Cafe Sunday it's December today..

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today??? I got some sleep so far but need more.. hopefully will just go back to bed and try some more after ;posting here.. cold weather around freezing is supposed to start tomorrow and last at least a week.. only forecasts seen so far only take it out to Saturday.. that means snow and ice on the roads and hills by me.. after recent car crash that gives me the darn creeps.. this morning zoomies and I going to 711 and shop for the usuals.. then off to safeway and Albertsons and get the rest..

also worried about grandpa electrican for the septic tanks hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday .. need to get this fixed and working now sir!!!! please give this old fool a break..

after shopping plan on some more of season 2 of breaking bad. also a little more forza car racing game..

hope is a good day for you.. Jim and John

boz scaggs and look what you've done to me...
  2. philipmainlader

philipmainlader New Member

I'm going to assume that today will be another empty day filled with my autistic trouble
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Phillip.. Welcome. To the cafe!!! Hope you find something good for yourself today.. Autism. Is subject special. To me.. Son John is. 37. Now and severely autistic and. Nonverbal for all. 37... He loves and enjoys lots of stuff
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hope the roads don't get too bad for you Jim! Know how terrifying driving in the snow can be as I nearly had a bad smash myself when we had a bad lot of snow. Someone was watching over me that day, how I didn't crash was a miracle!

Woke up this morning with headache as expected. Gonna steer clear of the ribena tonight I think. Just about to go out for a Sunday carvery. Dunno whether to go for pork or beef, or both lol.
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

heyroo all!

Hoping all is well everyone. Jim, please take care when driving. I hope things will be OK.

Philip, welcome to the Cafe!

Lexi... I warned you about the drinking. No alcoholism! *bips you on the nose*

Tommy Tom and I are relaxing. The calm before the storm. No one is getting anyone Christmas gifts except for the kiddo nieces. Gifts for them, and a couple of iPod Shuffles for me ad my mom. Nada else.

Cheap Christmas. Makes for easy stuff.

We are off!

:hug: to all.

-Jason and Tommy Tom
  6. Butterfly

Ouch Jason! That bip hurt! Kinda just accidentally opened the last bottle of wine lol *hides* but will be the last drink I have before Christmas and even then I won't be drinking much as I'm at work on boxing day! Not even drinking at works Christmas party because I'm driving and at work the next day but will be taxi for the other drunken nurses that live near me haha! Back home tomorrow though and back at work on Wednesday :(
  7. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good Sunday afternoon all. Happy Advent to those, who like me, celebrate it.

Not much to say except that I wound up not going to get the test after I wrote yesterday's post as my body decided to kick in gear and my monthly cycle began shortly after lunch. So no baby for me. It hit me much harder than I thought it would. Had a good cry and spent quite a lot of time feeling angry and grumpy. I told my husband last night that I really didn't feel like being around all my choir friends and folks from our parish, so we planned to go to a different parish for Mass today. I woke up this morning and felt physically like crap so we decided to wait and go to a later Mass at a different parish still. My mood has taken a nosedive and I honestly don't care if we do go to Mass at all today.

Anyway, that's the update, such as it is.

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hullo to coffee forums,

Welcome to SF, philipmainlader. I am also on autism spectrum.

Calm before the storm sort of day today. There is a blizzard warning in effect for my area right now. Looks like much snow will be coming late this evening and tomorrow. :snow:
  9. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Hello coffee forums! Good day to all of you! :)
  10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Monday Dec 2nd....

morning out there good ppl.. how'sit going today??? johnny sleeping soundly atm,,, way to go I been awake for hours now listening to some good old music on ipad.. bic lighter just ran out of gas.. up to 711 and ran into my guy pal at the counter.. graveyard holds a good place in my heart always.. Marlboros are much better

just going to wait and see if hear from septic tank electrician this morning??? please norm come fix my poop dispatcher machine.. my life would be easier for sure..

this mass of paperwork and crud on my dining room table and some of the surrounding floor is my goal and task for the day.. getting started maybe the glitch in all of this.. get that done I will be better..

if still got electicity tonight we going to do shrimp and fries for dinner.. zooms and I sort of like this meal.. should cross my electrons and stuff in my head to just go back to bed for awhile now.. naw.. that probably ain';t going to happen tonight..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

Janis Joplin and piece of my heart...
  11. Butterfly

Re: Cafe Monday Dec 2nd....

Really hope they fix that septic tank Jim!

As for me, I'm just packing the last of my stuff, ready to go home. I'm just about to have a shower and need to get my bum into gear. I have had such a lovely week, a little sad to be going home.
  12. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good morning all.

jimk, I hope you are able to get everything sorted with your septic tank. I know that must be so frustrating to have to deal with. Good luck with the paperwork too. We have a similar situation at our house with stuff that needs to be gone through, shredded, and sorted.

