Cafe TGIFriday Sept 13th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi out there.. just realized is Friday the 13th.... oops.. how's it going so far today??? I am having real pro blems sleeping tonight.. just about given up.. the trying ot fast from the coffee for lab tests is not going very well again. guess will try again tomorrow night while zoomies is with Katie... we need shaves, baths and clean clothes today.. not a whole bunch more is going to happen today... some more tv show homeland I think..

watched bluray movie star trek into darkness yesterday with johnny.. liked it pretty much .. a good addition to the string..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, jim and john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbuJXQCIvo

Crosby , stills , nash suite:judy blue eyes....

2. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

Hello Jimk i have a hard time sleeping also, thinking about too much bad stuff, I have nothing to do today since I quit my job. i think i will go shopping buying things always makes me feel good, maybe on itunes, or amazon, or just straight to the mall, having coffee now and trying to get rid of this headache. good morning all

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning! :)

Star has been fed and is having her cat nap now. I've had one coffee and am considering a second one...I saw Dad yesterday. He's "OK" but not great. Kind of out of it more and more with dementia, though he's a little more alert now that they don't have to give him morphine for the pain of his broken wrist. So hard to see him so frail! :(

Jimk, ooooh, yeah. Friday the 13th! I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I hope you get more snooze time tonight. I feel for you having the fasting blood test. The day before I had it, I just nibbled on little things and drank lots of water all day until it was the cut off point - so I didn't go to bed hungry or thirsty or feeling "deprived." Got up next day, immediately zipped out to lab, then had a coffee right after they drew blood. I just kept telling myself how much I was going to ENJOY that coffee as soon as I could! Maybe that would help you, too? :hug:
    Please forgive me, I'm sorry you have a headache. I hope that goes soon! And shopping therapy can be fun, can't it?! :D Enjoy!

Appointment this a.m. and then not sure what I will do with the day. It has cooled down A LOT and that is fine with me. :) Maybe a good day for a nice long walk!

Wishing everyone a happy Friday 13th! :)

4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

ah, another amazon fan.... wooooo!

what do you think you might order?

i spend loads on that site...litirally. i may as well live their

5. please forgive me

I love amazon, i am thinking about getting some shoes, and i want to get more music,

6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

just got two big checks for clothes and other essentials. Dunno why, but I need to spend it by the end of the month. Going to ask payee if buying a wii for boxing would be good, since I want to get some exercise. I would think that they would frown on it.

I guess we shall see.

Tommy Tom says heyroo!

We are off! :hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

summer is certainly sticking around to the end this year in my area. By this time of year usually a chill is making its way into the wind. This is July weather still.

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Saturday Sept 14th

morning good ppl.. how you doing today???? john with momma tonight... daddy is in the early stages of a fasting for 8 hours so can get the fasting glucose blood tests done in 7 and 1/2 hour at lab.. needed that last cup of coffee first at midnight just now.. lord jimbo stick to this tonight and get the bloody thing done now!!!

dubbing realtime with bill maher now from dvr to videotape.. will watch in about an hour on vcr....some miley cyrus until then..john not back for another 11 hours.. kind of glad that he not a part of this fasting crap..lol

hope is a good day fo ryou.. tc JIm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbO2_077ixs

sam cooke and a change gonna come..

9. emily83

Re: Cafe Saturday Sept 14th

it's just dawned on me, when you say vcr.. i take it you mean the old video tapes, right?
    you are the only person i know who still uses them

hope you enjoy meley- as i said i quite like her music

not doing anything at all, feel terrible- terrible's not even the word

probably just go straight back to bed and watch movies- or just stare at the wall... not sure i've energy to watch anything

10. Acy

Good morning! :)

Still feeling sleepy. Lots of dreams last night that kept me busy and anxious all night long. I don't feel rested. Tonight will be better - I hope - lol! Star has had her breakfast and is snoozing again. She has the tough life of a pampered kitty. I've had coffee #1, and am considering coffee #2. Or back to bed...decisions, decisions!

