Cafe Thursday Nov. 24

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Speedy, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Good morning to you all fellows,

May Thursday be a grand day for you. It is Thanksgiving day today in my country. I feel like I'm a kid again when it is a traditional holiday. My roots show as I have memories as a child celebrating holidays in a jovial, innocent spirit. I'm feeling so much better tonight. I feel so relieved and grateful for many people here and in my life. I don't know much about feelings, but I do know that I can become disillusioned about the past.. Almost like a defense so I don't have to think about bad memories or experiences. Which is good since I'm very sensitive, don't want some memories to be constantly on my mind, thank god.

Parents planning on going shopping on Black Friday. Have turkey waiting for today. Much love to you all. Have a safe Thursday. It would be a pleasure for us to hear how each and every one of you are doing.

Speedy

2. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. Currently 2:30 am my time and I'm still not sleeping. I blame a combination of insomnia and my hamster. Probably should try to get some sleep if I plan on making it through Thanksgiving. Have a long day ahead of me. Will be cooking a small breakfast. Already made my pie (oreo pudding pie, yum) and my small cake (which is mostly a center piece, really). Just have to do everything else. Will be eating dinner at my sisters. I'm torn between whether I'm looking forward to it or not.

Not sure if I'm doing Black Friday. I kind of actually loathe Black Friday. And "loathe" isn't a strong enough word. I tried it one year and it was insanity. People were literally fighting over freaking DVDs. I might brave it. Might.

Hope everyone has a good day and a good holiday if they're in the US and celebrate Thanksgiving. Best wishes to all of you. :hug:

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi speedy and shark dogs.. happy thanksgiving to everyone.. zoomies going to momma's for dinner and the night tonight. this should be good for all of us as daddy needs a break also..

my celebration by choice will be solitary and a movie and a turkey tv dinner.. after being a cook for care facility for 10 yrs many years ago doing the huge cooking number is not something i want to do again now.. this will be ok..

got to do shaves, baths and clean clothes today for zoomies and me.. rest of day is our's to do what we want to.. already wished everyone i care about a happy thanksgiving day..

going to have another cup of java and marlboro and try to find some good music on directv.. hope your day is a very good one.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNhdQRbXhc

meatloaf and i would do anything for love (but i won't do that)

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good morning coffee forum folk,

Thanksgiving was last month in Canada. I didn't do anything for it. The US based side of my family are big proponents of the holiday. My grandparents south of the border are doing the whole big meal with kids and grandkids and great grandkids. They are both in their late 80's. They did the same thing two years ago and Gramma said "never again." She's gone back on that I see.

it's 2am-ish here now. I should be off to bed soon. Work is at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, so reasonably long sleep period possible.

until tomorrow. :kris:

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

back to sleep and nasty dream land.. ended up on an underpowered motorbike being chased by someone's pet lion and tigers..

just about time i was going to be chomped to death i woke up suddenly , sitting up in bed.. glad it ended when it did.. going to reperuse freud's dream psychology: psychoanalysis for beginner's later today.. got some clues already what this one meant but will analyze later when john with katie..

it is little after 4am and think i will look thru the cd stacks and come up with something earth shaking to plop into the ps3 and raise the volume so zoomies joins me soon after..

6. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

Sam and I's thanksgiving present? We got the apartment we looked at yesterday! :D

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

glad you and Sam got the apartment you wanted.. congrats and best wishes in there and together you two...

just called the crisis line and Debbie answered the phone.. wished her a great thanksgiving and asked her to please tell all the others that zoomies and i wish them all a great day today..

in just a few minutes will take a quick trip and drive up to 7-11 and hopefully Nahawand will be there and will converse a bit and pickup 6 more glazed donouts for me and johnny..

8. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Cooked a small breakfast this morning. It was a bit hectic and my sisters dum dum lollipop (that's her dog, I call her that because he's a big ol' klutz) kept getting in the way. But I managed and everyone liked it. So, all is well. Sister is working on dinner now. Will probably be done by seven-ish. Gives us all enough time to get hungry again between my breakfast and her dinner. Only got a few hours of sleep last night, so I'm running on empty. Considering a nap but being that it's five, I'm not even sure I'll wake up in time. Oh well, might take a nap, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.