Cafe Thursday August 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today????? I seem to be tired and not really wanting to be awake so far today.. no more 3 hours middle of night tryst with ipad and coffee and Marlboros now... guess that is ok .. all those yrs of missed sleep seems to have caught up with me... can't think of other than some food n meds that really got to do today.. maybe a hug or two for zoomies is needed.. some more of season 19 of law and order perhaps???? back to couch now..

hope \is a good day for you.. tc,, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsj2wdFDmLk

Rupert holmes and escapte the pina colada song...

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning! :)

It's a rainy day here. I suppose I can find things to do in the apartment...I'm sure there are some chores backlogged. lol Star has been fed, I'm working on my coffee. A good start in spite of the wet weather.

Jimk, thanks for the pina colada song. I'm sorry you're kind of tired today and I hope a bit of time just relaxing and watching some Law & Order makes you feel more rested.

Wishing everyone a fun Thursday! :)

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

How's all of you wonderful ppl?

Tommy Tom tried to get me up again. He wanted his nomnoms. He's good now, and is looking out the window. He's busy watchin his movies.

I am going to freewrite today (I hope). with the help of a writing prompt. We shall see!!

Alrighty....TommyTom and I are off!

:hug:

-Jason and Tommy Tom

4. lightbeam

Here's my freewrite for today.

1 August 2013

Here I lay, listening to my music. Right now, I have Dave Matthews Band on. Warehouse is the song. It's a live performance at Folsom Field. I don't have anything else to do. I suppose I could take my blood sugar. It'd be my fasting blood sugar.

I actually have stuff to do, like drinking coffee. But I need to take my sugars first because I don't want it too high.

I go over to my desk, and get my meter holder. It has lancets where I put them in a zipper enclosure, the meter, and glucose test strips in a small round bottle.

I pull the bottle of glucose strips out from it's holder. I open it, and slide all the strips out, and pull out one of the 50 strips that I hold in my hand.I try to slide them all black into the bottle. Some of them fall where I am sitting. I pick them up and place them in a bottle.

I take out a lancet. It's made of white plastic, that can be rotated and pulled off to reveal a small sterile needle. I look at the needle, smiling that it is indeed sterile. I take the top off the needle puncher, and place the new needle into the shaft. I change out needles after they are used once. It's the best way to get a reading.

I place the needle top back on and make sure it has a depth of 4, pulling the lever until I hear a click. I place it against my right ring finger, pushing the button to the needle.

The needle juts out for a split second, piercing the skin. I begin to squeeze my finger tip, blood pours out of the needle's injection, slowly. I place my finger on next to the strip, where it draws the blood in.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

148. It's better than what it was, but it could still be worked on.

I take my pills, which includes my blood sugar medication. I take that medication twice a day. Once before breakfast, and once with dinner. It is part of the medication regimen. I am on Glyburide/Metformin (diabetes med), Citalopram, Ziprasidone, Saphris, Lamotrigine, Simvastatin, and Benztropine. I recently stopped Risperidone, because I got sick of taking it. I really wasn't getting any benefits from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning coffee forums,

taking a sick day off work today. went back to bed and slept an additional four hours on top of the eight before. planning to do a quiet do nothing day.

6. lightbeam

:hug: Stewart

What are you ill with?

7. Mr Stewart

Thanks lightbeam. Lack of sleep is the ailment. haha. :sleeping: I have been burning the candle at both ends recently, not being careful about keeping steady sleep routine.

8. lightbeam

I'm guiltyof the same at times. I just stopped my Risperidone, because it wasn't helping me. It doesn't work... of tcourse the 'twisting brain' syndrome is a little more frequent. But overall, it's been good.

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe TGIFriday August 2nd..

morning good ppl... how you doing today???? I got some sleep and zoomies still sleeping soundly.. that is good.. couple of minutes will check my bank accounts and see if government checks have arrived.. with all the craziness in the congress and house would not surprise me much if they let the government play broke..

was able to put the denture back in yesterdayafternoon without real sore points within.. got back in now and sort of ok.. noon today john and I check in briefly with my dentist just to get a professional opinion on the subject..

should shave my ugly puss today.. change to some clean clothes also.. hoping Katie takes john tonight.. got to get to 711 and some more smokes and milk and mega and powerball ticket.. not too much more that is urgent today.. time to check online bank accounts..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFnD3uwKHag

trisha Yearwood and how do I live...

10. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

Re: Cafe TGIFriday August 2nd..

wow, is it really friday all ready.... actually lost track of the days again

well: nothing going on here at all. no sleep as per normal, and just finding ways to get me through the day... actually i'm kind of angry- tonight we were meant to have fish and chips from the chip shop, but yesterday someone drove in to the window and smashed it so now it's closed for refurbishment.

blah.. guess i'll have pizza in sted

11. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Morning Jim.

Well I am now relieved that I have finally managed to get my chat guide finished. If you haven't seen it already - it's in the Member Information and Resources section.

Today I shall be thinking about trying to keep myself from being easily irritated, as I experienced a snappy day/two after my venesection 2 weeks ago, so I want to minimise that risk, although fingers crossed I should be meeting up with someone tomorrow that gives my heart that butterfly feeling - so that could also help ease it.

Rolling on for possibility of coffee number two - and after 5 months cig free I'm back to smoking again. My choice, there are no excuses here.

12. Acy

Good morning! :)

I slept OK last night. Star was eager to get me up for breakfast today. She kept batting me on my head with her paws and walking over top of me if I hid under the covers. I'm now sipping on a coffee. Mmmm, nice and strong coffee! Hmm, reminds me, I'ill need to get cream today when I do groceries.

Jimk, I'm glad you can get the denture in and I hope the dentist can resolve last of sore points and give you the all clear!
    Emily83, I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep. I hope that's better for you tonight. Eek! Someone smashed into the front window of the chip shop with their car? That's one way to ask for drive through take away :noidea:
    Fighting_the_tide, good to hear from you. Sorry you've been feeling a little snappy, but glad that you've got plans that give your heart that butterfly feeling! Enjoy your 2nd coffee!

Have a good day everyone!

13. lightbeam

Heyroo all!

Jim, hoping that your denture is set and everything. Hope you get the all clear! Enjoy a smoke for me! (yes, my voices go silent when I smoke)

Acy! I had my coffee today... I had hazelnut creamer. gulpgulpgulp

fighting, what exactly is a venesection?

emily, that sucks! Why on earth would someone drive into the window of the chip shop?? I hope that no one got hurt!

Tommy Tom and I are relaxing today. I am planning on writing about my trip to the bank.

Should be good. I hope everyone has a good day! *big wide smile*

:hug:

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  14. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

My 11 year old dog Chester is being put down today. I am going to the vets to see him one last time. I don't know how to describe how I feel right now... I'm just numb. I can't even bring myself to cry yet, but I know I will when I see him. I am doing my best to contain myself for the moment and carry on as normal.

RIP Chester, 2002 - 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Charlotte)) hope you are able to see Chester one more time and hold it all somewhat together during.. Pets give unconditional love so very well.

16. Mr Stewart

:hug: for Charlotte today.

17. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

Thanks. He passed away at 9:00pm this evening. This day does not seem real.

18. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Saturday August 3rd

morning out there.. how you doing today???? john with Katie tonight and I am slowly waking up with music and coffee and the Marlboros.. is good so far.. no rush whatsoever.. Katie and john hope you both sleeping peacefully now???? nothing at all urgent got to do today... maybe pay my century link bundled bill today with electronic debit to my checking account..

will cruise the stacks of unwatched dvd movies and such and try to find something good.. know it is there, just not sure which atm.. doc S my dentist cleared my mouth for well yesterday.. finish the antibiotics and call it good .. hard to believe just a week ago my mouth was to point of condemnation..lol

time to fill the cup again and put on a new cd... hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxE5gBucU54

don't know much with aaron Neville and linda Ronstadt..

19. Acy

Re: Cafe Saturday August 3rd

G'day! :)

Star insisted on an early breakfast today...I'm now on my second cup of java and it's just after 6 a.m. here. Good kitty...doesn't let me sleep in. :D Will see Dad later today and perhaps do some household chores. A fairly quiet day, I hope.

Jimk, so glad you go the all clear on your mouth. When all is healed, you could have a nachos and steak night - crunch, munch, crunch!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Take care! :)

20. lightbeam

Re: Cafe Saturday August 3rd

Heyroo all!

Mmmmm...nachos and steak night. Acy, don't give me any ideas! nomnomnom

Tommy Tom and I just woke up. I made the bed, abd Tommy Tomi is eating.

Must have coffee! Had a pot of coffe yesterday. Gotta have coffee this morning, It's a wonderful thing.

Anyway...gptta get moving!

Take care!

;hug: to all the cafe posters and patrons!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.