Cafe Thursday January 19th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing???? got more sleep first shift than usual tonight..still got most of a foot of snow on the ground out there.. i was rite to cancel zoomies initital appt with brand new shrink today.. we probably would have wound up off the highway in a snow bank than the mental health center's parking lot.. hoping the weather warms up and starts raining sometime today to change waht is out there..

my brain and heart feel some snowed in stuff also this morning.. ain't awake but also not asleep. going to take a bit to transition out of this one.. hoep is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wJNpWgss8

patsy cline and Crazy..

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

roads and seattle tacoma area is a white icy mess now.. state patrol is saying unless you have an emergency you should just stay home.. i was planning on that anyway.. having grown up in upstate NY and South Dakota i knew already.. johnny up and in minute going to give him his daily shot of hot wakeup juice.. pondering canceling also my saturday early morning apt with dentist to do some needed repair.. need it but snow may still be around by then.. will wait till noon maybe and see if any melting out there gets underway?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQIPVqLMUg&ob=av2n

journey and don't stop believing..

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I agree that's why the college is closed again. It's time to break out the coffee and chill for a little while. Other than that i just started my morning off with icy conditions. Suppose to rain here soon don't know when. Doesn't neccerily mean it'll help with the icy conditions. Stay warm all those who are in the snow/rain today. I'm going to stay warm, and watch the news for a little while.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello, all! Back from the dentist appointment I had. Grrrr. Broken filling that was actually hiding a cracked tooth. My dentist (who is very good) drilled and filled as far as the crack was "visible," but advised that the tooth may be cracked even farther down. We're hoping that it's not and that the new filling resolves the problems.

It was snowing lightly when I came home. We got less than an inch! :( It hardly seems like winter except for the days when it's cold.

5. Tmacster1

It's still snowing outside and the news said it would stop at 2 lol. So, I guess we'll get a lot more snow than they predicted. Hopefully everyone is having a good afternoon? I'm just drinking hot cocoa and resting - watching t.v ondemand because there's no good shows on right now. Glad that you made it back from the dentist though Acy. :)

6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Tis afternoon here in Utah... argh, I hate this place.

Weather man predicted 6-8 inches of snow yesterday, and nada. I want snow, but I hate being cold. What a perplexing issue.

Just got out of the shower, feeling better. I remember the days when I would go months at a time without showering at the height of my illness.

Schizoaffective disorder sucks.

Anyway, I hope your tooth is ok Acy! Jim, I hope you are resting comfortably. And Trevor, I hope that 'on demand' keep you entertained!

7. Tmacster1

Thanks' it will because there's lots of new episodes I haven't seen of shoes that I watch. It's still snowing - so I'm enjoying it - hopefully you continue to stay warm. Also I'm glad that your feeling a little better. Shower's (warm ones) tend to make me feel better.

Trevor,

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

we are in the middle of a massive power failure thruout the area.. on mini notebook with a wireless card.. if no power soon johnn and i are goign to be bundled under a lot of old blankets just trying to keep warm.. got enuf stuff for sandwicches and chips for dinner...ice all over the roads. trrees down all over the place cause of the ice and snow on the branches.

we going to have a chilly night.. going to save th power on the ipad so can get some news off the net

9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hi everybody,

had to dig through three pages of threads just to find this. active day for the coffee forum.

Sorry about the power outage Jim. Hope that gets rectified as soon as possible.

Started on a new med today. Switched from sertraline to escitalopram. It didn't immediately make me feel horrible, so that's fine. No side effects at all on this first day, so hopefully that's a sign there won't be any. I would like to think that this new one will do something more beneficial than the last. Not optimistic though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.