Cafe Tuesday, April Fool's Day

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SillyOldBear, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Well I hope no one gets fooled this April 1st. Not sure why today wound up being a day for pulling gags on people. I should google it.

Hope you are okay Jim. Always wonder, when you don't start the morning cafe chat.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning she bear.. thanks for starting the café.. my problem today is that I have just about had as much as I can stand on all fronts lately.. now that johnny up also is some better.. almost time for breakfast and then going to try to get inspired and go mall walking???

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good afternoon, Café!

Was up and out early today. Just back in and had lunch. Will be a quiet afternoon for me.

She Bear, thanks for opening the café today. :) Local news station here had a couple of little pranks.
    Jimk, sending you hugs for the day.

Wishing everyone a sense of peace and love today. :arms:

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

heyroo!

Just relaxing, and working on my Spanish in a bit. I am going to try a new learning technique today. Reading, writing , say out loud, and typing. Hopefully it gets the cobwebs out, and storage in.

We'll see.

She Bear, thank you so much for opening the Cafe!

I'm glad you are doing OK Jim! Getting mall walking in was good? I hope it was! You and Zoomies always deserve the best!

Acy! Hoping for a wonderful day for you! :hug:

Tommy Tom says 'heyroo!'

We are off!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hi coffee forums,

day off today and breakfast is toasting in the toaster oven at the moment. i have let some of the cleaning slide in my apartment lately and need to address it today before it gets out of hand. moreso clutter that needs tidying.

6. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Hi.

This hurts a lot. So so much. I'm falling deeper and the darkness is stifling. There are no tears in this place just darkness. So much darkness. I can't. I just can't. I can hardly breathe or move. I just can't..no more. No more.

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Wednesday April 2nd

morning out there... how you doing today??? john with Katie tonight and I am sort of glad for that.. now if he is just sleeping and behaving will be fine???

not much at all I got to get to today.. shave my grizzled puss would be good.. ingrown hairs starting to hurt there.. watch last couple of episodes on 5th season of NYPD Blue also.. then file ontot the shelve... promised lynn on the crisis line I would call her back today.. at least will call and leave a message for her. love her way too much to do otherwise.

atm debating whether I am just going to go crawl back into bed.. think bed is going ot win..lol

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7FRbeaXjvk

garth brooks the dance..

8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Re: Cafe Wednesday April 2nd

Crawling back in bed sound so nice, Jim. But its off to work I go. Work is really a blessing and a curse. I don't like it there, but need the money. And it gives me something to do. I hope you have a decent day today. Sounds like yesterday was pretty bad for you. Do call Lynn. It sounds like you really enjoy talking to her.

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi Barb.. hope work today is good and painless for you today.. will be thinking of you all day.. this song below is just for you today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLgbnz9gB0 lionel Richie and Jennifer nettles..

I got some sleep last night which I really needed.. been busy for hours now.. time to finally eat breakfast fore Katie brings johnny back.. how Katie aned johnny doing in my driveway is going to bespeak volumes for how this day is going to go for the three of us!!!!

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning coffee forums,

I am very upset with my landlords this morning. They started making kitchen noises at 9:30am and have been at it for the last 90 minutes solid. They are moving at the end of the month to a different house and I think maybe they think it's okay to not be considerate to me about the noise because they'll be gone soon? This is ridiculous. :rant:

11. Acy

Good afternoon, Café! :)

I went to bed so early last night I was up early this a.m....and out early. It is a beautiful day outside today - sunny and much more like spring temperature today! :)

Jimk, glad you slept some last night!
    She bear, I hope work has gone well for you today - more ups than downs!
    Mr Stewart, noisy neighbors (landlords or regular tenants) are annoying. I hope things are quieter now.

About to feed my little Star kitty and try to read some of my mystery novel. A quiet afternoon. :D

Wishing everyone something to make them smile today! :)

12. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Afternoon.

Today is a little better, not as dark but still hurts a lot. Saw my therapist last night for a crisis session. Almost didn't go. Was parked outside his office for a half hour wrestling with myself. In the end, I had made up my mind to not go in but was persuaded by an old friend and mentor who called me (he was worried for me). When I said I didn't want to go in, he had his wife call my husband who then called me. I still didn't want to go in, but I heard the voice of our youngest baby girl making fussy sounds in the background and that's what made me go. After hanging up with my husband, I called my friend back and he made me stay on the phone w/him until I got inside and he wanted to at least say hello to my therapist to make sure I was truly safe. I was a little annoyed in the moment, but touched by his concern. I had the hardest time saying much of anything. My therapist can usually get me talking fairly quickly even if I'm initially quiet, but last night I just couldn't. It was a good half hour before I said more than three or four words in answer to his questions. Even after I started talking, it came in little spurts and there were many more very silent moments where I was at a loss for words or where the darkness came over me so heavy that I was rendered silent. We talked for two and a half hours. At the end of it, he asked me if I was going to go home. I must've sat there for almost five minutes struggling with what to say and how to say it. I didn't want to go home and was still feeling very actively suicidal. I finally confessed as much and he said he would need to call my husband to come get me and he did. My husband was at home w/our three kids already long since asleep and no one to keep them and the momma bear part of me that doesn't want anything to hurt my children kicked in, so I called him back and told him not to come and that I would come home. I didn't want him to have to wake our kids up and pile them all in the car, confused and frightened at 10:30 at night to come get me. So I went home darkly depressed and exhausted and only marginally better for my session. I hadn't eaten all day and after helping me to bed, my husband got me some pain meds for my headache and peanut butter crackers. I didn't go right to sleep but finally crashed around 2:30am. I got a little more sleep than usual and blessedly, I don't remember any of it. That helped some, but today I find myself still hurting a lot and still suicidal and still very quiet. Tonight is choir practice. I don't know that I trust myself to go and then come home again. I don't know..

