Cafe Sunday July 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today???? i got some sleep and zoomies still asleep now.. thank you lord.. going to see how thick grass in back yard is today and whether rain free and maybe mow that anyway... need to go to 7-11 for milky ways, donuts and few more things.. would like to vacluum the living room also.. got countdown from zero dvd yesterday.. try to watch today..

touch of melancholy has landed on me now at 1:30 in this morning... going to go back to ipad in a minute and look for some upbeat tunes and see if can shake the blues.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77npLqfbAc

beauty and the beast with celine and peabo...

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, everyone!

Star woke me up early, but it was a little later than before. We will keep adjusting her sleep / eat schedule until it is reasonable again. I feel like a mean Mom Cat when I "delay" her feeding...I feel grumpier if I'm not getting enough rest and Star is waking me up for a super early breakfast. I love my kitty.

Seeing the family today. Chauffeuring Dad up to sis's. Not planning much else for the day.

I hope everyone has a happy and sunny Sunday!

PS: Jimk, thanks for the song! Hope your melancholy has gone away by the time you read this!

3. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Mornin', y'all!

Had a dandy seasonal treat last night at the first local town fireworks show of the season. It poured rain earlier in the day, but the show still went on, with the locals wearing our hats and raincoats against the occasional spattering. Hooray for the webbed-footed residents of the Pacific Northwest!

We'll see what happens for Independence Day on Wednesday. For now, happy Sunday, y'all!

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all (in a tired and sad voice)

I am so tired. Everyone thinks that it's a good thing to wake me up before I should be awake. As soon as someone opens my door, I wake up. My parents know this. I feel like they exploit it. so that's why I am tired.

I am depressed for the same reasons. I should not be as paranoid as I am. I don't trust anyone. Even my parents sometimes. I hate therapists. I don't need one. But part of me think I won't got through with the paranoia stuff without one. I have no coping techniques.

And the paranoia seems to be getting more frequent.

Tommy Tom is spazzing about. He's a funny kitty.

I need sleep. The depression is sapping my energy.

Have a good one everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hi everybody,

work had the potential to be busy and stressful today but turned out quiet. so that's good to have out of the way. Finished book The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. Very good. Less heavy handed on the war statement than i thought it would be. Yes it was written during the Vietnam war and yes there are parallels, but it certainly wasn't scifi Apocalypse Now or something that I thought it might be. Back to courtroom drama again with The Reversal by Michael Connelly.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Monday July 2nd

hello out there.. how's it going so far???? got a couple hours of good sleep and going to try for some more in a bit.. want to call the mental health center and see if is an easier first time apt with my new therapist sooner than the 2 months having to wait now.. this ought to be rich..lol

not much at all on the gotta list today.. some more probably of season 13 of law & Order.. maybe a movie.. think will try to burn latest acquistion on itures of katy perrry's latest.. just going to try to have a good day for both of us.. hope a good day for you also.. tc, Jim and jOhn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omouwax-4uQ

the fortunes and you got your troubles ( i've got mine)

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Cafe Monday July 2nd

Good luck moving up your appointment Jim - maybe they have cancellation wait list if nothing else so you can get a call in the event of a cancellation?

Wife and kids leave this afternoon for 8 days at Disney World. Hope they have a great time and that they do not run into any travel problems. Wife is certainly able to deal with any issues that were to come up but still worry for them. A small piece of me is looking forward to a long quiet week at home alone.

My appointment i have been waiting for for 2 months is on the morning of the 5th. Hopefully it will be of some help and the pain will be more manageable after. Would be nice if the clinic was not a little over 100 miles away though - am not at all looking forward to trying to drive that far myself and is going to be an exceptionally long and exhausting day, but i have a a couple days to rest up for it and am considering asking father in law to go for ride to share driving - the idea of that while making a lot of sense id unpalatable to say the least though so we will see.

Have a great day all and for all the USA based members have a great holiday week !

Ben

8. Acy

G'mornin' folks!

Yay! :stars: The Princess Star kitty didn't wake me up until nearly 5 a.m. We are slowly getting her internal clock rearranged to a reasonable wake up and sleepy time.

A song just for Star, though she is far from being a "stray cat" now: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=223188332135812470

This is a national holiday here today, so NOTHING much is open. I will read, walk, sleep and maybe treat myself to something for dinner or dessert that I wouldn't normally have~

Jimk, I'm glad you have a fairly quiet day today. Ben, lots of music...a "style" an hour can help make long drives better in my experience. Hard rock for touring down the highway. And if I run into a traffic jam, I go to sing-along rock or even classical musical to lower the stress. I hope your drive - alone or with dad-in-law - goes well!

Big hugs :arms: and have a happy one, everybody!

