Cafe TGIFriday Sept 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Stewart

Re: Cafe Sunday Sept 22nc

A week? While I do read a lot I'm not that fast at it, truth be told. ;) One or half of a one maybe per week, page count depending. Abaddon's Gate is pretty long so probably two or three weeks for that one.

jimk

Staff Alumni
Cafe Monday Sept 23rd

hi out there. how you doing today??? john still sleeping atm.. I been a bit of up and down all night. just gave up ahd up seriously now..slowly thawing out .. got to pay my amazon card today.. this will hurt..lol thinking we go to subway and get a submarine sandwich to share for dinner tonight.. john usually likes this and so do I.. while we in that area maybe a stop at home depot and get a new mop... not sure what the weather going to be here yet today.. if clears up and sun comes out I mow... we will see????

hope is a good day for you.. tc, jim and john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EriieBV-nk

Michael Bolton and when I am back on my feet again..

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Re: Cafe Monday Sept 23rd

Good day all!

Mmmmmmm, subway sounds good right about now Jim as it's almost lunchtime here! Hope the weather is nice there today and you have a good day with Johnny!

As for me, I had a much better nights sleep last night, thank god! Slept from midnight till 6am, 6am-8am then I woke when my fiancé had to get up and ready for his driving lesson, but I managed to keep dozing off. Was having some crazy dreams though, better I am awake now lol. Going to have a relaxing day, then me and fiancé are goig to the cinema later to watch Insidious 2 in the directors lounge then going to pizza express for dinner! Yum yum!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter

Good morning! :)

Was up last last night and Star let me sleep a little late today. Good kitty! :) I'm sipping coffee now that she's been fed. Chores today and maybe a nice walk in the woods.

Jimk, Subway sounds good to me, too! Enjoy!
Butterfly, glad you got lots of sleep. Have fun with fiancé at movies and dinner tonight!

Take care and have a good start to the week folks! :)

AnaNg

Antiquities Friend

Good morning all.

Got up this morning and could barely get moving. Have one cup of coffee and a pumpkin muffin. I don't usually eat breakfast or lunch, so I guess eating something is a good thing. I don't know. I'm supposed to be making a phone call to my pdoc because my meds aren't working and to my regular GP to try and get an appointment to get a full set of blood work done to see if there is anything physically that could be causing this depression. I've had some blood work done and it was all normal. I really don't want to make either call because honestly, I'm not at all convinced that changing meds for the umpteenth time or having a battery of blood tests or other tests is going to help anything.

For now, I'm going to get another cup of coffee and try to keep myself alive another day :(

~Ana

Lorax

Good morning,
Kind of a weird nite, slept from noon yesterday-2am. Oh well, gonna call a staffing agency later.

emily83

having a case of what i call, "forum paronoya"

was not on here all weekend because of how bad and lost i feel, and today i log in only to see 145 search results... and i need to reply to them all!. or at least view them all

Mr Stewart

Good morning coffee forums,

I have been having a bunch of weirdo dreams this past week. Not scary, thankfully, just peculiar. So strange. Before i started taking meds, i very rarely remembered my dreams. Now it's a nightly cinema of the silliest nonsense my brain comes up with when left to its own devices.

jimk

Staff Alumni

Mr Stewart I can relate all too well to the weird dreams stuff.. where the hell did htat one come from lots of the time.. came from your head silly boy does not help me at all..no laughing matter really..

hi Emily glad to have you back at the café.. hope you do get to feeling well enuf that we see you on a regular basis again.. take care out there..

Lorax that is a lot of sleep recently. hope was dreamless mostly and you made up some for those nights you hardly got any at all..

Ana.. good to hear from you today.. better for me to know you still alive and kicking today.. medicine is a hunt going lots of corners a searching for the moment which comes from talkig , testing and etc for that moment when they finally do find the right something and get some proof and eventualy apply to the patient in concrete practice to help us.. hit and miss is what I mean..

lordy I hope they find something that really does help you son hon.. in the meantime hope you manage to stay with us nad safe..

acy hope that you are getting the chores done and got that walk in the woods done as was good...

lexi glad you got some good sleep.. hope movie good and pizza also for you two,,,

john was up at 3am again this moring. refused to go back to bed then.. was busy with website ad few other places until about 8am when managed convince him that daddy needed some more sleep.. he was pissed but went to room anyway.. had one of the most twisted scary ass highly emotional dream.. next thing I remember is waking ad sittig up in bed screaming with john hand on my shoulder trying to wake me up.. thank you son...

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend

Heryroo all!

Just relaxing with Tommy Tom... gonna go upstairs in a couple of hours to sit in the recliner for a few hours.

Tommy Tom is doing well.

He goes heyroo!!!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

jimk

Staff Alumni

hi Jason and tommy tom.. started watching tv show the mentalist on dvd just now.. got all seasons out so far .. like what I have watched.. simon baker is really good..

we did sandwich for dinner at subway.. on way home we did home depot and got sponge mop and a cheap dustpah.. got what's needed to clean rest of house before john's state caseworkers annual visit on the 3rd of October.. got grand theft auto V today in us mail.. played the last two races at the championship level in forza motorsport 4.. last one was a 2 heat race in cars going 200mph at le mans.. managed 2nd overall for the 2 heats.. was great. now I think am at the last level . legends of champions.. will take it easy and make this all last for awhile.. driving like a fool at top speed is kind of a hoot...