~Ana

13. lightbeam

Heyroo everyone!

Just dropping by. Have a good day!

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Thursday April 3rd

hello out there.. how you doing today??? johnny sleeping soundly atm.. I am sort of staggering my way into consciousness for hour now.. did check my online bank accounts and checks made it in and transferred what I had to .. today got to pay my whooping century link bundled bill.. this one always hurts..lol

would like to finally do my shave, baths and shampoos for us with hopes of getting to supercuts tomorrow and maybe start looking like humans again??? better get going with this early or ain't going to happen..

did finishfinally season 5 of nypd blue yesterday. now back to LA Law season 1.. not going to set the world on fire this day. just scraping by is goal for us..

hope a good day for you.. tc, JIm and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhODqrl0Zk

Gladys knight and best thing that ever happened to me....

15. Acy

Re: Cafe Thursday April 3rd

Good morning Café! :)

Ah, back to a more regular schedule - earlier to bed and up earlier...and amazingly, feel a bit better for it! Star seems to like the schedule too. Funny kitty. When I stay up too late, she comes in and hovers and pesters me. When I go to bed "on time," she just follows me in to the bedroom and then lies on my tummy while I try to read in bed. Have to love that furry friend of mine! *snuggles the kitty! :cats009:* Today, I have no major plans, but might take a page from jimk's book and go mall walking.

Jimk, glad you got some sleep and am happy that your checks arrived in the bank! I hope you get your baths and shaves today so you can do supercuts tomorrow. Enjoy your quiet day with some TV this afternoon. :)

Wishing everyone a good Thursday! :irishdoll:

16. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Morning all.

I don't know what to say this morning. The darkness is still very heavy. I am very sorry to bring the mood down here. I have my weekly session with my therapist tonight. I am struggling so much right now that it is all I can do to make it through the day and I am only just barely doing that. Everything just hurts so so much.

~Ana

17. lightbeam

Heyroo!

I hope everyone is having a normal day. Ana, you have email, big sis!

I wish everyone a good day!!!

Tommy Tom and I are going to practice our merengue zumba. Tomorrow, I will be doing the merengue and salsa dances (I think). It'll be good!

Eventually, I will be able to do a large amount of dance moves, and I will be able to dance my way to losing weight. Hopefully.

Zumba = Dance fitness.

Gotta get to studying my Spanish. Adios!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

18. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Good luck with your appointment tonight, AnaNg! I'll be pulling for you... As for me, I am currently enjoying my second favorite Peckinpah picture: "Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia" (the first of course being, "Straw Dogs"). I've also liked listening to an old Deftones album this a.m.: "Around The Fur." Spectacular shredding & soothing ( to me perhaps only ) vocals. Peace out!

19. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

Hello Jimk here is some mind food for you that you asked for and any one else for that matter. May they fill your thoughts with the wonder of the universe we inhabit and makes your nights not quite so long and dull.

This is a site I spend a lot of time on, it is called Documentary heaven and many amazing things can be watched on there. Some of it though is certainly nonsense but every one has their own tastes.

http://documentaryheaven.com/

This is the private life of plants, there are six episodes and they will make you amazed by the seemingly 'gentle' green growing things of the world.

http://documentaryheaven.com/the-private-life-of-plants-1/

This is Cosmos with Carl Sagan an amazingly wise science driven man that wanted to make the wonder of the universe accessible to all. After the 14 hours worth of episodes you will likely have such an appreciation of the cosmos and its majesty.

http://documentaryheaven.com/cosmos-with-carl-sagan/

This is through the wormhole, it covers large and broad range of topics and is just mind provoking in the questions it puts out. You can find them on youtube just by searching, but here is the first episode for you. It goes up to season 5 I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VKYCOraco

This one is Alien Planets, as you asked for stuff on aliens. This does a good job at explaining the goldilocks zone, where conditions for life is hypothesised to be quite probable via various math and calculation and current knowledge at our disposal. It is merely conjecture but it is still fascinating none the less. The uploader of this video is called SpaceRip and has many more fascinating videos in the collection. Which you may be interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKAccC_mOQ

Lastly, Evolution, Darwin's dangerous idea. It is a rather solid documentary explaining evolution beyond the usual uninformed views, that often entirely misrepresent evolution and turn it into some bizarre caricature. Of murder all weak people. I have honestly given up explaining, after one too many death threats and comments of, it is just a theory... It all starts to get tiresome. Someday soon I think humanity is destined to be an evolutionary dead end. But I digress, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOc7Xqj-kQ&list=PL0679IGx8w0gQLqJXjL2TdVAmDmGPCqA9

Be gentle with yourself Jimk. There is beauty in knowledge and beauty in the compassion you show your son, do not lose sight of that amidst the shit storm of insanity that is the whole of mankind.

Later.

20. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

thanks for the links Adam.. when up in middle of night tomorrow will start watching..

got to 711, pharmacy and safeway.. then got back home and ran out of energy to do the baths and shampoos.. naughty me , will have to wait for another day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.