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Morning Acy and Ben..glad stars clock is getting reset. Sleep is good says the sites leading insomniac..lol

Ben, hope their trip to Disney goes good for all of you.. And your apt on the 5th gets you the help you really need and deserve.

Got a bit of more sleep. Think about time to give in and pick a cd with the beat and get this house a rockin.. Time to raise my better half..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  10. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

fiddled farted around for couple of hours listening ot music and watching tv recorded shows.. finally got gumption and resolve and changed into work clothes and outside and fired up the lawn mower.. mowed front and back and proud i have got it done.. moral of the story is tomorrow may not come or i will be even less inspired later... did bath and clean clothes and actually resemble a human being now..got 40 minutes till zoomies lunch time so going to have a glass of apple juice and a marlboro..

11. lightbeam

Heyroo all

Voices woke me up his morning. They started chanting 'All good things must come to an end.' It's a line from the end of Star Trek: The Next Generation during the final series episode. Ugh. I am so tired of dealing with this. I took my meds. They murmur against me, and plot my eventual destruction. At least I can say no. Thank goodness for that!

I just deal with things. I hate it. I don't really fight either, since that would require energy. Energy is something I really don't have. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to work on that.

Tommy Tom is wandering the downstairs. Probably in my dad's window. He loves his dad!

Anyways we are off!

Have a good one everyone.

-Jason and Tommy Tom

12. Mr Stewart

hi everybody,

was a good day today for me. work was a ghost town due to the holiday. I was the only one scheduled for today. Seven hours of OT pay for reading my book and keeping the jackrabbits company isn't too shabby.

Two doctors appointments coming up this week. One for my car (check engine light is on) and one for me. Think I will ask for a dosage increase on my seroquel. The 50mg isn't doing the job anymore in keeping my crazy dreams and restless sleeping to a minimum. If they ever decided to make a combo mechanic shop + doctor's office that would be something I would regularly frequent. ha.

13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Tuesday July 3rd

hello out there.. how you doing today???? i got some sleep and up ofr awhile.. checked online bank accts and our checks are in the bank.. now we got some money... today got to get to pharmacy and p;ick up some of our pills.. not much more going to even attempt.. the piles of papers on dinning room table still there.. maybe weedeat if rain holds off..that about it.. coffee is ready so time for a marlboro.. hope you have a good day.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6iYWJxHqs

bruno mars and grenade...

14. Acy

Re: Cafe Tuesday July 3rd

Good morning! Wow, it's Tuesday already! :blink:

Jimk - oh, yeah, I know about piled up paperwork. I did some last week - it now has to rest and grow again for a bit - lol. So I have no specific plans today.

Hope everyone has a lovely day! :grouphug:

15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

First back to sleep I did the lost dream again.. Ages passed and bad circumstances and no way out..round and around till I finally jerk up and get the real clue all was just a dream.. Hate this but is the most common dream often have..

Johnny slept till 5"" currently we both doing coffee and listening to Katy Perry's latest cd.. Good time with Zoomies

16. NYJmpMaster

I have a bad habit of accumulating large piles of mail and papers then summarily throwing the all into trash... if it is important they write again...

Wife and kids are on flight to Florida now. Fingers crossed they have no airport delays or luggage issues.

2 days until try new treatment - can't really decide if excited or not- hate to get hopes up as it has not been a particularly good idea based on past experience..hmmm..

Well, i need to get something done - hope everybody stateside is preparing for BBQ's and festivities

Be Safe all !

17. lightbeam

Heyroo all

I woke up this morning with Tommy Tom laying between my feet snoozing. He snores when he is dreaming. It was quite funny. He's such a good kitty.

Acy, when did the princess wake you? I hope it was later. Getting kitties to adjust to new times is a chore.

Tom has been eating piecemeal. He doesn't really eat during the day. That worries me. He doesn't seem sick. Maybe he will do better soon.

Jim, I hope you will be able to get the weedeating done before the bad weather hits! Give Zoomies a hug from all of us at SF!

Ben, I hope the travels go OK with you and your family. It's tough with family away. We hope for the best for you at your treatment. Let us know how it goes.

Well Tommy Tom and I are off! I am going to try to get more sleep.

Take care and have a good one everybody!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

18. NYJmpMaster

The family is now safely and happily at disney world - i can relax and stop worrying lol

19. Mr Stewart

hi everybody,

plan for today is to take car into mechanics to see what the deal with the check engine light is. have an appointment for one hour from now.

other than that, nothing on agenda for today. hope the car fix isn't too expensive.

20. Mr Stewart

Picked up the car just now. It was just some corrosion on the gas cap preventing the thing from sealing properly when I screwed it on. That tripped the evap sensor, which tripped the engine light. So no biggie. No expensive repairs required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.