Jimk, good luck with the fasting. Grrr, that test is torture - that we agree to! Enjoy your videos, hun!
    Emily83, I hope you find something to watch that you will enjoy! :)

I have lots of "need to do" things on my list today, but little motivation to do them. Hmmm. Will work on that and get at least something done today. :)

I hope it's a good one for all of you! :grouphug:

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Just getting my WIndows 7 box up to date, and antivirus put on. 117 updates!?!?! Are they mad?!?!

Just relaxing with Tommy Tom until my mom gets home, so we can go for a walk. Not much else on the gotta list.

TommyTom says heyroo!

ttfn!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

12. please forgive me

hello all i hope you are all having a good day,

13. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

have a good weekend coffee forums. :)

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi again café posters.. day is getting near it's end.. thank goodness...lol managed to keep the fast until I got the blood work done. clinic was not open when I got there at 8:30... they changed the open hour.. there were about 5 other suffering souls in line at the front door who were there for the fasting glucose tests... we all agreed we hate this process....

got home and got distracted by talking with others and finally 2 hours after getting home, I propped my feet up and truly enjoyed a cup of hot coffee with a Marlboro.. lot of truth that absence really does make the heart grow fonder..lol Katie called right after that.. john got up at 3am at her house nad was not going back to sleep.. wish he did not do that to her... about the time she was supposed to have him back to me she called on her cell...

john was in her car and crying very hard so she took him back to her place..just talke to her again and johnny doing lot better now.. almost time for dinner.. glad he is ok now..

Katie told me this morning on ;phone after I got back home from the blood work that she thinks drinking black coffee does not affect the fasting glucose test. next year I will call the lab ahead of time and ask them.. this old fart really does not like going without his coffee!!!!!

15. Acy

Oh, Jimk. I asked about the black coffee - it's not OK. :( I'm really glad you survived the siege this time! And it's so true about enjoying that cup of coffee when we finally get to it!

16. please forgive me

i was told the same thing that black coffee was ok before blood drawn, thank you Acy for clarifying that,

17. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Sunday Sept 15th

morning good folks... how's it going today??? john with Katie again tonight as he had a meltdown yesterday.. hope they sleeping peacefully now??? the antidepressants are working for me atm.. little sleep and the right meds really can help me..lol

yesterday was way too busy.. little slower with some thought on what is next if and I am able to stick with the present activity today.. would like to file after sorting the paperwork on kitchen counter nad dinning room table.. put this off long enuf..lol cut the jewel case paper label for couple cd's I burned last week.. maybe Olympus has fallen on amazon stream on demand movies???

thank god for the morning coffee, the Marlboros and the music at 1am in this morning..lol thinking a dash to safeway later this morning to pick up the smaller size batteries for my vcr remote.. will hold off the grocery shopping till tomorrow morning when can take johnny with me. thinking little pig suasages and fried eggs and toast for our dinner..

time to slouch off to and back couch.. thinking greatest hits simon and Garfunkel for a bit hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYj9J4UH8ck

mille small and my boy lollipop from mid sixties...

18. emily83

Re: Cafe Sunday Sept 15th

olympus has fallen is actually okay. those movies arn't really my type, but that was good... i hope yu enjoy it

your breakfast sounds good... i just had a few slices of bacon- not so hungry to be honest

not doing anything today. just getting by on empty

19. Acy

Good morning, all! :)

Thanks for the song, Jimk! Nice and upbeat! Am watching Mad Men while Star has her breakfast. Need to shower, change the bed, and head out for a bit today. Saw Dad yesterday and they had a musician in - actually, he is a music therapist. He's really good! Plays the oldies from the seniors' time and then gets them involved in counting off the rhythms, naming the songs, and so on. Dad is still kind of out of it these days. At least his broken wrist is not hurting now. :)

Jimk, hope you get to Safeway and then to your filing today.
    Emily83, hope your day is OK. Maybe you will find something interesting to watch on TV or YouTube.

Have a good Sunday everyone! :arms:

20. please forgive me

Hi Jimk do you have a extra marlboro, i need to go to the store, emily83 im not too hungry also enjoy the tube, Acy enjoy mad men and have a good day out, no plans for me just try to rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.