Acy

Admin
SF Supporter

Just updating about the day I've had. Directly after logging off here, I went to get laundry out of the dryer and I found a new meaning for "tumble dry." My washer/dryer are stacked, so I need a stool to get things out of the dryer sometimes. The stool slipped out from under me today, and I went down. I swore like there's no tomorrow and have scratches and bruises from my tumble.

Despite my clumsiness, I decided to go for a walk in the woods after that. It went fine except for the doggy-doo I managed to step on. Ugh! The good parts of the walk: I saw a lot of little chipmunks scurrying around, two red squirrels, two grey ones and two black ones. There are warblers in the woods on their way south. I saw one of my favorite birds - a white throated sparrow. And I saw two deer. One just walked across the path about 30 yards from me. The other was munching on tall grasses that almost hid it, except that its ears twitched, and I spotted it. It was a really lovely walk!

jimk

Staff Alumni

((Acy)) so glad the laundy tumble did no serious injuries.. be careful there.. glad the walk was good,..

jimk

Staff Alumni
Cafe Tuesday Sept 24th

morning out there.. How's it going today??? john sleeping now. hopefully he will not arise at 3am again this morning.. I am doing better this morning. no mania, no excessive tiredness.. just about right atm. if rain holds off today will think about the weedeating mowing fore the rain comes again around noon... come on weather do jimbo a favor today could you please..lol

thinkin during daylight hours would love to keep house as smokefree as I can for johnny and smoke in garage.. that will make it oe hell of a lot less pleasurable... some more of tv show the mentalist season one today I think.. afternoon we need shaves, baths and ]clean clothes and wash the dirty.. that really about the only gotta in the mess..

let's just try all to have a good day.. tc, Jim and John...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dyw6LZpSOA

eagles and hotel California..

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Re: Cafe Tuesday Sept 24th

Good day all!

Jim - Glad the mania and tiredness has gone and you are feeling better! Hope the weather holds off so you can do some gardening!

I had a really good afternoon yesterday. Went shopping, bought myself some sparkly shoes, 2 new lipsticks, more yankee candles, new razors (for shaving lol), bought grand tourismo 5. Then went to the cinema and fiancé treated us to directors lounge seats. Seats are very comfy and reclining in there and we got complimentary popcorn and drinks. We went to see Insidious 2, which was actually really good, better than the first one. We both really enjoyed it. We were the only ones in there so it was like our own private, luxury viewing hehe. Then we went to Pizza Express afterwards which was extremely yummy.

Today I am going to have a lazy day methinks. Going to play some Professor Layton on the 3DS to perplex my brain a little and keep it sharp, then may have a bash at grand tourismo 5. Still need to play the sims since I got the new stuff pack. So many games to play, not enough hours in the day.

Acy

Admin
SF Supporter

Good morning! :)

Up and trying to plan the day...Star has had breakfast and is sleeping. No help from her on plans. :D Probably a walk while the nice weather holds, grocery store for fresh veggies. Library at some point this week - maybe today? :noidea:

Jimk, thanks for Hotel California. Some songs are meant to last forever! Glad you got better rest and feel more grounded. :arms: I hope the weather cooperates for you today.
Butterfly, "directors' lounge" sounds wonderful! Actually the whole evening sounds like it was good. :) Wishing you a happy "lazy" day. :)

I hope everyone has some fun today! :)

Mr Stewart

good morning coffee forums,

i am up and about early for no particular reason. day off today. thinking maybe head back to bed and get another couple hours sleep shortly. yesterday i learned how to use a gizmo for sewing leather and such called a sewing awl. i used it to secure the seat cover I have on my office chair in place. or more specifically, secure the velcro that the seat cover attaches to in place. very useful device to have i think. sewing thick materials is a real pain without it.

AnaNg

Antiquities Friend

Good morning all.

Had a rough time of it last night and didn't get to sleep until around 3:30 am which meant only 2 hours and 45 minutes before my alarm went off at 6:15. I hit the snooze and dozed until my hubby woke me thirty minutes later. Helped him get the big kids ready for school and he was kind enough to take them (and the baby along for the ride) so I could catch another 45 minutes. That went by in a blink and he was soon waking me yet again. Baby spent some time in her jumperoo and I dozed again on the sofa beside her until she started fussing. Have had some coffee and a muffin. Need to get dinner prepped as today is my middle girl's gymnastics class and it means we won't be home until later than normal and dinner needs to be nearly ready to go. So I need to get that started if I can summon the energy and wherewithal. My depression level is maybe a tiny bit less this morning, despite the lack of rest but it's not a significant change from yesterday, so I'm not terribly excited about it. I also know my pattern is such that my depression worsens around midday and the early afternoon. Given that I'm already struggling with thoughts of suicide, this doesn't bode well. I hate this disease.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. To quote Sarah McLachlan, "It's just this state I'm in/I can't be good to anyone else like this."

~Ana

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

Was up at 8:15... Tommy Tom was licking my eyebrows. He's a very odd cat. Loves to wake me up all sorts of ways. lol!

Gotta go upstairs and sit, to get some strength in my back. Going to go walking later today, I hope. Need to do my exercises.

Anyway, we are off!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Mr Stewart

:hug: for you, Ana. This is most definitely the place to talk about the struggles as well as the good. Depression everyone here understands all too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00