I'm really tired this morning and hoping that baby girl will take a decent nap for me later today. I could do with a few more zzzs. Mood-wise I'm struggling a bit. It's definitely not the worst I've ever felt but also definitely not anywhere near how I'd like to be feeling. My mood really took a nosedive Saturday and hasn't recovered. I feel like I'm in a downward spiral. I'm trying not to aggravate my mood and make it worse, but I am afraid it will get worse all the same.

13. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning everybody,

I took one look outside this morning and promptly called up work to say i'm not coming in today. Blizzard is going full blast outside. It's average amount of snow for a snow storm but the wind is making it brutal.

So to hell with that! I shall experience the blizzard from the safety of my home, thank you. ;)
  14. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

heyroo all

Sales sales sales. Gaaaaa... everyone is in pandemonium! Sell! Sell!! Sell!!! I've been watching real estate buying shows lately, since that is one thing that I would like to know about, and it's something I would like to learn. I want to learn the art of making the deal. I feel it could be of benefit, and a positive.

We'll see about real estate training, learning to be a broker, being an appraiser, etc etc etc, and advancing in real estate. It's just one more thing to learn.

We'll see!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom
  15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday Dec 3rd

hello and good morning .. I just did the wrong ctlr key combo and erased the entire post I was just about done with .. damn septic tank may have a blown and backing up drain field.. will hope just htat. as could be worse..expecting a visit sometime from an d with an expert.. did not get the dining room table cleared off and filed yesterday. tween the p;hone being on and off again and the septic tank crud did not get ot it.. hopefully today???

check from auto insurance company did not make it's way into my checking account yet.. will give them to Thursday afternoon and then will call and rattle their cages some/..

with the extra 15 mg of mirtaza;pine at breakfast I am sleeping more with maybe hour to two hours each night.. that is good I am sure of.. going to leave a message at mental health center to have a med nurse give me a call.. will hope fgor Kris.. sometimes I need a friendly shoulder also!!!

back to couch with a fresh cig, ipad music and hot cup of the wakeup juice.. john sleeping quietly atm.. little more please

hope is a good day for you.. tc, jim and john

simon and Garfunkel an bridge over troubled waters.. sing it art..
  16. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Cafe Tuesday Dec 3rd

Hope today goes well for you Jim and they actually get the septic sorted.

Not much to do here today - hoping for a quiet day with no people around....
  17. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, everyone.

Have been spending time with sister dealing with Dad's death and the arrangements. Things are planned and underway now, with a few details still to be sorted. Will have a small "celebration of life" reception for Dad. He was a great photographer, so we will set out some of his best photos, play his favorite music, and remember our best times with him. His lady friend will sing a song or two. Dad's drink was "scotch and soda," so we're offering guests a shot of scotch to toast him, in addition to the other food and drinks at the reception.

Jimk, hope your septic tank is fixed soon, your check arrives from the insurance company, and you get a chance to do your filing. Thanks for the song - perfect for me today!
    NYJmpMaster, wishing you a restful day with peace and quiet!

Sending out hugs and wishing everyone a day with smiles! :grouphug:
  18. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I hope the reception is healing for you Acy.

I just watched Pink Floyd The Wall on my huge TV and amazing sound system with my house guest for the week - sadly she is too young and did not have a fine enough ear to garner the appreciation Roger Waters musical genius deserves -- I think I will play it several more times for her until she does :)
  19. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Good morning all.

jimk, I was wondering how everything went with the septic tank. I hope you are able to get that fixed today and that the insurance folks get your check in your account too. Glad you got a little more sleep. I take mirtazapine too, but it doesn't seem to help me sleep even though I'm on the highest dose.

Ben, I hope your day is a quiet and peaceful one.

Acy, that sounds like a wonderful way to remember your dad. Continuing to think of you and your family.

I have plenty of things that need doing today but no motivation to do any of them. Honestly, I feel like I'm slipping deeper into darkness. It's not a full on sneaky hate spiral (see for a funny definition of sneaky hate spiral and check out her other entries for a good laugh when you need it!), but I can feel it getting closer to that. Right now I just feel unmotivated, withdrawn, quiet, and depressed. I wish I could say I'm hopeful that it's not a sign of bad things to come but I'm wary of hope as I've been burned by hoping so much lately.

20. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((AcY)) hope the gathering to celebrate dad's good points and remember goes good and ok.. ben , pink Floyd and the WALL are a one of a kind experience.. hope does capture your friend in the long run.. Ana hope you find some good thoughts and safe place to take some refuge in..

I went back to bed after bribing zoomies with a candy treat and some of the black wakeup juice.. he really did not want this but saw just how tired I really was atm..

was thinking that the excessive drowsiness and sleeping already getting too much now and will call and ask for a med nurse to call me today.. need some professional advice.. it's the old damned if you do but much more damned if you don't sort of things..

got the floor and table and counter sorted thru and what needed to be tossed is in the garbage and filed stuff is safely put in place.. did not take long nad all the worry about doing this was just plain folly.. time in racing game to do the two lap top speed tour of the le mans track..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.