Cafe Sunday January 15th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

early morning out there.. realized something which should have occurred to me rite off the bat.. on the 7th i saw my dentist and had teeth cleaned by grace.. that was saturday and by monday i had this pesky cold, cough and crud which is still hanging around.. nasal cavitites and lungs seem like they have to fight to take a breath.. that is why lying down in bed to sleep as usual is one mass of anxiety and tosssing and turning and not dropping rite off to sleep as usual.. instead fightin for a breath and the noise from lungs,,, nose and such.. i might get sick for a day once a year most of the time.. just doesn't happen..

well it has been a week and ain';t a whole bunch bettter.. thank you doc and grace.. sorry but i did not need this crud.. just sick enuf so not well but not enuf to be really seen by a GP doc which i have not had since end of December when she left the hmo..sides that snow coming today for most of upcoming week.. i do not want to take johnny out in if i can help it... not to mention the fact that next saturday i go back to dentist and they try to repair huge cavitites under bridge and crown.. which is hurting some now.. which means i got to go get somehelp..

sorry for this rant.. but is what is going thru what passes for my mind atm.. later in day will come back here and ctrl-c adn start my diary on ;puter for the new year..\

hope you are doing ok adn that the day is a good one for you.. jim and john

2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Morning folks.

Sorry to hear of these difficulties Jim. I hope things work out soon and you are feeling better.

Don't really have any plans myself. The house needs looking after but I am still a bit icky, the anti-biotics are doing their job though.

:hug: to alll

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning all! *yawns and stretches* Just had my own dental woes, Jim, so I can relate to that. I hope you feel better soon. If your cough and cold last, please see a doctor. A regular cold is usually 7-10 days or so of misery...Don't let it last longer than that, OK?

TK, glad to hear the antibiotics are doing their job. Good for you for letting some household stuff just wait. :)

Hugs for everyone! :grouphug:

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

thank you TK adn Acy.. knowing someone cares hits good spots in me.. TK hope the anitbiotics cure some ills of yours soon..

waited till 6am and then called my HMO"s consulting nurse service.. ran into Nancy adn RN who remembered me from the days when i was dissociating couple of times a week and called their number just so i could find my butt with both hands on it.. the dissociating is something unless one has done it you have no idea just how debilitating this is.. well that is much better nowadays adn maybe once every couple months instead of couple of times a week..

Nancy found it much better to help me with something she knew some of how to fix this time..lol gave me a couple of brand name anticongestants which will be ok with my slightly elevated blood pressure and rest of my p;sych meds.. get a digital thermonmeter adn maybe a humidifier if able to find it.. for a couple of days with the anticongestant twice daily and that should give me back my nose for something otehr than a lot of blowing and wiping..LOL i have hopes now after communing with Nancy..also temp checks and limits for how long this goes on fore i call and get seen by a doctor..

am hopeful now adn that a lot better than middle of night when i started this thread.. then was not pretty...lol give it anohter hour till head to pharmacies fore the snow starts coming down... zoomies has been an angel with me this morning.. johnny reads me so well after our 35 yrs together.. just knows when is not the time to rock my equilbrium..

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hi folks,

old man winter blew in with force yesterday evening. very cold and supposed to stay that way all week. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.