Cafe Wednesday August 1st..

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how you doing today???? thought this month would never ever get here.. july was full of too much stuff and glad some is over now..lol johnny with katie tonight.. hope you two are doing welll now.. i got an eye apt at clinic today at noon.. had been 10 yrs or more since last time so thought it was good to finally make the apt.. if sun otu then try putting some more weed killer spary on front yard's dandelion crop. they are a totall huge pita ..

went back to bed at 11:30pm and got a bit more sleep. feels sort of good.. not going to do anything too serious or that needs a lot of effort today.. just make ti thru the day.. hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wVZwdHmRY

don't stop believin' by journey...

2. letty

letty Banned Member

Good morning jimk, i am glad you got more sleep, I havent slept yet, not a good night but i wont complain,
    nothing planned for today, oh i do plan on getting coffee today I realy miss it have a great day everyone

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Good morning Jim and letty... I'm feeling a bit better today, I think. I'm going to attribute that to the full moon just for the sake of superstition. I plan to do some shopping today and to hit the gym later on tonight (maybe). Other than that, same old same old.

Jim, I bought weed killer for that exact purpose, but out here in the midwest, it's no longer dandelion season... I've got a completely different crop of weeds now. Still debating on whether to do something about them or just let nature take its course in the form of winter. Once the frost comes, it will kill everything anyway. That may still be a couple of months off, but I'm patient enough to wait. Not sure how much snow you all get south of Seattle, though... you might have to resort to chemical warfare.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning Café goers!

Have just had my fix for the day and it was ...ahhh, so good! :coffee: I have had two nights of more sound sleep than I've had in a long time. Star has been thoroughly re-trained for the wake up times which is a blessing beyond words. I wubs dat kitty! Today I need to buy cream, and some baking supplies.A long-time buddy has a birthday in early August, and I always bake something gooey and sweet for him. :smile: Baking will happen tomorrow, or even early morning on Friday.

Jim and Wolf, sound like you both might enjoy having "natural gardens" in which the weeds don't matter. Put up a sign, "Reclaimed Meadow" and you're set. :wink:

Letty, :hug: I hope you got some sleep. Enjoy that java today!

Good day to others who come along and post later.

Wishing everyone a happy Hump Day - Let's do something silly and carefree today. It will make us (and maybe someone else) smile. :biggrin:

5. TheLoneWolf

That's not a bad idea. Sometimes I wish I had bought one of the houses across the street, because they back up to a wooded area... then I could just let the woods grow right up to my back porch and not even bother with mowing.

I knew a guy once who lived in the middle of the city, and his entire yard was just wild plants and trees... it was like walking through a jungle just to get to his door. Some people said he was eccentric - and okay, I'll admit, he was - but his house was like a little slice of nature in the middle of a concrete jungle. It was nice. I wouldn't mind living like that.

6. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone! It's another day at the office - an unproductive one so far. I had a bit of a down night last night. I've had this music gig for the past two months on Friday nights, and it's really been refreshing for me and mostly a good experience, but one of the people who helps lead sing with me called me last night and sounded as if she was thinking of backing out. She's also the person who got me the gig in the first place. I don't completely know what this means, but with a conversation like that, paranoia creeps in and I start to worry. Hopefully things will resolve for the better one way or the other.

Still going strong on my diet and exercise plan. I'm really starting to crave some of the foods I cut out like fries, pizza, pasta, milk, but I'm holding strong there.

- J

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Good morning everyone...hope you're all well. I don't even know how I feel right now, don't seem to know much of what's going on anymore. Take care and have a great day.

8. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo everyone

Well, I have a bit of advice... when Windows 8 comes out, do *not* upgrade to it. Absolute worst operating system I've ever had the pleasure of installing. All it is... is Bing incarnate. No applications, no nothing, just news. That's all. I am redownloading Windows 7, since I didn't have a copy on my TB hard drive. Arrrr.. the pirate I am... :pirate:

Tommy Tom is relaxing on me. He's such a good boy!

9. TheLoneWolf

Oh, great... I've been hanging on to XP for as long as possible because everyone told me how horrible Vista was... then I heard that they had fixed most of the issues with 7... of course, by the time I have to get a new computer, it will probably come installed with 8.

Maybe I'll just get a Mac next time.

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good mo... no, afternoon, coffee forums,

crazy dreams continue on a nightly basis. I think it's time to make a trip to the GP and see about switching out my seroquel for something else. seroquel worked an little bit initially but now... bupkis. And the XR version is stupid expensive. So there is that as well.

11. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi agaIN EVERYONE... well the eye doctor also said smoking can have bad effects to my health.. gp doc. dentist, eye doc. relativtes adn all sorts of othere with more sense than me, preach constntly about the evils of smoking at me.. good god, if it was that easy to quit i would have already done it in one of the humdred times previously tried to ditch this frigging habit!!!!!!

anyway, my vision has not changed much for the worse.. glasses and i are doing pretty well.. john was an angel thru the whole apt.. way to go zoomies.. got home and took spray bottle of weed killer and sprayed the latest of the crop to show their dainty yellow flowers to me.. not sure who is going to win this battle???? lol

12. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Thursday August 2nd

morning good ppl.. how's it going today???? got a touch more sleep first shift tonight than usual.. no muss, no fuss adn ok atm..johnny sleeping like the true angel he is.. weighing alll the bills and think should pay the century link bundled bill today of $335.. got $700 for homeowners adn $100 for garbage disposal and $400 for car servicing on back burner and get to as able. not broke but just have to use some patience and wisdom i seem to be lacking atm..lol

not much besides pills, food that is really needed today.. think will start the dvd festival of the hannibal lecter films on blu ray today.. this ought to scare the hell out of me..lol eye doctor yesterday added her voice to the fire abotu the possible bad effects smoking could cause me.. at least this one seems to get my point that quitting ther fucking things is not going to be easy at all for me.. oh well... a day or minute at a time..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXLlWW5pbI

james ingram and i believe i can fly..

13. Raven

Raven Guest

14. TheLoneWolf

Re: Cafe Thursday August 2nd

Morning Jim and Mike...

Wow Jim, that's quite a stack of bills you've got there. Thankfully my homeowner's insurance is bundled in with my mortgage payment, and I just replaced my garbage disposal not too long ago... car is running fine, but I will have about a $400 servicing / maintenance to do on it soon... the fewer expenses I have these days, the better, as I've been trying to get out of debt for years... still trying to pay off the cost of my wedding and wife's @#$%ing absurdly expensive ring (that she picked out for herself, mind you)...

Anyway, like you said, one day at a time, right?

Hope everyone has a good one.

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone!

Have had my coffee and need to get the rest of the day started. Must get a couple of things from the grocery store and then I'm baking this afternoon. Tonight, I'm taking Dad and his lady friend to a show. The lady friend invited me (so I could drive and look after Dad), but she bought the tickets so I guess that's fair enough. lol

Not much else doing today.

I hope everyone has a happy one! :smile:

16. letty

letty Banned Member

hi Jimk ,Raven, TheLonwWolf , Acy , I hope you have a good day, I have a doctors visit today, having my coffee now, dissapointed in me today. have a awesome day everyone.

17. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

johnny had awakened at 2:30 or so to pee and had the good sense to just go batck to bed without even being asked.. got to love this one.. we both slept in till almost 6am.. seem replenished and ready for the day.. found out the reason my receiver's sound had diminished all on it's own with music and movies.. one speaker was discconnected from output and fixed that and back to good now.. time for first of the hannibal movies now.. coffee and a cigar should make it good..

paid and in the box is the bundled phone bill.. hurt some but now is done..

18. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Jim - forget the bills - go with cigs and anacks
    Raven - Have a good day - and umm... you and my tastes in music - two roads diverged in yoellow wood - and you took the road less traveled by, not so with I
    Lonewolf - sounds like you are making progress on debt, hope she liked the ring
    Acy - what are you baking and may I have some?
    Letty - hope Dr visit went well - no sense in being disappointed in self , look for something positive to focau on - like what a nice person you are and the kindness you show others here as an example

Ben - Glad you are finally feeling a little better today - please take asvantage of it in someway and try leaving the front door at the minimum

Take care all

19. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo everyone!

Just wanted to chime in and say heyroo!

Tommy Tom and I are relaxing...

ttys!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  20. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

I had much too much caffeine yesterday and feel groggy today as result. My fault. I got all worried for no reason about what alternatives there were available if for some reason the filters for my cone shaped (pointy end, not flat) pour over coffee gizmo became unavailable. tried folded paper towel, worked okay but taste was a little off. tried regular basket filters folded into a cone, that worked perfect. of course felt obligated to drink all coffee produced in the course of the experiments. so zaaaaang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.