartney is mine now on itunes.. will listen on ipad in just a few.. we need to do shaves, baths, shampoos today.. think katie taking johnny for tonight.. going to watch some more of season 1 of to catch a thief this afternoon.. not too much more is coming out of me..just going to enjoy thsi day with zoomies..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

mad world by gary jules..

15. ZombiePringle

Re: Cafe Tuesday February 7th

Morning everybody. I'm still waiting to hear back on this apartment. will be a relief to just find out either way. Hoping I hear today...

16. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning all! I slept in. Well, I ended up reading into the wee hours of the morning and then sleeping. My sis and I are supposed to visit my father at his retirement/care home this afternoon. Will putter away the morning and do the visit when I hear from sis in the afternoon. I hope everyone has a good day! :)

17. Mr Stewart

morning everybody,

up now. laundry in progress. my car has a 1:30 appointment at the shop for oiling and brake fixing. hopefully the brakes won't be too expensive.

18. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi all had so much to do today got it all done now just visiting with you all then will go get supper started hugs to you all

19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello to all above me here.. hope day is good for you all.. i have been manicky as all get out since arising at midnight.. 11 cups of coffee have not helped this even a little bit.. ipad and itunes and hp p;uter burning cds like there is no tomorrow... been on amazon but for one dvd purchased have been able to rein mysel in thank goodness... zoomies been with me in my mania since 3am.. he has spent a lot of time jsut watching me zoom in stead of him for a change.. it is little after noon here in seattle..

what can i do that easy going, lighthearted and good for rest of day??? not a frigging clue.. got about 5 hours till i go crash adn burn.. thankfully john will go with katie in about 4 hours.. remember now why doc G adn tara have talked to me about my coffee intake many times.. feel like i should pinprick my finger and let all the air out..lol cant remember where the brake pedal is..

20. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Ouch! Do you have a TV channel with lots of comedies? That's always a fun way to let the air out of the bag! :laugh: Good luck! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.